Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭sundodger5

corkie wrote: »
    Thanks for trying, I hope speeding up the tile hasn't effected it showing for visitors. It should be available around 11. I will leave it alone for 24 hours and hope others get the option to tap!

In the words of Homer Doooh. Just thought sure I had completed my tapping in your town. Will have another go in around 11 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭YumDeiseMum

Just clicked your tile there Corkie :)

Have a tile ready myself in 12 hours for anyone that can help.

On another note, reached 16,000 goo yesterday and didnt get any pop up to win donuts :confused: anyone else have this error

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

On another note, reached 16,000 goo yesterday and didnt get any pop up to win donuts :confused: anyone else have this error

Happened to me too yesterday, the goo counter reverted back to 0 of 2000 but I didn't get donuts..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,365 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

i just got 30 doughnuts in a mystery box :D:D nice..just got the raygun also..150 doughnuts around halloween. uff brewery i have to get next., and will join BBM group.

weird one, my total goo is 11,450. But the 0/2000 goo counter says 1,358...anyone else these dont match for?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

I paid 6 donuts and got a tree in my Mystery Box

Sad face :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,474 ✭✭✭corkie

cee_jay wrote: »
    I only had one handshake appearing also. However, when I tapped it, another appeared.

i just got 30 doughnuts in a mystery box :D:D nice..just got the raygun also..150 doughnuts around halloween. uff brewery i have to get next., and will join BBM group.

weird one, my total goo is 11,450. But the 0/2000 goo counter says 1,358...anyone else these dont match for?

The bonus counter and your total goo count don't match, as the bonus counter gets reset when you visit your own town to collect on the bonus. So if you over collect it doesn't get added to the next bonus. See here!

I now have 3 handshakes over my Squidport Entrance, I'm been greedy and waiting for one more. Thank you to the people who tapped on the tile!

Please Join the Boards BBM group by using the barcode link in my signature, instructions for using the barcode can be found here.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

rawn wrote: »
    I paid 6 donuts and got a tree in my Mystery Box

Sad face :(

The Buddah's are just as bad. 15 donuts for a bench. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,365 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

yeh well after getting my 3rd bench with jacket resting on it I gave up on buddhas...this was my first win of anything decent on a mystery box. I did win 100donuts on a scratchcard a month ago also. Which was nice

• Registered Users Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭Wossack

if the login reward mystery box is the same as the bought mystery box, its a complete scam. Started taking screen caps of the rewards from them, only 6 so far, but - 3 (3!!) newspaper dispensers, bench with blue jacket on it, tree, and 250 dollars...

Wossack wrote: »
    if the login reward mystery box is the same as the bought mystery box, its a complete scam.

Exact same.

The reason they are so bad is they havent been updated probably ever. A tonne of stuff has been added since and we still only get the basics as prizes. $250 is nothing once you get past about level 8.

Personally, I dont see why they wouldnt add all the premium items but with a really low chance of winning. Something like 0.5%. Wouldnt really affect the sale of donuts and would probably increase the smaller purchases as people would want the mystery boxes for the incredibly small chance. Do the same for Buddah but with a higher win % due to costing more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭Wossack

I'd say thats it alright - theres a prize list on one of the wiki sites, and for the buddhas at least its laughable how few things of worth are on it. Wasted a good few precious donuts on them in the past :(

Collected four Squidport tiles!

Screenshot_2013-10-29-15-11-52-1.jpg

I should have probably let it alone to see how many I could have got!

Now building my 81st tile, hope it still working when its time to collect again!

Please Join the Boards BBM group by using the barcode link in my signature, instructions for using the barcode can be found here.

It's odd knowingly leaving the tile. I'll leave it until tonight, but after that I'm going back to normal. Just doesnt feel right to leave it sitting all day :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

Boardwalk tile up in my town if anyone wants to click it :)

Chelleoo

• Registered Users Posts: 31,893 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

There'll be a tile in my town in 45 mins if any night owl wants to tap on it. :)

Username: MaryDrummer

Was in your town and tapped on your tile! Leave it alone until you get allot of handshakes over it! Reports of over 9 handshakes on other forums.

GOO Bonus!

There is now a new dialogue window, popping up before the donuts option. Make sure to click on see prizes, to get your option for donuts.

Also if you are in your friends town when either bonus is reached a sound plays to notify you.

BBM Boards Tapped Out Group barcode

Screenshot_2013-10-25-23-39-37.png

Get the BBM app for Android or iOS!

Please Join the Boards BBM group by using the above barcode or link in my signature, instructions for using the barcode can be found here.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,893 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Do you get one boardwalk tile for each handshake?

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭YumDeiseMum

corkie wrote: »
    Was in your town and tapped on your tile! Leave it alone until you get allot of handshakes over it! Reports of over 9 handshakes on other forums.

Made a mess of it trying to catch a pesky gremlin and tapped squid port by mistake lol Thanks for trying anyway, have another tile building so hopefully tomorrow night I won't mess up.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I can has tile taps please? domhever, tile ready now. Ta.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭7ofBrian

What is the boards BBM group and what is the point?

• Advertisement

7ofBrian wrote: »
    What is the boards BBM group and what is the point?

It's just another way to communicate using Blackberry Messenger. It will be up to the people who join what they want to share or how they use it.

Early days yet with only a few members. There is also a Topix group, tapped-out.co.uk group and also one available on reddit.

As it's only newly available for Android and iOS user, i thought having a group for members here would be helpful.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Does Tapped Out crash an awful lot for anyone else lately? In the last week or so it has crashed several times a day it seems and is bloody annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

5starpool wrote: »
    Does Tapped Out crash an awful lot for anyone else lately? In the last week or so it has crashed several times a day it seems and is bloody annoying.

yup, for a good long while.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

5starpool wrote: »

Only when I try to visit Krustyland. Pain in the ass, first world problem I know

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

It has to be one of the most poorly written and optimised pieces of software I've used in a very long time. On a top end device like my HTC One I get constant crashes and horrific lag when visiting any of the lvl 36 towns. It's really unforgivable tbh, these software devs need to be given time to clean their code and streamline it rather than having to rush out novelty updates.

Shiminay wrote: »
    It has to be one of the most poorly written and optimised pieces of software I've used in a very long time. On a top end device like my HTC One I get constant crashes and horrific lag when visiting any of the lvl 36 towns. It's really unforgivable tbh, these software devs need to be given time to clean their code and streamline it rather than having to rush out novelty updates.

I hoping they dont do any more level updates for a while and spend the next couple of updates sorting it out. A lot of people cant even visit Krustyland.

Mystery boxes need updating, Ralph needs a 4 hour task, a lot of the characters are hardly used etc. A lot of stuff needs to be fixed more urgently than releasing new characters. Think we have all the main characters now so why rush the secondary ones?

Just did my friends visits and kept forgetting the squid port tiles. From the ones I remembered I think I did three. You seem to get the same amount of XP as collecting that tile in your own town would generate. Handy if you are on a lower level or the other person is on a very high tile number. Well worth sacrificing one goo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

Yeah same here with the constant crashes.
    One persons town freezes the game constantly, a lvl 36 person who has everything.
    Yeah this game needs fixing, give it a few weeks of fixing then do something around Christmas.

But obviously thanksgiving will have its own theme.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

You can be sure the Devs have been working on the Thanksgiving and Christmas stuff since the summer. They're probably already working on next year's highlights.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,889 ✭✭✭Soarer

I've no idea what any of ye are talking about, but I want to join in!

Advertisement