Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Irish94

corkie wrote: »
    I have both, but they are really not worth it! I tap both occasionally for there animations. You could visit a friend's town that has them to see what they do!

See Should I buy returning characters on TopiX.

Marge the witch or Devil Flanders are better buys if you can afford them.

Cheers. I also might buy Springfield Cemetery or The Heck House. Dunno which tho!

I'm going visiting towns in an hour, so if anyone wants there tile tapped let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Irish94 wrote: »
    Cheers. I also might buy Springfield Cemetery or The Heck House. Dunno which tho!

I'm going visiting towns in an hour, so if anyone wants there tile tapped let me know.

Heck House is just a skin. Wouldn't bother with that.

Burns Monster and the Raven are the same as the zombies and snorkie. They do pretty much nothing.

Booberella, Devil Flanders or Witch Marge are probably the best from the Halloween items.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,307 ✭✭✭✭endacl

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Booberella, Devil Flanders or Witch Marge are probably the best from the Halloween items.
    pexyn.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 31,893 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I should have a tile in my town now or soon. Username: MaryDrummer

• Registered Users Posts: 7,474 ✭✭✭corkie

My Squidport

PhotoPainter_20131103235756.jpg

Was on 25 tiles collected when, I finished playing last night.

Picture was made using a combination of Resize Me and PhotoPainter apps on android.

Regards
    John

• Advertisement

corkie wrote: »
    My Squidport

PhotoPainter_20131103235756.jpg

Was on 25 tiles collected when, I finished playing last night.

Picture was made using a combination of Resize Me and PhotoPainter apps on android.

Regards
    John

Probably a silly question, but do you mean 25 tiles alone from the tile glitch?

Probably a silly question, but do you mean 25 tiles alone from the tile glitch?

Yes I mean now 26 tiles collected from the tile glitch. Once you keep one handshake over your Squidport Entrance people can still tap it.

That tile has been available since late last Thursday night. So I have repeat taps from some visitors over that time.

This is the second tile, i have left available, I collect all the 4 handshakes(/tiles) on my previous tile.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I accidently collected my last one earlier :mad:

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I accidently collected my last one earlier :mad:

Me too...

D'oh!

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

OK, a couple of quick questions:

1. How can you tell how many SP tiles in general you have? I stopped building them for weeks but started again recently. I think I have around 3 made since it went to 2.5 days build time. I can't see anything that tells me how many tiles I have though. Is it just a manual count (length by breadth type thing) or is there somewhere clever that tells you?
    2. does anyone know if Tapped Out works on Android 4.4 yet or will it need an update?

• Advertisement

5starpool wrote: »
    OK, a couple of quick questions:

1. How can you tell how many SP tiles in general you have? I stopped building them for weeks but started again recently. I think I have around 3 made since it went to 2.5 days build time. I can't see anything that tells me how many tiles I have though. Is it just a manual count (length by breadth type thing) or is there somewhere clever that tells you?
    2. does anyone know if Tapped Out works on Android 4.4 yet or will it need an update?

1. You have to manually count them! Or store everything and the tiles and that will tell you.

I currently have 107 tiles. But I kept a note of how many I had as i built them.

2. As Android 4.4 is not widely available yet (unless it was released today) there is no way of knowing.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

most likely will work with 4.4. if iOS is anything to go by, tapped out worked fine on the jump from iOS 6 to iOS 7 (which looks to be a bigger jump than 4.3 -> 4.4).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

I got 30 donuts in the mystery box today! Think its the first decent prize I've ever gotten from it. That's 100 donuts I've won in the game since the start of the Halloween event :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

and I got 500 cash in my mystery box, not fair, I want some free donuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,893 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I just got 30 donuts! :D That brings me up to 127. Wonder should I wait it out and see what they have for Christmas or get Frink when I have enough donuts?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭sundodger5

Have an SP tile ready, if anyone is due a visit to my town please give it a tap.
    Thanks

This is what my friends see on my landing zone.

Screenshot_2013-11-01-15-02-21-1.jpg

Although some people must be still chasing goo, because they ignore it. Or else there unaware of the glitch.

See TopiX post about the Multiple Tile Glitch!

I am now up to 39 Tiles collected from this glitch. And 36 donuts from ghosts etc!

Regards,
    John

• Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭remoteboy

Just reading about the glitch now. I have a tile ready to go if anyone feels like tapping. Will visit some friends now to see if I can return the favour.

remoteboy wrote: »
    Just reading about the glitch now. I have a tile ready to go if anyone feels like tapping. Will visit some friends now to see if I can return the favour.

Thanks for the tap on my tile, I will return the favor tomorrow, my nexus 7 battery just died, plus I already used up my taps in your town earlier.

I accidentally tapped my last handshake. Got 42 tiles in this run at it. Have to wait 3 days and 12 hours to my next tile. Glitch hopefully won't be fixed by then. Now have 122 tiles! Currently building 123 I think!

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/the-simpsons-tapped-out-revenue-passes-100-million/1100-6415843/

I see EA are raking in the big bucks from this one! I don't begrudge them a cent, but seriously wish they would spend a little of that bounty on paying a few clever developers to put together a bit of an aul' patch TO STOP THE POXY GAME CRASHING ALL THE POXY TIME!!!

It's not a lot to ask. To get past the sign-in screen after having inexplicably been signed out. T'would be a grand little game if it worked... I'm giving it one more day. After that EA can take those donuts and shove them somewhere unpleasant.

+++ rant ends +++

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

endacl wrote: »
    http://www.gamespot.com/articles/the-simpsons-tapped-out-revenue-passes-100-million/1100-6415843/

I see EA are raking in the big bucks from this one! I don't begrudge them a cent, but seriously wish they would spend a little of that bounty on paying a few clever developers to put together a bit of an aul' patch TO STOP THE POXY GAME CRASHING ALL THE POXY TIME!!!

It's not a lot to ask. To get past the sign-in screen after having inexplicably been signed out. T'would be a grand little game if it worked... I'm giving it one more day. After that EA can take those donuts and shove them somewhere unpleasant.

+++ rant ends +++

if they gave 5 donuts everytime it crashed they'd soon fix it, everybody would be buying all the premium items out of free donuts!

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭YumDeiseMum

I have a tile ready now if anyone would like to tap it :-)

Id : DeiseMum

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

Tile up in my town if anyone wants to click? Will be visiting towns later today do lemme know if u want yours clicked

Chelleoo

My tile is ready at 4 o'clock.

Name - lildave09994

I will be visiting towns tonight, so I will tap any tiles then.

My tile is ready at 4 o'clock.

Name - lildave09994

I will be visiting towns tonight, so I will tap any tiles then.

Tried to add you but it keeps failing

Chelleoo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭remoteboy

rawn wrote: »
    Tile up in my town if anyone wants to click? Will be visiting towns later today do lemme know if u want yours clicked

Chelleoo

Clicked you. Click me back if you can - remoteboy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

I don't have a squidport yet but I've been clicking on people's tiles where I can. Even though I have no idea what they do!

You good get good xp from clicking on it anyway :)

I just added some of the above posters so I'll click on your tiles too if you want. My user name is MurdyWurdy if anyway that hasn't added me already wants to add me

Advertisement