Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

DubDJ wrote: »
    Yeah I feel this is a much more enjoyable update than previous ones. I haven't visited any friends for Goo in a day and a half because I hadn't got the time and was tired. But I know i'll still have more than enough time to hit the targets.

Only issues with this update is that Homer is needed for nearly all tasks. Last night I had 4 individual Halloween related tasks that all needed Homer. I'm also having a lot of game crashes lately which can get annoying. But they seem random enough.

Seen a plausible explanation for Homer's overtime. He is there from the start so Halloween tasks are available for everyone. You don't need to wait in order to unlock him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Caved in and bought more scratch cards so I could get the Ray gun and shoot down Kodos.

have 68 Donuts left now so will see how we end up at the end of the event.

@Corkie, I love what you've down with walls and Burns coffin. Looks great.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Seen a plausible explanation for Homer's overtime. He is there from the start so Halloween tasks are available for everyone. You don't need to wait in order to unlock him.

Oh I know that, but there's also Lisa, Apu and Cletus, all of which were available from the first few minutes of the game. They need to spread out tasks to them. So far it's just been Homer and Lisa I think.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

DubDJ wrote: »
    Oh I know that, but there's also Lisa, Apu and Cletus, all of which were available from the first few minutes of the game. They need to spread out tasks to them. So far it's just been Homer and Lisa I think.

Marge and Moe are needed for 12 and 13 as well. I'm on 13 now, and 14 is the free donuts one which I'll get to tomorrow. At least I can get Homer doing some of his other tasks now, I think he had about 4 queued up, and that was even after doing a couple of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Have this on my tablet but have never started it - definitely wouldn't be in for any grinding or playing each and every day, or even interacting with friends - is it a game that can be enjoyable if you are happy just to dip your toe in and out of it occasionally?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Irish94

How do I get the 5 donuts when Lisa is researching in the library?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,565 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Tap on Mr Burns

KevIRL wrote: »
    Tap on Mr Burns

I've done that, but nothing happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

Irish94 wrote: »
    is it quest 14? she also goes on quest 10 or 11?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

Irish94 wrote: »
    It's a particular library task (she goes to the library at least twice), the one titled "Make Lisa Solve the Freak Show Tent Mystery"

• Advertisement

hoodwinked wrote: »
    is it quest 14? she also goes on quest 10 or 11?

It is quest 10. Is it quest 14 when I can get donuts?

ionapaul wrote: »
    Have this on my tablet but have never started it - definitely wouldn't be in for any grinding or playing each and every day, or even interacting with friends - is it a game that can be enjoyable if you are happy just to dip your toe in and out of it occasionally?

Yes. Without the friends and such you likely wont get many of the halloween prizes but the rest of the game you can play by yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

Woop Burns Coffin collected :)

Still getting locked out of KL all of the time - sent Bart on a task yesterday and can't release him which is annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Weird glitch today. Homer was doing the give Burns a carry quest, but then a ghost came and entered Burns. So every time I tapped on him to release the ghost ot just went over to Homer and Burns. Poor Burnsy was 24 hours possessed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭corkie

keano_afc wrote: »
    Weird glitch today. Homer was doing the give Burns a carry quest, but then a ghost came and entered Burns. So every time I tapped on him to release the ghost ot just went over to Homer and Burns. Poor Burnsy was 24 hours possessed.

Had that when smither's was exercising for burns.

Too late now but you can unhaunt them using the hover.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 EimearF

Need neighbours :) add me please : DreamBig177
    Daily player!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

ionapaul wrote: »

My little one does just that. She dips her toe in every now and then. She is currently starting the halloween one but has only 5 friends so she wont ever complete it. She just likes building things and making roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭fatguy

Me and my wife would like more people to spam:

Andyfatbas61
    Lucybren83

TYIA

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

Anyone notice the game crashes when you select tasks of people that are possessed?

Who prompts the Twirl N Hurl quest line? Make sure I don't send them out on something else in Springfield in the morning.

Should get the Burns prize after collecting from friends tomorrow, so the final prize will be along hopefully before Monday.

Also, you DONT have to wait to collect everything in friends town's. A lot of people said you did as it doesn't add to your total in the next town. Once you go back to your town it all gets added. Just cut my visiting time in half.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭corkie

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Who prompts the Twirl N Hurl quest line? Make sure I don't send them out on something else in Springfield in the morning.

Should get the Burns prize after collecting from friends tomorrow, so the final prize will be along hopefully before Monday.

Also, you DONT have to wait to collect everything in friends town's. A lot of people said you did as it doesn't add to your total in the next town. Once you go back to your town it all gets added. Just cut my visiting time in half.

Twirl "N" Hurl (Krustyland)
    1. Bart Triggers to build Twirl "N" Hurl
    2. Make Bart ride the Twirl "N" Hurl (16 hours)

All questlines can be found on the TSTOforum.

And EA fixed the collecting of goo from friends towns in the Wednesday ingame update!

Just got my second Spooktacular bonus (14044 Goo). And the 3 donuts on my third tap! Plus another donut from ghosts. That's now 7!

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭hal9000

Anyone notice the horse ghost over krustyburger now! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

corkie wrote: »
    Twirl "N" Hurl (Krustyland)
    1. Bart Triggers to build Twirl "N" Hurl
    2. Make Bart ride the Twirl "N" Hurl (16 hours)

All questlines can be found on the TSTOforum.

And EA fixed the collecting of goo from friends towns in the Wednesday ingame update!

Just got my second Spooktacular bonus (14044 Goo). And the 3 donuts on my third tap! Plus another donut from ghosts. That's now 7!

Weirdly this was also fixed on iOS but I received no update. It just stopped working for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

fatguy wrote: »
    Me and my wife would like more people to spam:

Andyfatbas61
    Lucybren83

TYIA

Cant find you Andy, Lucy appears ok though

On a sidenote, I was looking at redisigning my place, but it's so much hassle on a phone....so found this,
    I'm currently playing tapped out on full screen on PC :D, so much easier to rearrange things
    orsq.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

I just got my wife an android tablet and according to the Play Store it's compatible and it downloads and installs no problem, but when I open the app it just keeps going between the spinning donut and the Bart server error screen. I've been trying it on and off for the last hour but no joy. I can get in no problem on my phone, though. Any ideas to try and fix it?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Sounds like a network problem. Do you have the tablet set up for wifi?

Yep and all other apps are fine, I can browse as normal, watch videos, etc. It's just Tapped Out that's giving me hassle. I'd love to have it all set up for when she comes home, it's really perplexing me!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,632 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Vojera wrote: »
    Yep and all other apps are fine, I can browse as normal, watch videos, etc. It's just Tapped Out that's giving me hassle. I'd love to have it all set up for when she comes home, it's really perplexing me!

Are you with UPC?

faceman wrote: »
    Are you with UPC?

Yes I am. Oh no, you had bother with them, didn't you? Crap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

Vojera wrote: »
    Yes I am. Oh no, you had bother with them, didn't you? Crap.

Clear the memory. I have this problem sometimes too.

Advertisement