Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

150 donuts to unlock Louanne. The premium items are a rip off.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭TFK

Just spent the guts of an hour visiting towns, all tiles tapped and I kept the other taps for later.

Corkie I tapped your tile twice today only about 30 mins in between.

I noticed you don't get the same amount of xp every time. I got between 550 and 900 though which is great!

I might jump on the bandwagon myself before they fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

keano_afc wrote: »
    150 donuts to unlock Louanne. The premium items are a rip off.

And she will only be used the once too.

No character should cost more than 50.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

TFK wrote: »
    I might jump on the bandwagon myself before they fix it.

They just did an update. Surely they would have fixed it then? They probably dont care since Squidport seemed like a one and done.

I have 105 donuts at the moment, don't know what to buy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,474 ✭✭✭corkie

Thanks for the taps. Unfortunately you get one handshake per daily visit unless the person was on to collect the taps in between them.

When I was last in the game (about an hour go), i had two handshakes. I leaving two handshakes on it, this time around so I don't accidentally tap the last one.

Will be back in my town in 15mins to see if your handshake registered.

corkie wrote: »
    Thanks for the taps. Unfortunately you get one handshake per daily visit unless the person was on to collect the taps in between them.

When I was last in the game (about an hour go), i had two handshakes. I leaving two handshakes on it, this time around so I don't accidentally tap the last one.

Will be back in my town in 15mins to see if your handshake registered.

Ah I assumed that because the tile was visible to me again it was ok to tap again. I don't always see the tiles even when people post here to say they are ready.

Your first Tap is probably one of the handshakes, i haven't collected from.
    fta93 wrote: »
    Have another tile to tap too (ethoha)

Thanks for tapping my tile, I will return the favor after 8 tonight when my friends towns come out of timelock.

Ah I assumed that because the tile was visible to me again it was ok to tap again. I don't always see the tiles even when people post here to say they are ready.

Just got a tile from you thanks. Was that your third tap on my town today?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭remoteboy

Clicked you there. How many SP tiles have you left to get now?

• Advertisement

remoteboy wrote: »
    Clicked you there. How many SP tiles have you left to get now?

Counting yours if it registered, and 2 uncollected handshakes, i should have approx 130 tiles now. So need 21 more to get to 151. Which was the old max before they added 2 sea plots before Halloween.

SP Handshakes are now giving me over 1,500 xp as well.

I will be visiting towns again from 8:20 when they start coming out of timelock!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭remoteboy

Counting yours if it registered, and 2 uncollected handshakes, i should have approx 130 tiles now. So need 21 more to get to 151. Which was the old max before they added 2 sea plots before Halloween.

SP Handshakes are now giving me over 1,500 xp as well.

I will be visiting towns again from 8:20 when they start coming out of timelock!

Well done. That's quite the haul. Reckon I have between 30 and 40. Haven't got around to counting. The SP glitch is great. Must have gotten a dozen free tiles in the past few days.

remoteboy wrote: »
    Well done. That's quite the haul. Reckon I have between 30 and 40. Haven't got around to counting. The SP glitch is great. Must have gotten a dozen free tiles in the past few days.

Strange I didn't see a handshake from you, but got one from someone else. I am hoping that there isn't a limit of 3 handshakes now. Has anyone recently seen more than 3 handshakes.

I collect 42 tiles on my last available tile. Now on 5 tiles (and 2 uncollected handshakes)

Yeah I got you 3 times today.

Actually anyone with tiles I did 3 times.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

how does the tile thing work as I started during the Halloween event and I have tapped about 6 tiles today?

Skerries wrote: »
    how does the tile thing work as I started during the Halloween event and I have tapped about 6 tiles today?

See the first link in my signature!

I have just passed through my friends list of people out of timelock and hit anyone that had a tile available.

Currently up to 10 tiles collect (and one handshake because I believe I can only have a max of 3 -- may depend on how many tiles you have.)

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭djskip316i

I have A Tile up in my town aswell , thanks to all who have tapped mine so far , will be going through all friends towns in the next hour will tap all tiles if available .

origin id = skip_v2

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Irishgirl12345

Jayjayeire if anyone wants to tap my tile ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭YumDeiseMum

Just finished my first trip, tapped any tiles that were ready, will go back around lunch time and tap them all again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Evil_g

I've added the last few users who've requested tile taps.

I'm only getting started on my boardwalk so if anyone wants to help me out they can add me - amadan82. I'll return the favour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

Just been around my friends and it takes an hour! Not the tapping I though I would be doing.

Just finished my first trip, tapped any tiles that were ready, will go back around lunch time and tap them all again :)

Thanks for your earlier tap on my tile. I'm on a max of two handshakes!

I have used up my third tile tap from yesterday on a good few friends here. More in 6/7 hours when your towns come out of timelock.

For anyone who has maxed out on tiles, it possible to earn extra cash and money from the Open Air stage like the tile. See EA forum post.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Irish94

Just been around towns tapping tiles. It takes ages. Will do it again around 6 or 7 o'clock.

My tile is ready.

ID - lildave09994

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

I'm having awful difficulty trying to open this game since the update. I just get the spinning donut screen and then prompted to retry (in what's seemingly an infinite loop). If I try stopping the app, and re opening, on the third time I might be lucky and will get to the login screen. However it never remembers my login and I have to enter them manually. I may then get a message to check my network settings as origin network can't be reached.
    When I do get it eventually, when visiting friends towns, more often than not i get the cannot connect to origin retry screen after a while. It's very frustrating!

Thanks for the taps today, got two tiles from you today.
    Irish94 wrote: »
    Just been around towns tapping tiles. It takes ages. Will do it again around 6 or 7 o'clock.

My tile is ready.

ID - lildave09994

Thanks for the Tap on my tile. I also returned the favor! Hope you got a tile from me.

I gone through all my friends again and found more people with Tiles that didn't have them last night.

I'm up to 20 tiles collected so far this time around! (approx 143 in total).

Accidentally tapping your last tile!

If your quick enough after you tapped your last handshake!

Quickly close the app (without exiting through the game).

Then load the game on another device, hopefully the game won't have saved the tap. And you will be prompted by the game that your other device hasn't saved your progress. Proceed into the game anyway.

If you don't have another device, you could clear the app's data and download the updates again.

Or use bluestacks on a PC.

The number of handshakes you can have at anyone time maybe limited by the number of tiles you have. If you can get more than 2 handshakes, consider leaving both so you don't accidentally tap the last one.

The above worked for me today, when I accidentally hit the last handshake.

TheAdiposeTV will be doing another Live show, on Tapped-out, on twitch tonight at 9pm (gmt) <<< Click this url at 9pm to watch.

Last week's city design of the Springfield downs can be found here.

Regards
    John

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Irish94

Thanks for the Tap on my tile. I also returned the favor! Hope you got a tile from me.

Regards
    John

No worries, got ya back their again. Will go through towns again tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭YumDeiseMum

Thanks for the taps today, got two tiles from you today.

Thanks for the Tap on my tile. I also returned the favor! Hope you got a tile from me

Regards
    John

Got it tanks, there should be a 3rd one there for you now

Got it tanks, there should be a 3rd one there for you now

Got it! Thank you. I will be starting my rounds again at 10 after the TheAdiposeTV stream as mentioned above.

I have currently collected 28 tiles. And have reached approx 151 tiles in total! Anymore now will be what ever extra i can get.

I have an 8 Ball and crop that can be tapped as well at the moment!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

cee_jay wrote: »
    I'm having awful difficulty trying to open this game since the update. I just get the spinning donut screen and then prompted to retry (in what's seemingly an infinite loop). If I try stopping the app, and re opening, on the third time I might be lucky and will get to the login screen. However it never remembers my login and I have to enter them manually. I may then get a message to check my network settings as origin network can't be reached.
    When I do get it eventually, when visiting friends towns, more often than not i get the cannot connect to origin retry screen after a while. It's very frustrating!

I had the same during the Halloween update while connected to wifi via UPC. However it seems to be fixed now for me since the update.

• Advertisement

Screenshot_2013-11-09-22-33-12-1.jpg

Please tap the above buildings along with a tap on the squidport tile.
    See EA forum about these buildings.

I am on 31 tiles collected so far. Which means i have approx 154 tiles now!

I know it's late but I just about to do a run through of my friends with tiles to tap!

Advertisement