Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Anyone know why it slows down in parts of the town where moving about? Don't think it was so bad on the Nexus 2012 but the 2013 model looks a load more sluggish to me.
    Can this be fixed?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭AlmostQuick

No way would I give them my account details. I highly suggest you shouldn't either.
    Yeah, fair enough- Origin have absolutely no information on me though, not even my name. I've never bought anything from them so there's no credit card involved. I only use it for Tapped Out. I'm not sure what the risk would be? When I got the donuts I could change my password.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

Guys keep sending them Gremlins, I do love tapping them out (was going to say something else). :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Yeah, fair enough- Origin have absolutely no information on me though, not even my name. I've never bought anything from them so there's no credit card involved. I only use it for Tapped Out. I'm not sure what the risk would be? When I got the donuts I could change my password.

What's the bets you have the same email / password combo that you use for origin for other sites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

I've just started this today and I can see it becoming super addictive! How does adding friends work? Can you visit other people's towns and things?

My username is the same as my boards name (MurdyWurdy) if anyone wants to add me. I have no friends so far but think I've sent requests to 3/4 people I know but I'm not 100% sure!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    I've just started this today and I can see it becoming super addictive! How does adding friends work? Can you visit other people's towns and things?

My username is the same as my boards name (MurdyWurdy) if anyone wants to add me. I have no friends so far but think I've sent requests to 3/4 people I know but I'm not 100% sure!! :)

Sending one now.

mrsoundie wrote: »
    Sending one now.

Thanks. I am no longer friendless :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Cork_girl wrote: »
    I'm not sure what you mean? It's showing as locked for them both? Is the tack book the list on the left?

Exactly. It worked for me from there.
    I came across on EBay where you can buy like 50000 donuts for around €4. You send them your Origin login and password to receive them. Has anyone here tried this, it just sounds a bit dubious even though the sellers seem to be reputable?

You can get the same for free on Reddit. You just have to wait your turn. They have feedback for everyone so you know if they can be trusted or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

Anyone else disappointed with the "crawling zombie"?
    I know it's a group effort reward but seriously

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Just reached the 10,000 Goo mark. So I can just relax and stop visiting towns now, which will make the event more enjoyable again. Have to say though the whole thing hasn't been too bad. Definitely the best event to date. So much involved in it too, and a lot of content.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Irish94

I collected 288 goo overnight from my gremlins. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

Irish94 wrote: »

They're fierce hard workers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

I came across on EBay where you can buy like 50000 donuts for around €4. You send them your Origin login and password to receive them. Has anyone here tried this, it just sounds a bit dubious even though the sellers seem to be reputable?

They use your login details to basically hack the content into your account. As soon as EA notice, which might be within an hour (if you get lucky they might never notice), they will ban your account for good. Not worth the risk, plus imo there's no point in cheating at the game it's a bizarre thing to do :D

Irish94 wrote: »

I collected around 450 Goo. I don't know how. I must of sent 100 Gremlins max to towns and I don't know how I collected so much. Not complaining though as it pushed me to the 10,000 target so it sped up the game completion by around a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

that second commuinty prize was crap. I've a feeling the rest of them are going to be pretty poor to be fair. The Lard Lad one was great so I'm happy with that.

I'll be storing all my zombies once Halloween is finished anyway so that kinda stuff holds no interest for me past this event.

Got 2 donuts when tapping on friends towns this morning. Really have to commend the developers for giving away so many free donuts on this event. If there's one thing I've found it's that the more donuts you have the more donuts you want!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭corkie

DubDJ wrote: »
    Just reached the 10,000 Goo mark. So I can just relax and stop visiting towns now, which will make the event more enjoyable again. Have to say though the whole thing hasn't been too bad. Definitely the best event to date. So much involved in it too, and a lot of content.

Please Collect for community bonus and donuts!

I just reached over 20,000 goo and my fifth spooktacular bonus! Although I hit collect on 1 donut by mistake instead of buying more taps!

I have finished all Halloween Quests, so hoping we get a level update this week.

Anyone else finding it hanging? Playing on a iPad over wifi and having trouble with it all day

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Hangs all the time for me. I just restart it and it works fine.

corkie wrote: »

Please Collect for community bonus and donuts!

I just reached over 20,000 goo and my fifth spooktacular bonus! Although I hit collect on 1 donut by mistake instead of buying more taps!

I have finished all Halloween Quests, so hoping we get a level update this week.

I think there's plenty of Goo to reach the targets. I won't be visiting friends anymore because it takes about 1hr atleast each time and it's really not enjoyable.

I've noticed the latest community target is only 3 million Goo which is even easier again. We're two weeks in and almost at the 3rd prize. So there's three weeks left to get the rest, more than enough time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

just started this and was looking for friends, is there an up to date list of active players or do I just go through the thread?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

have stopped visiting one neighbour as their town completely freezes my game. don't know what's going on but from the brief glances i've seen they definitely a cheat so good riddance.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,632 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

have stopped visiting one neighbour as their town completely freezes my game. don't know what's going on but from the brief glances i've seen they definitely a cheat so good riddance.

I have this problem as well with 1 neighbour

So my "game not working over UPC" issue has returned over the past few days which is really frustrating

I have a semi workaround. (I'm on ios7). Connect the game via 3G and when you get to your town, switch on wifi via the control panel and you're sorted. For some reason the game just doesnt like UPC Internet when initially loading. It's completely ruined by efforts with the current task which leaves me ticked off. If the issue keeps up I can see myself leaving the game. :(

Skerries wrote: »
    just started this and was looking for friends, is there an up to date list of active players or do I just go through the thread?

I just gave my user name a few posts above and a good few people added me so maybe you could try that?

What MurdyWurdy said.

Put your Origin username up here and we'll add you

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭duffman21

Regular player, Please add

duffland13

• Registered Users Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    I just gave my user name a few posts above and a good few people added me so maybe you could try that?

thanks, my username is skerries

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Nexus

Hi Guys,
    how do ye have so much goo? i only have 2000 odd. I dont have any friends on it which could be the issue. Also i didnt get the first community prize? the lard lad thing. i got the cat zombie. Do i need to actually have bought the original lard lad to get the lard lad?.
    Any one wants to add me my username is gtnexus.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,893 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Nexus wrote: »
    Hi Guys,
    how do ye have so much goo? i only have 2000 odd. I dont have any friends on it which could be the issue. Also i didnt get the first community prize? the lard lad thing. i got the cat zombie. Do i need to actually have bought the original lard lad to get the lard lad?.
    Any one wants to add me my username is gtnexus.

Lard lad should be in your inventory. I didn't have the original lard lad either.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Nexus

There she was in my inventory. Thanks!. i got no notification so i didnt check.

• Advertisement

you'll be hard pressed to get all the goo you need without help.

Advertisement