Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

Been playing this for the past while. Add me username is ecooke13

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

humanji wrote: »
    I don't have house farms and make a fortune just by sending off the characters. There's enough of a lull between major updates that I make a fair amount of cash.

I don't know how you are doing this though.
    I'm at level 30...but even if I make 60-70,000 a day with the aid of houses, I still have new buildings that always need to be built. I never have a chance to save.

At the moment I have 3 buildings, each over 60k that need to be built.

I never have savings

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Foggy.nelson

Quick bump of my user name. donnachers

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

SeantheMan wrote: »
    I don't know how you are doing this though.
    I'm at level 30...but even if I make 60-70,000 a day with the aid of houses, I still have new buildings that always need to be built. I never have a chance to save.

At the moment I have 3 buildings, each over 60k that need to be built.

I never have savings

It's very tough to catch up. I was level 35 and was raking it in. Lost my town and am having to grind for every build. I have 9 things in my task book and only three of them are Halloween related. Don't remember it being so tough the first time. If anyone else goes back to the start now, I think they will find it much tougher now due to the amount of stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭pogsick

my username is pogsick, play and visit everyday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

I've seen that you can get those ghost bombs from tapping on ghosts on haunted houses. Also when I used one it picked up a donut for me as well. So if you've got em you may as well use em. Pointless as they are they can save you a few mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,868 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

On the neighbours list, is there any method to the ordering of the towns? They dont seem alphabtical, or by level or by order in which you added them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,632 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

The_B_Man wrote: »
    On the neighbours list, is there any method to the ordering of the towns? They dont seem alphabtical, or by level or by order in which you added them.

Yeah there's no logical sense. It means towns later in your list are less likely to get your gremlins and visits etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,893 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I alternate. I start at the beginning one day and I'll do a good few towns and the next day, I'll start at the end of my friends.

The_B_Man wrote: »

My order seems to change in the middle of my visits so I have to go through it twice most days to make sure I got everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

It takes me nearly 40 minutes to get around all my friends, so I only do it every second day.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭daisy123

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I alternate. I start at the beginning one day and I'll do a good few towns and the next day, I'll start at the end of my friends.

Me too!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Does all the halloween stuff disappear after nov 7th like the ultra house and kang.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭pogsick

mightyreds wrote: »
    Does all the halloween stuff disappear after nov 7th like the ultra house and kang.

No I still have Christmas stuff from last year n Halloween stuff too

• Registered Users Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

corkie wrote: »
    Ghost Bomb has unlocked!

29088-1.jpg

29096-1.jpg

We get five bombs to start us off! Can't wait till tomorrow to try them out! Oh! A bit of dialogue with them but Maude is safe!

Edit on 16/10/13: - You can now get ghosts bombs from ghosts as well as goo, gremlins and donuts! So no real need to buy any!

And it's another 7,000,000,000 to the next prize at 20,000,000,000!

much prefer the Vacuum cleaner :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Skerries wrote: »
    much prefer the Vacuum cleaner :)

Yeah, I only use the bombs if I cant be arsed in even using the vacuum and just want to get it over with :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

I've been given a quest to reach level 11 and build the cooling towers. I was level 10 when I got it but am now level 11 but I can't build it. It's still greyed out with a locked symbol on it. Any ideas why? Really frustrating!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

I have the same problem with the hospital chain, just means you need to keep working through your quests til you unlock the appropriate quest chain

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    I've been given a quest to reach level 11 and build the cooling towers. I was level 10 when I got it but am now level 11 but I can't build it. It's still greyed out with a locked symbol on it. Any ideas why? Really frustrating!

Same craic with the Guilded Truffle for me, plenty other stuff to build as well so I suppose it will open up in time. I hope?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Pandalaura

Add me
    Laura152

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

Really wish I'd paid attention to how many donuts I had before October. I've 117 now and aside from sixty from Golden Scratcher/Mystery Box, I'm pretty sure nearly all the rest came from the Halloween update. Seriously profitable month!

On a side note, anyone else instantly start hearing Shane McGowan and Snead O'Connor in their head when you tap a friends house and "Haunted by the ghosts" pops up? :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,474 ✭✭✭corkie

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    Required Quests:
    1. Schoolhouse Crock Pt. 4 - Build Willie's Shack
    2. Looking for Doves in All the Wrong Places - Plant Tree & Skinner Go Bird Watching
    3. All Eyes on the Clown - Krusty walk Mr. Teeny

Quoted from the EA forum.

Or follow the walkthroughs on TSTOtopiX

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

My available time is not great lately and likely to continue for a while, so I cant log in much, so dont waste your gremlins in my town...odds are I wont get to them within the time limit.

ID is Any-Ire

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

niallon wrote: »
    On a side note, anyone else instantly start hearing Shane McGowan and Snead O'Connor in their head when you tap a friends house and "Haunted by the ghosts" pops up? :-P

NO but I will now!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Thanks all - strange it gives you a task to do if you haven't actually unlocked the quest chain for it yet. I suppose because it is a strongman Homer quest you have to get other ones completed first.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

Anyone wrote: »
    My available time is not great lately and likely to continue for a while, so I cant log in much, so dont waste your gremlins in my town...odds are I wont get to them within the time limit.

ID is Any-Ire
    nice try!

ID is Any-Ire

Full town now :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

nice try!
    gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Full town now :pac:

Well, there's a high chance I wont get to click them which means you lose out on goo. Your choice really....it just seems a waste to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

Well, there's a high chance I wont get to click them which means you lose out on goo. Your choice really....it just seems a waste to me.

Whoever places them gets more goo if they're not clicked on ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Seans_Username

Does anyone know the story with changing your origin ID? I looked it up online and people have said that they have to start from scratch once they change their ID.. I wasn't paying attention when the login details were up and my username is just a shíte bunch of numbers and letters :o

Advertisement