Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

niallon wrote: »
    Whoever places them gets more goo if they're not clicked on ;-)

Yes I know....they get 2 if not clicked, and 4 if clicked.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,893 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Anyone wrote: »
    Yes I know....they get 2 if not clicked, and 4 if clicked.

No, if they are not clicked the person who left them there gets 4. If they are clicked, they get 2. Hence the rush to your town!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Mars Bar wrote: »
    No, if they are not clicked the person who left them there gets 4. If they are clicked, they get 2. Hence the rush to your town!

Ah....ok, well I completely misread it. Lol, ok spam away, odds are I wont get to them anyway over the next week or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

Feel free to add me username wcarey1975. Been playing the last year or so and only just discovered this thread. Thx, W

• Registered Users Posts: 7,868 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

I was building some decorations there in my town. I put in a gazebo for the sake of it. Now some of my characters can do extra jobs. There's a 3h "Attend Mensa meeting" where they go into the gazebo. Is there any other hidden tasks in other decorations, or is that the only one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭CSSE09

Bought five scratchcards today, 6, 12, 12, 20, 100 :D thinking of getting duff man anyone have any other opinions?
    Edit: with the Halloween update and other left over donuts I have ~270ish, have moleman, bumblebee man, frink and doctor nick already.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,868 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

So the missus saw me playing this constantly and decided to set up her own account. Please add her coz she has no friends!

annemariem586

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

The_B_Man wrote: »
    So the missus saw me playing this constantly and decided to set up her own account. Please add her coz she has no friends!

annemariem586

Added :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Add me triseke

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭YumDeiseMum

Really want to redo my town but does anyone know if I put everything into my inventory do you have to wait for them all to rebuild when you take them out again??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Hi,

Could people please add me corkrose.

Thanks I couldn't play for a while so a lot of people deleted me but I am back now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Really want to redo my town but does anyone know if I put everything into my inventory do you have to wait for them all to rebuild when you take them out again??

Nope think you're fine, I've put 30 houses into inventory and reused them weeks later with no waiting time at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Seans_Username

Don't want to risk changing me origin ID. Shíte username though: sean93conw310
    Feel free to add me

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭djskip316i

Feel free to Add me skip_v2_

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Marc mcg

Not playing this too long and was told about this thread. Feel free to add me - mmcgovern0628

• Registered Users Posts: 22,307 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Just a suggestion for new players looking for adds...

I've been stuck into this game for ages and I've loads of friends. I'm sure others are in the same position. I won't be spending extra time adding new players, but I'll certainly accept your requests until I'm maxed out. If I were you I'd actively add people, rather than just pop the origin id up. People won't refuse active players.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,893 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I hope there is an update this week

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I hope there is an update this week

I dont, Im still only in the 20's :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

I just made my first donut purchase: Bumblebee Man! I've been saving up for ages and he's the one character that has been in the back of my mind since the beginning. ¡Ay, ay, ay!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

So I think I'm officially finished this game for now. I've bought the $5,000,000 aspirational item - World's Largest Diamond" which is the very last of the aspirationals for me. It took a lot of time and money earning and I'm playing almost 1 year at this point.

So for the first time since starting to play the game I've stopped sending all my characters on quests. I've purchased all the land and dollar items in the game, the only thing left is Krustyland Land Expansions. I've still a fair bit to make, so I'll be dropping in regularly to collect from Springfield buildings to build up cash and sending all Krustyland characters on tasks to collect tickets. That's my only goal in the game until a new update arrives.

I don't think I've missed one day since starting the game which is impressive, almost 1 year on, and it's still addictive. I'm kinda glad im running out of stuff to do, as it was a huge pain visiting every day and sending every single character on tasks, as well as collecting from all buildings and Krustyland as well as the Halloween ghosts and gremlins. It's a lot to do each time you login.

So for anybody only starting out now you should have everything unlocked and finished by around this time next year :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,474 ✭✭✭corkie

30042-1.jpg

Last plot of land to buy in SF. I have enough money to buy it but I like to keep my cash over a 1,000,000! 8 plots of sea left to buy. 36 plots left to buy in KL.

30041-1.jpg

Once i have all the land and sea plots it will be time to start saving for the aspirational buildings.

We should see the Frog Prince unlock sometime tomorrow!

30046-1.jpg

And what do these two characters get up to while the kids are out trick-or-treating?

30045-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

DubDJ wrote: »
    So I think I'm officially finished this game for now. I've bought the $5,000,000 aspirational item - World's Largest Diamond" which is the very last of the aspirationals for me. It took a lot of time and money earning and I'm playing almost 1 year at this point.

So for the first time since starting to play the game I've stopped sending all my characters on quests. I've purchased all the land and dollar items in the game, the only thing left is Krustyland Land Expansions. I've still a fair bit to make, so I'll be dropping in regularly to collect from Springfield buildings to build up cash and sending all Krustyland characters on tasks to collect tickets. That's my only goal in the game until a new update arrives.

I don't think I've missed one day since starting the game which is impressive, almost 1 year on, and it's still addictive. I'm kinda glad im running out of stuff to do, as it was a huge pain visiting every day and sending every single character on tasks, as well as collecting from all buildings and Krustyland as well as the Halloween ghosts and gremlins. It's a lot to do each time you login.

So for anybody only starting out now you should have everything unlocked and finished by around this time next year :D

I'm in a similar boat myself but not with anywhere near the same cash or items got. I've built every building required for quests, finished Halloween but still contributing to the goo counter. But I just am not bothered sending characters on quests daily as I used to. I'm sending them when the fancy takes me, but only because I'm buying up land with no buildings to save for just now.

I think it's just that after the main Halloween quest is done it's easy to lose the buzz. I only unlocked Patty and Selma during Halloween so I had truck loads to do, now the game is triggering random quests as far as I can see cause I'm just plodding along to the next update.

If that update is Thanksgiving however that should pique my interest again I'm sure.

I think it's OK to take a passive interest in this game immediate after a major quest/update is completed tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,566 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Maybe if you didn't cheat and hack the game it would have held your interest longer. Just saying....

KevIRL wrote: »
    Maybe if you didn't cheat and hack the game it would have held your interest longer. Just saying....

Where does it say he did either? I dont see it, but then again, I'm not up on a high horse.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Where does it say he did either? I dont see it, but then again, I'm not up on a high horse.

He said it previously on this thread. No high horse just a statement of fact.

I used it to get the donut items in the game, and didn't use it for building up cash. And it actually made the game a lot more interesting and enjoyable for me.

So no, your wrong there. Only difference it made was I earned a little more cash than I was before.

Thanks for the input though. /s

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Raedwald

Hey added some people from this thread just there - Lightk1ng :)

I used it to get the donut items in the game, and didn't use it for building up cash. And it actually made the game a lot more interesting and enjoyable for me.

So no, your wrong there. Only difference it made was I earned a little more cash than I was before.

Thanks for the input though. /s

The amount of extra cash earned would be significant with the big increase in cash + XP bonus multiplier from all the premium decorations stolen.

There's also the added interesting in building up XP, goo etc to earn a few free donuts that you miss out on.

Anyway I'm out of this conversation, just felt the need to pull you on your thinly disguised 'I got everything brag'.

Anyway I'm out of this conversation, just felt the need to pull you on your thinly disguised 'I got everything brag'.

Yeah I think i'll add that to my personal profile today - "completed a virtual online game". Honestly, i've been playing the game every day for almost a year, and I post here regularly too. I don't know how you got that I was bragging. I suppose corkie must be a huge bragger too with his/her regular updates (which I enjoy seeing), it was me updating on my progress with the game same as a lot of other players on here do.

• Advertisement

So should we assume you have a list of what everyone has ever said in case you feel the need to talk down to someone?

Advertisement