Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Mod note: Play nice folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,307 ✭✭✭✭endacl

KevIRL wrote: »
    Maybe if you didn't cheat and hack the game it would have held your interest longer. Just saying....
    gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Where does it say he did either? I dont see it, but then again, I'm not up on a high horse.
    DubDJ wrote: »
    I used it to get the donut items in the game, and didn't use it for building up cash. And it actually made the game a lot more interesting and enjoyable for me.

So no, your wrong there. Only difference it made was I earned a little more cash than I was before.

Thanks for the input though. /s
    KevIRL wrote: »
    The amount of extra cash earned would be significant with the big increase in cash + XP bonus multiplier from all the premium decorations stolen.

There's also the added interesting in building up XP, goo etc to earn a few free donuts that you miss out on.

Anyway I'm out of this conversation, just felt the need to pull you on your thinly disguised 'I got everything brag'.
    Yeah I think i'll add that to my personal profile today - "completed a virtual online game". Honestly, i've been playing the game every day for almost a year, and I post here regularly too. I don't know how you got that I was bragging. I suppose corkie must be a huge bragger too with his/her regular updates (which I enjoy seeing), it was me updating on my progress with the game same as a lot of other players on here do.
    So should we assume you have a list of what everyone has ever said in case you feel the need to talk down to someone?
    :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

In other news, we should be getting the next community prize fairly soon. Definitely before morning so it depends on how late you stay up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

Frog prince now available

• Registered Users Posts: 7,474 ✭✭✭corkie

Screenshot_2013-10-22-22-57-32-1.jpg

Plus 10,000,000,000 more to the skyscraper!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

corkie wrote: »
    Screenshot_2013-10-22-22-57-32-1.jpg

Plus 10,000,000,000 more to the skyscraper!

Going by the current goals it's taking 1 week for each 5 billion so it's looking like it'll come very close. Hopefully we get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭djskip316i

Hey folks , I have been playing the game for the last week , im now lvl12 and my next task is to build the cooling towers but they are still locked any idea how to unlock it , nothing else left to build as far as I can see , any ideas anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭djskip316i

djskip316i wrote: »
    Hey folks , I have been playing the game for the last week , im now lvl12 and my next task is to build the cooling towers but they are still locked any idea how to unlock it , nothing else left to build as far as I can see , any ideas anyone

Nevermind figured it out , skinner was part of the next task , and was busy doing another task.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I used it to get the donut items in the game, and didn't use it for building up cash. And it actually made the game a lot more interesting and enjoyable for me.

So no, your wrong there. Only difference it made was I earned a little more cash than I was before.

Thanks for the input though. /s

How do you cheat in The Simpsons ?

I'm all ears and have no qualms about this. Will save me clicking in every few hours :P

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Raedwald

SeantheMan wrote: »
    How do you cheat in The Simpsons ?

I'm all ears and have no qualms about this. Will save me clicking in every few hours :P

I would also second this...have no qualms about cheating at all :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,632 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Think I've discovered a bug

I've 12,797 Goo. However on the 'every 2000 goo you get donuts' thing I've only 560 goo toward my next reward

Don't all original tasks take 10,000 goo and then after that you get donuts for each 2,000? Looks like I'm not getting credit for 237 goo. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,868 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

ye its a known bug.

If ur in a neighbours and u break the 2000 mark, and then continue to more neighbours and end up with say 2237 goo, then when you get back to your Springfield, the bonus thing will pop up, and the counter will reset to zero, thus rendering those extra goo's useless.

This frog prince is another fairly crap prize. The ! over him after unlocking gave false hope that he would do something. Think he'll end up in storage after Halloween, along with the Zombies.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

This frog prince is another fairly crap prize. The ! over him after unlocking gave false hope that he would do something. Think he'll end up in storage after Halloween, along with the Zombies.

This. Prizes are crap. As annoying as the Whacking Day event was, the prizes were miles better. I've already stored the zombie, the cat and the Frog Prince, and Snorky is on thin ice.

EDIT: There's the next level now. Just got prompted to build the noiseland arcade. Jimbo is there, and the Museum of Natural History.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,307 ✭✭✭✭endacl

keano_afc wrote: »
    This. Prizes are crap. As annoying as the Whacking Day event was, the prizes were miles better. I've already stored the zombie, the cat and the Frog Prince, and Snorky is on thin ice.

EDIT: There's the next level now. Just got prompted to build the noiseland arcade. Jimbo is there, and the Museum of Natural History.

Jimbo is 120 donuts, so he might as well not be there...

Disappointing that most of the new content is premium. Abandoned bumper car?? Woo-hoo /sacastic Homer

• Registered Users Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭Wossack

funny bug there - have Homer giving Mr Burns a piggyback (24hr task iirc), but theres also the Count Burns wandering around the town too :pac: Tapping on him, selects and centers on Homer (with Burns still on his back)

Odd!

Oh, who starts off the new quest line?

Away from the game until 4pm

Topix has a post on the the Items available in level 36!

Jimbo 120 donuts + Museum of history 100 donuts.

Noiseland Arcade (with Dolph) $247,500

Bumper Cars $760

We can have another Bumper Car ride in SF, like some people have in KL with the bumper car trash. (including me)

Nelson starts the quest to build the noiseland arcade (but may/not needed to be free) --- from reddit

Away from the game until 4pm

Topix has a post on the the Items available in level 36!

Bumper Cars $760

We can have another Bumper Car ride in SF, like some people have in KL with the bumper car trash. (including me)

Nelson starts the quest to build the noiseland arcade (but may/not needed to be free) --- from reddit

Yeah, eh, hurry back, I guess. :confused:

• Advertisement

Bumper Cars $760

This is exactly why people hack for donuts. The premium items are stupidly expensive. Jimbo has seven parts to his quest and will likely never be used again after.

50/60 donuts is loads for a character.

Is there a particular order that characters have to do their tasks before unlocking tasks at each level?

Currently on level 12 but still waiting to get the cooling towers etc from lvl 11

Raedwald wrote: »
    Is there a particular order that characters have to do their tasks before unlocking tasks at each level?

Currently on level 12 but still waiting to get the cooling towers etc from lvl 11

You have to complete the lower level quests before the higher level quests are prompted.

See the EA forum quest walkthroughs for what is required for example for cooling towers: -
    Required Quests:
    1. Schoolhouse Crock Pt. 4 - Build Willie's Shack
    2. Looking for Doves in All the Wrong Places - Plant Tree & Skinner Go Bird Watching
    3. All Eyes on the Clown - Krusty walk Mr. Teeny

It is often the case that you can have leveled up faster than you complete the quests for the level that unlocks the quests.

You have to complete the lower level quests before the higher level quests are prompted.

See the EA forum quest walkthroughs for what is required for example for cooling towers: -

It is often the case that you can have leveled up faster than you complete the quests for the level that unlocks the quests.

Thanks Corkie, yeah I've done the Krusty and Skinner ones but only building Willie's shack.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭YumDeiseMum

Won 5 donuts in the balloon pop game this morning :D

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭daisy123

Dies anyone else's game crash every time they enter Krustyland? Haven't been able to collect tickets in about 2 weeks now! Luckily I don't have anyone stuck in there! Anyone know a way around this bug?

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭daisy123

niallon wrote: »

On a side note, anyone else instantly start hearing Shane McGowan and Snead O'Connor in their head when you tap a friends house and "Haunted by the ghosts" pops up? :-P

Yes!! Thought I was a bit crazy, glad to know I'm not alone!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭buckfast69

bucks6666 add if you please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

I just started a new job so I haven't had time all week to visit other towns. Sorry! On the up side if you're leaving gremlins in my town then you're getting 4 goos from them, although I wasn't tapping them anyway.

• Advertisement

BBM Tapped-out boards group?

BBM has been launched for android and iphone

And I was wondering if anyone, who is getting the app, would you be interested in a group specially for boards tapped out players?

There is already a tapped-out group formed on topix.

Which I just joined, I only just got accepted by BBM tonight, after about a 24 hour wait, when you first sign up to use it.

If anyone is interested in a group for here, i will set it up and post the bar code for joining, if there is a positive response to this post.

Edit: - I set up the group and here is the barcode for joining it!
    Screenshot_2013-10-25-23-39-37.png

Instruction for using the barcode to join are in the topix link above.

Regards
    John

Advertisement