Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,307 ✭✭✭✭endacl

you'll be hard pressed to get all the goo you need without help.

Durty!!

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

you'll be hard pressed to get all the goo you need without help.

thats not true i just hit 4000 goo last night (ahead of the daily target) and i only have 3 friends on tapped out!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

I got the quest to "reach level 24 and build the general hospital" and "make burns make a donation" but it wont let me build the hospital, I'm high enough level though? Anyone else have this problem? When I press the i button the "start general hospital chain" is unchecked.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭corkie

Ghost Bomb has unlocked!

29088-1.jpg

29096-1.jpg

We get five bombs to start us off! Can't wait till tomorrow to try them out! Oh! A bit of dialogue with them but Maude is safe!

Edit on 16/10/13: - You can now get ghosts bombs from ghosts as well as goo, gremlins and donuts! So no real need to buy any!

And it's another 7,000,000,000 to the next prize at 20,000,000,000!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Got 30 donuts in my mystery box today, second time for me. What would be good for 100 donuts

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

seriously annoyed i can't get Kodos without spending donuts, even more annoyed at the fact she fly's across my screen so regularly! >:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭fatguy

hoodwinked wrote: »
    seriously annoyed i can't get Kodos without spending donuts, even more annoyed at the fact she fly's across my screen so regularly! >:(

That's how they get ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I've visited some other friends towns, but none appear to have any 'house farming' areas.
    So I'm curious as to how they are making money ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

These bombs are a waste of a prize. I'll be shocked if anyone intentionally buys more. Was hoping they'd do the opposite and release more ghosts but guess not. They'll be used less than the Hoover thing.
    SeantheMan wrote: »
    I've visited some other friends towns, but none appear to have any 'house farming' areas.

It only really works on lower levels. Not worth the effort on higher levels as the return isn't enough unless you go for a mega house farm.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

SeantheMan wrote: »
    I don't have house farms and make a fortune just by sending off the characters. There's enough of a lull between major updates that I make a fair amount of cash.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

humanji wrote: »
    I don't have house farms and make a fortune just by sending off the characters. There's enough of a lull between major updates that I make a fair amount of cash.

Ya, I have a 'residential area' in my town you could say, with about 25 houses, but they are spaced out a bit, and as much to get my * rating up as money making. I think the towns with millions of houses and everything on top of each other with 1 tiny bit of road are just pointless. I make probably about 70k a day through tasks and buildings as it is and since I've caught up on the levels a few months back I have plenty of money generally. I have nearly 1.5m at the moment and that's after spending around 400k on land a week ago.

My town certainly isn't as fancy or presentable as some, but if the only logical way to get more money was to have a zillion houses on top of each other i wouldn't really want to play I'd say. That and cheating to get unlimited donuts really defeat the purpose of the game in my view.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,893 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I've only got three and a half stars so in indolence so any houses I have is for that rating and not for farming.

The halloween event has seen the updates slow down a lot so cash is getting easier to save from tasks. I'm just 6k short of 1 million at the moment and I never thought I'd be saying that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

Anyone ever win money betting on the dogs, is there a trick to it our just random?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 st1903

I was able to get up to 3 million without having to farm houses mostly by just playing the game once or twice a day every day, collecting what was available and sending characters off on jobs. Spent most of that on the Sun Sphere a couple of months ago, and was starting to wonder if I'd made a mistake when the next few buildings that came in updates were costing loads but with Halloween I've managed to build up to 1.5 million just by playing as normal. Still only have a 3 star indolence rating so its possible to earn money without the farming.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

have stopped visiting one neighbour as their town completely freezes my game. don't know what's going on but from the brief glances i've seen they definitely a cheat so good riddance.

+1

I won't name the user as they may be legit, but if anyone is having issues with the game freezing when visiting a user with a truck load of numbers in their username, you're not alone. Usually I can tap two houses, tapping the third freezes everything.

On another note, I was on 9999 goo last night and now I can't login all morning, server error everytime.... Ffffffffff!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭corkie

niallon wrote: »
    +1

I won't name the user as they may be legit, but if anyone is having issues with the game freezing when visiting a user with a truck load of numbers in their username, you're not alone. Usually I can tap two houses, tapping the third freezes everything.

I think i had the same user, after the third crash on visiting there town, I just removed them.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 st1903

niallon wrote: »
    +1

I had this guy too, but found I could still access Krustyland without any problems. Anything else though and knocked straight off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Anyone ever win money betting on the dogs, is there a trick to it our just random?

The actual percentage chance of winning is here . I'm not sure if you end up with a bigger win overall by playing the long odds the whole time or by playing the shortest odds and winning small amounts regularly.

Edit: I did some quick calculations and money-wise there's only $1000 difference in cumulative profit between the lowest and highest earners over 100 tries (the 99-1 odds earn a potential profit of $104,000, vs the 5-1 and 9-1 which both earn $103,000).

XP wise, the highest potential earner over 100 tries is the 19-1 odds, netting you 6516XP, while the 99-1 will only get you 5684XP.

Since the 19-1 also potentially earns $103,200 profit, it seems the best bang for your buck.

Provided the percentages given actually work.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Evil_g

Hey folks. Just started this. My username is Amadan82 if anyone wants to add me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

Evil_g wrote: »
    Hey folks. Just started this. My username is Amadan82 if anyone wants to add me.

Added. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

Vojera wrote: »
    The actual percentage chance of winning is here . I'm not sure if you end up with a bigger win overall by playing the long odds the whole time or by playing the shortest odds and winning small amounts regularly.

Edit: I did some quick calculations and money-wise there's only $1000 difference in cumulative profit between the lowest and highest earners over 100 tries (the 99-1 odds earn a potential profit of $104,000, vs the 5-1 and 9-1 which both earn $103,000).

XP wise, the highest potential earner over 100 tries is the 19-1 odds, netting you 6516XP, while the 99-1 will only get you 5684XP.

Since the 19-1 also potentially earns $103,200 profit, it seems the best bang for your buck.

Provided the percentages given actually work.

Cheers for that, I suppose the bookies always win in the end though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Evil_g wrote: »

Added :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

Cheers for that, I suppose the bookies always win in the end though!
    The (Mil)house always win ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

Havent played this in ages...delighted with the Halloween update.just so mad that I am so addicted again!!!

Add me lgoring21

PinkFly wrote: »
    Havent played this in ages...delighted with the Halloween update.just so mad that I am so addicted again!!!

Add me lgoring21

Cant seem to add you, keeps saying "No results were found".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

mrsoundie wrote: »
    Cant seem to add you, keeps saying "No results were found".

I was able to with no problems - well it's pending so I presume no problems!

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    I was able to with no problems - well it's pending so I presume no problems!

Just tried again, Igoring21, must be me or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭cython

mrsoundie wrote: »
    Just tried again, Igoring21, must be me or something.

It is you, after a fashion - that looks like an l rather than I to me, so LGORING21, not IGORING21 (upper case used to highlight the difference :))

cython wrote: »
    It is you, after a fashion - that looks like an l rather than I to me, so LGORING21, not IGORING21 (upper case used to highlight the difference :))

Yes, bang on, that really caught me out, but done now and added as friend.

• Advertisement

Can any of you super players give my town a look? Is there any areas I could improve on? Thinking of increasing my house farm to the detriment of any quests that come up? Is this wise?

Any help or suggestions are welcome.

Thanks in advance. :)

Advertisement