Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭remoteboy

Just got my 100th donut and wondering what to do. Haven't bought any premium items up to now so lots to choose from. Thinking about one of the 60 donut characters (moleman, bumblebee guy, etc.) and a 40 donut decoration (tire fire, police car, etc. ). Any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

remoteboy wrote: »
    Just got my 100th donut and wondering what to do. Haven't bought any premium items up to now so lots to choose from. Thinking about one of the 60 donut characters (moleman, bumblebee guy, etc.) and a 40 donut decoration (tire fire, police car, etc. ). Any suggestions?

Frink is the best so I'd keep saving for him. Moleman I think you can win, same as SVT.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭remoteboy

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Frink is the best so I'd keep saving for him. Moleman I think you can win, same as SVT.

Yeah. I won SVT a while back but usually I just win hedges or fences. Is Frink really worthwhile the wait? Took me four months to get 100 donuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭steve_r

I don't have Frink, but he seems to be the character most involved in other quests outside of his own? Would people agree?

Kinda want to get Bumblebeeman, I think I'd get more use out of my channel 6 building, what do people think?

Haven't had a Gil sale in a while, might grab a good deal through that.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Yeah Frink gets a lot of other quests to do.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

i was thinking of getting Disco stu, took me a year to get 160 donuts so i want it to be worth it!

is he worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I've not had him for too long, but so far, other than his quest chain, I don't think he's had that much to do. Then again, just seeing him dance is entertainment enough. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

I'm taking the same approach with the donuts as I do with MS Points.... Hold out as long as possible! I'm on about 130 donuts thanks to Halloween, but there's just guaranteed to be A) A new character worth buying more or B) A sale of some measure. Either way I wouldn't be spending on donuts at the minute unless you want to buy the Halloween limited items.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭sparkthatbled

If anyone wants to add me my username is fizzydunlop (because apparently there's something vulgar about fuzzydunlop :confused: )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

up to 90 donuts myself and should hit 100 pretty soon. What to buy is the question as always. I was previously thinking Booberella but am reconsidering that now. Voiced characters are definitely a big pull for me. Although the limited status is also a draw.

For others trying to figure out who to buy I bought

- Otto and the bus first. Bus looks great beside the school and he's got 3 out door activities around the bus. The bus also earns money.
    - Next was Bumbleman who is good but outdoor tasks are only 30 mins and 1 hour long. No building with him.
    - Frink was my latest. He's got one of the best animations in his flying machine but it's only an hour long. Other outdoor task is ok. He of course has the building for extra cash as well.

If I can hold out I'd save for Disco Stu but it's still a long way to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,566 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Disco stu is worth it for the task in his quest where you can send every character in Springfield to party at His disco.

Plus he is such a great character anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 7,474 ✭✭✭corkie

Accidently deleted the BBM group!

I accidentally deleted the BBM group i setup! I set it up again and the new barcode is posted above or in the link in my signature.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭eliza64

RIP Marcia Wallace, the voice of Mrs Krabappel on The Simpsons has died.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

my characters must know every inch of the Kwik-E-Mart by now

Squidport Multiple Tile Glitch!

The glitch is that if your friends tap on squidport tile that is ready for collection, you get a few more tiles (I think three is the max), at least three friend have to tap on the tile for this to work.

Haven't been able to test it my self, my next tile is due tomorrow, so any of my in-game friends please tap on my tile tomorrow!

Anyone get BBM for android yet? Handy guide here for android!

Please Join the Boards Tapped-Out BBM group using this barcode: -

Screenshot_2013-10-25-23-39-37.png

Instructions on how to use the barcode can be found here.

Thanks for the ...

Screenshot_2013-10-27-20-40-25-1.jpg

As you can see from the above hit 40,000 goo on track to get over the 50,000 goo mark before end of the event!

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Irish94

corkie wrote: »
    Squidport Multiple Tile Glitch!

The glitch is that if your friends tap on squidport tile that is ready for collection, you get a few more tiles (I think three is the max), at least three friend have to tap on the tile for this to work.

Haven't been able to test it my self, my next tile is due tomorrow, so any of my in-game friends please tap on my tile tomorrow!

My Squidport tile is ready tomorrow morning, so tap mine too please. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭sundodger5

Yeah i set it up and joined the boards group and the tsto one. Kinda quiet so far but i can see it being useful later.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,307 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Irish94 wrote: »
    My Squidport tile is ready tomorrow morning, so tap mine too please. :)

I'll tap yours if you tap... etc...

I just spent 2 donuts to speed up my tile and haven't collected it!

So any of my friends visiting please tap on my Squidport tile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭sundodger5

Going to try now.

And......no tile visible

sundodger5 wrote: »
    Going to try now.

And......no tile visible

Thanks for trying, I hope speeding up the tile hasn't effected it showing for visitors. It should be available around 11. I will leave it alone for 24 hours and hope others get the option to tap!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

Only seeing these posts about the tile now. I hadn't been on all day, and had a tile ready this morning. Just logged in there, and when I clicked on my tile, I got two. So thanks anyone who had clicked on it for me. I will be back on later and will click other people's tiles then.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,632 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Anyone still having problems accessing the game on your iphone over UPC Internet? Mine hasn't worked at home for weeks now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

faceman wrote: »
    Anyone still having problems accessing the game on your iphone over UPC Internet? Mine hasn't worked at home for weeks now

No problems with mine on UPC but I'm on Android...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭7ofBrian

Thanks Corkie... Just got 2 tiles. Cheers for Tapping :)

7ofBrian wrote: »
    Thanks Corkie... Just got 2 tiles. Cheers for Tapping :)

Your welcome! I still have only one handshake over mine, so waiting until tomorrow, to collect and hopefully get a few tiles.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

I have a boardwalk tile appearing in 15hrs ish. Chelleoo :)

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Irish94

Your welcome! I still have only one handshake over mine, so waiting until tomorrow, to collect and hopefully get a few tiles.

Tapped it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

I only had one handshake appearing also. However, when I tapped it, another appeared.

Advertisement