Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

TFK wrote: »
    I am just over the 4000 myself . The only thing is being ahead of the estimation is poor homer being too busy! I can't keep track of which quests I am doing lol

I got the strongman prompt earlier and told it to fcuk off and wait :pac:

That's my one complaint about the game right now. The quests are not spread out enough. When is the last time Moe was used for example? When he got his new suit? Poor Homer is way overworked.

Also, the one off tasks should be permanent. The sending people to Disco Stu's, sending them to prison etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭corkie

There is a great barbel gag in homer's costume first task!

I won't post a picture here, because I don't want to spoil it for others!

See here for picture!

A great post on the TSTOnews forum on why for the community goo it is better to tap them gremlins as soon as you see them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Still few spots on my list for anyone who wants to add me :-).

Daily player bla bla bla lol.

barney085 is my username

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭TFK

First prize arrived this morning! I had to buy land lol.

My town needs another reshuffle once Halloween is done, so many new bits so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

TFK wrote: »
    First prize arrived this morning! I had to buy land lol.

My town needs another reshuffle once Halloween is done, so many new bits so far.
    it is not that big! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭badgerhowlin

Just won BIG on the dogs.
    200000 + 500xp

hoodwinked wrote: »
    it is not that big! :P

I know :-P but everything was getting very cluttered looking.

I need to hire a grounds keeper of my own.

First community prize Unlocked!

27702-1.jpg

Got to 9940 Goo mark. I won't be playing the game again till 4pm. So If anyone wants to get 4 goo from gremlins, drop them in my town till 12:00.

And another task for homer with this new building!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

Anyone having trouble getting to krustyland?
    My game keeps bombing out, everything else is ok

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

Yep, happens a lot. If I go into a neighbours KL first and then go into my own it doesn't always crash.. that might help!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

Yeah,
    When I click on krustyland game crashes then, restart the game and can jump into krustyland no problem.
    Pain in the hole!!
    Everything else is the finest also (using an Iphone)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

got that community unlock there this morning. That removes the need to get a Premium Lard Lad now I'm happy to say.

Caved in and bougt 3 golden scratch cards after getting my 40 free donuts yesterday and got another 30 from em. So now I'm on 96 donuts and can get a few things.

Very tempted by

Dr. Nick
    Arnie Pie
    Rich Texan

but also now thinking I might hold off for 100 and get booberella as a limited item character

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

When I got the question about the last episode the other day I wasn't expecting it as I hadn't read up on things for a few days. Thankfully I guessed right though. Will there be one of those a week? If so it's great. Very good for donut building I have to say. I think I've got about 6 so far from clicking on ghosts. Currently making homer be haunted now for 12 hours, and after that it's the Lisa library quest where you can get the other free donuts from Mr Burns, and I'll get Homer doing some of his backlog of tasks then when he is free, probably ultrahouse 24 hour task which I haven't started yet. I also need him to do the Snorky Tuna task.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,893 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

djkeogh wrote: »
    got that community unlock there this morning. That removes the need to get a Premium Lard Lad now I'm happy to say.

Caved in and bougt 3 golden scratch cards after getting my 40 free donuts yesterday and got another 30 from em. So now I'm on 96 donuts and can get a few things.

Very tempted by

Dr. Nick
    Arnie Pie
    Rich Texan

but also now thinking I might hold off for 100 and get booberella as a limited item character

I've 97 donuts and don't know what to spend it on either. Could do with some help on deciding!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I've 97 donuts and don't know what to spend it on either. Could do with some help on deciding!

In a similar position....and have been leaning towards getting Dr Nick for a while, simply because I really enjoy his character in the show.

Yea Dr Nick has been on my list for ages but I've been swayed away by Otto and Frink in the past. Now I'm thinking the Limited Character might be the way to go as when she's gone she's gone. If Donuts weren't an issue It'd be Disco Stu. It's such a long slog to get to this level of donuts that I always agonise over the decision.

At the end of the day it's about what's right for you and who you like most. I'll take a character over a building everytime but the Combo of both is generally the deciding factor.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,565 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Hold off till the end of Halloween before spending donuts. Its a free donut heavy event and you might have even more to spend on something better

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

KevIRL wrote: »
    Hold off till the end of Halloween before spending donuts. Its a free donut heavy event and you might have even more to spend on something better

Thats pretty sage advice. I've already plucked 2 donuts from tapping ghosts. Up to 42 and will hang on for a month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

just a question, has anybody gotten donuts from hoovering up ghosts or is it just an incentive to tap them?

Quest overload here, just got snorky so yet another homer one! He is currently at lard land, after finishing his romantic night in the ultra house. Which he did after finishing the first strongman task.....

I am all confused now lol.

I am guessing (hoping) that as long as they are sitting in the task bar it doesn't really matter about which order you do them? Would hate to mess it up because I missed a prompt or something.

• Advertisement

just a question, has anybody gotten donuts from hoovering up ghosts or is it just an incentive to tap them?

I guess it would work with the hoover as you collect them like goo and gremlins... Mine were from tapping anyway.

On logging in this evening I was greet by these two prompts: -
    (It happen to me yesterday as well with the previous prize)

27704-1.jpg

27705-1.jpg

I didn't think I sent out that many gremlins at 8 this morning!

Now that I have all the prizes

27706-1.jpg

It's time to start collecting goo to get donuts! to make up for speeding up the first task.

I have had 5 from ghosts/gremlins - 2 in my town and 3 in friends!
    10 from the Simpson Attic Quiz
    6 More to come from the questline mystery.

Also the task's for Homer just keep coming! : -
    27707-1.jpg

Regards
    John

Anyone wrote: »
    In a similar position....and have been leaning towards getting Dr Nick for a while, simply because I really enjoy his character in the show.

Lol, after all that, I accidentally purchased Dr. Nick. I was just clicking on the blue info mark and it bought him instead!

Back to 7 donuts now.

Lol, after all that, I accidentally purchased Dr. Nick. I was just clicking on the blue info mark and it bought him instead!

Back to 7 donuts now.

It's too late now but you should turn on confirm donut spend in your options and always check it again after a game update!

Note: - To anyone sending me in game friend requests,
    My friends list is full with active players.
    Of my Hundred only 7 have goo levels below 1000!

ah at least you got Dr Nick and didn't end up getting something you didn't want at all. I've gotten 3 more donuts from levelling up so on a nice round 100 Donuts at the moment. Going to have a real hard time resisting spending these now.i guess realistically i might secure anther 20 - 30 donuts over the Halloween. 40 at a push so time to analyse whether there is anythingin that range that would sway me. problem is I'm more likely to splurge more cash on scratch cards chasing a higher donut count.

Every few weeks or so, I buy some donuts so I know I won't be just lagging a long trying to get donuts forever. It's the only game that has stayed constant on my Kindle so I like to give something back.

@Corkie: Thanks for the tip!

I have had 5 donuts from ghosts/gremlins - 2 in my town and 3 in friends!
    10 from the Simpson Attic Quiz
    6 More to come from the questline mystery.

Quoting myself above!

@Corkie: Thanks for the tip!

Which Tip? I never suggested anyone buy donuts! That's a personal choice for anyone!

Edit: Tip: - Confirm donuts spend

@ corkie, was looking around your town earlier, you have some load of premium items, have you spent a bucketload on this game or hacked it?

KevIRL wrote: »
    @ corkie, was looking around your town earlier, you have some load of premium items, have you spent a bucketload on this game or hacked it?

I don't believe in hacking or neither condone it! I have spent nearly €300 (or more) on the game I think. Don't know how many scratch cards i have bought. --- * Crazy I know!

Latest purchase at the start of this event was Boatload of 2400 Donuts (The Simpsons™: Tapped Out) for €89.99. Sad I know but once you get the donut bug, you come addicted to it!

See this blog from one my game friends -- * Donut Crazy!

• Advertisement

corkie wrote: »
    I don't believe in hacking or neither condone it! I have spent nearly €300 (or more) on the game I think. Don't know how many scratch cards i have bought. --- * Crazy I know!

Latest purchase at the start of this event was Boatload of 2400 Donuts (The Simpsons™: Tapped Out) for €89.99. Sad I know but once you get the donut bug, you come addicted to it!

See this blog from one my game friends -- * Donut Crazy!

You nutter. But fair dues for not hacking.

Advertisement