Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

Is anyone else having fierce login problems?

Also, FajitasGTR is my username. Quite active.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

Feel free to add me folks nadinefdr

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

OldBean wrote: »
    Is anyone else having fierce login problems?

Also, FajitasGTR is my username. Quite active.
    having terrible log in issues, think it's to do with UPC as if I switch to 3G I get in quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭hattoncracker

Hey hey guys! :) haven't been on this thread for a while! Still active, username dnn_farrel643, so feel free to add me.

I've been slowly trying to reduce the amount of time I spend playing this!

Won't be happening after the Halloween update anyway! Heehee!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

Hi, add me chelleoo, have many inactive neighbours, how do I delete them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,472 ✭✭✭corkie

rawn wrote: »
    Hi, add me chelleooo, have many inactive neighbours, how do I delete them?

If your on android, you need to download Origin PC/MAC app to your computer and use that!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

corkie wrote: »
    If your on android, you need to download Origin PC/MAC app to your computer and use that!

Lame! But thanks, on it now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Paddypowered

Tablecloth66 if anyone wants some GOO!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

Got my goo on yesterday. I play about 2x daily. Username : Orchidzful
    Are the gremilns good or bad? Should I be squishing them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

Anyone tried any hacks to get donuts?
    Compared with some other games the cost of buying them to get the premium stuff is unreal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Squish the gremlins and release yours into other peoples town. If you squish, you get two goo as does whoever sent it. If you don't squish you get nothing and the person who sent it gets four.
    Anyone tried any hacks to get donuts?
    Compared with some other games the cost of buying them to get the premium stuff is unreal.

You can get one for iOS (don't know if the new one is out yet, I haven't checked) and you used to be able to do the same for Android. The Android version was stopped for a while because people were selling it, don't know if it started back up yet.

They have to be redone after every App Store update.

I reckon you'd have to have spent close to €1000 to have gotten everything thus far (unless you got very lucky with mystery boxes etc). A few months ago it was around the €500 mark but they have added a lot more expensive items since.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

Any idea where to get the hack? I'm not spending a grand on a game.

On a different note, haunting a haunted building is giving me to goo each time, happy days
    rorymurphyjnr very active

YouTube with whatever version number it is in the search along with something like "tapped out donut hack". There are a lot of fakes so be prepared to watch a lot of videos. You need to be jail broken for iOS.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,632 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

What's the point of hacking the game? So you can show off your city and look cool? Where's the fun or sense of accomplishment in that?

When people visit your city they don't care what items you have, they're only interested in their own city and collecting goo when they visit you.

Besides when I visit an overinflated city straight away you know the player is a cheater.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

faceman wrote: »
    When people visit your city they don't care what items you have, they're only interested in their own city and collecting goo when they visit you.

In all fairness, I often visit friends and pick up on ideas and designs they've used. It influences some of the things I place and arrange in my town. It's not all about the Goo :D I've certain friends who's towns look very thrown together and then there's others with really good ideas and smart placements. It's all part of the enjoyment of the game. It's handy being able to see how some of the premium items look and fit into a town. I usually nosey around when I visit anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭Wossack

hacking prob falls under the same banner as pirating software, and so reckon shouldnt be discussed here..?

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭BigBabyTaylor

Theres a new "glitch" found if you can call it that. If you go to the community prizes screen and keep pushing the button in the bottom right that has multiple characters on it the community goo count in your app goes up a few thousand every time you push it.

Not really that useful seeing as the goal is 5 billion but if your like a few million away you could get some of the prizes slightly faster. Also Im pretty sure the community total resets to the actual number when you sign out

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Iano_128

I'm new to the game but flat out on it at the moment if anyone wants to add me: iano0128

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Got a Homer Budha in my weekly box this morning which in turn gave me 30 donuts. Add in the 10 free Donuts from last nigh and my total is up to 65. Still not enough to buy anything worthwhile. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Away from Haloween for a while, I have 41 donuts. What should I spend them on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,891 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I have 96 donuts. Dunno what to spend it on either. Any opinions?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 kenfjt

Could you add me please kenfjt27. Playing every day.

8000 goo mark + First community prize should unlock tonight.

I was at 7931 goo when I ended the game last night.

When I logged into today I was greeted by the following: -

27016-1.jpg

27017-1.jpg

And this is how I place my burns coffin: -

Screenshot_2013-10-07-16-06-14.png

And we are getting close to the first community prize and we all should find out what we need for the next!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

8000 goo mark + First community prize should unlock tonight.

I was at 7931 goo when I ended the game last night.

That's an impressive goo hall!!! I'm at the 4200 mark and finding it hard to collect anymore! Must check and see how many friends I have - and see if maybe I can add more neighbours.

Cork_girl wrote: »
    That's an impressive goo hall!!! I'm at the 4200 mark and finding it hard to collect anymore! Must check and see how many friends I have - and see if maybe I can add more neighbours.

You are probably well on target, see the chart below!
    Tips for earning goo!
    To people asking how come some people have a high goo count.
    1. I rushed the first build task.
    2. I bought one all the ghost generators (cemeteries etc)
    3. I have now approx 70 friends that are now Halloween Activated (out my hundred) and visit them all.
    4. On a few times per day as well to collect the ghosts.
    5. Used the ghost trick in friends towns and can tap six ghosts instead of five.
    6. Haunted a building that's already haunted and get 2 goo instead of the 1 goo.

On number 6 there is disagreement with people on whether this unhaunts the building or not.

If your visiting my town and you haunt a building that's already haunted. Please let me know.

I also tap any gremlins I see, because that means some else can leave more and potentially earn more goo per 4 hour period. Than if i left the gremlins alone. --- Raising Community GOO total

faceman wrote: »
    What's the point of hacking the game? So you can show off your city and look cool? Where's the fun or sense of accomplishment in that?

Besides when I visit an overinflated city straight away you know the player is a cheater.

So I can add to my enjoyment of the game. It's really very simple.

It's only a problem if you use it to speed build everything. I simply use it for the extra characters etc. I still do everything else as normal, as do 99% of people who have used the hacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭remoteboy

Plenty of space on my friends list if anyone looking for an add. Remoteboy on origin. Log in a couple of times a day. Building the Tooth Chipper in KL and up to 2500 goo in Springfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭TFK

I got 2 free donuts today, one tapping ghosts in my town and the other tapping ghosts in a neighbours town.

Noticed the community total is 4.5 billion as of about 2 mins ago.

TFK wrote: »
    I got 2 free donuts today, one tapping ghosts in my town and the other tapping ghosts in a neighbours town.

Noticed the community total is 4.5 billion as of about 2 mins ago.

Just checked it myself and it was pushing 4.7 billion. We should get the first one late tonight or early tomorrow depending on how active the Americans are today. It's a nice addition. Hopefully the next event will run even better again. This is a million times more enjoyable than wacking day.

I'm close to 4000, which is way ahead of the estimated requirement. Quite a lot of my friends list are in the same region with only a few lagging behind. They definitely learned their lesson.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭TFK

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Just checked it myself and it was pushing 4.7 billion. We should get the first one late tonight or early tomorrow depending on how active the Americans are today. It's a nice addition. Hopefully the next event will run even better again. This is a million times more enjoyable than wacking day.

I'm close to 4000, which is way ahead of the estimated requirement. Quite a lot of my friends list are in the same region with only a few lagging behind. They definitely learned their lesson.

I am just over the 4000 myself . The only thing is being ahead of the estimation is poor homer being too busy! I can't keep track of which quests I am doing lol

Advertisement