Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

that's what i did. bought all the land and just had a clear field.

starting from scratch I have the bare bones of where Im kind of dumping everything, now im just padding out the details.

Its a pain cos the actual interface isn't very helpful when adding and moving a load of objects. Took 45 minutes last night to put a small fence around a mansion.

Gonna take ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

Its a pain cos the actual interface isn't very helpful when adding and moving a load of objects. Took 45 minutes last night to put a small fence around a mansion.

Gonna take ages.

At one stage last night, it started kicking me out and "synchronising" every 5 minutes or so :mad:
    When you have a lot of land, it can be painful to move things, sometimes I find it is better to store them and then place them again from storage.

cee_jay wrote: »
    At one stage last night, it started kicking me out and "synchronising" every 5 minutes or so :mad:
    When you have a lot of land, it can be painful to move things, sometimes I find it is better to store them and then place them again from storage.

thats how I would move building and objects.

The real nightmare is placing new items like fences.

Each one you place needs to be lined up. then it erupts in a lump of xp wich you need to exit out of the build page to clear. Then go back into the build page to select the same fence again, turn it and move it back into position.

You can place a few fences or trees at once, but soon your screen is filled with xp icons that dont clear, preventing you from putting more objects down.

and you can't just go into the build interface and buy a load of fences and leave them in storage, you need to place each one in a different location, then pick them all up and put them in storage.

fences and similar should place like paths and road since you may need miles of fences/hedges for larger towns.

And dont get me started on paths not lining up and being too bloody wide. or houses only facing 2 directions. Or only straight roads, no curves.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

or houses only facing 2 directions.

It's annoying, but it means they only have to do the one animation. It's just inverted for the rotation.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

...Or only straight roads, no curves.

it's set in america, they don't know a curved road if it hit them in the face! :pac:

• Advertisement

it's set in america, they don't know a curved road if it hit them in the face! :pac:

indeed, frustrating that there are curved roads in the title sequence. So my efforts to faithfully reproduce the Simpson's route home are constantly thwarted.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

I also have a SP tile ready to be tapped I see some of you have already tapped it for me, please add me to the list of active players : Navan-garyf

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

2 day Channel 6 task will be finished in my town in 53 mins if anyone wants yo tap it I think it gives out a lot of xp?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

I finally got the damn turkey after a few days! Is that the end of the thanksgiving quests? Or will there be more before the Christmas update?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

It's weird that so many people do the same type of things when reorganising towns. I done a similar thing myself, I placed a few buildings as I was starting but never out too much effort into my town with details etc. It was only after months that I had all the land and then I put everything into storage and planned my town the way I wanted it.

When new buildings come along I usually place them all in a corner to build, then try fit them in the best spot.

My Krustyland and Squidport are just buildings but no designs, I won't put any details in until all the land and tiles are bought. I think that's the best way to do it.

• Advertisement

I had just finished redoing my town when it crapped out on me.

Dont have enough land yet to do it again. Everything is literally thrown together with minimal wasted space. I'm focused on buying up land for the next while. Krustyland is slowly ticking along too. The Viking Boat ride is currently building. I wont have enough room for the Tooth Chipper so it'll be a while before I finish due to needing to save up so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Irish94

My 'Actual Corn' is ready to be tapped.

ID - lildave09994

Will be interesting to see how much XP it gives out for people who tap it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Irish94 wrote: »
    My 'Actual Corn' is ready to be tapped.

ID - lildave09994

Will be interesting to see how much XP it gives out for people who tap it.

Just got 2XP and $16......majorly disappointed!

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Wellyd wrote: »
    Just got 2XP and $16......majorly disappointed!

That's all you'll get anyhow, but the corn owner should get loads of XP. If I hadn't already visited I'd give it another tap. The only thing the tapper gets more than 2 XP for tapping is a tile.

The XP is for the person who owns the corn. They (should) get the same payout for every handshake.

Any word on how much XP you get for a handshake over the corn then?

5starpool wrote: »
    Any word on how much XP you get for a handshake over the corn then?

I only have one handshake on it, don't want to tap it yet in case I tap the corn.

I only have one handshake on it, don't want to tap it yet in case I tap the corn.

Ya, tapping a single handshake makes you go back to square one, so don't be doing that!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,893 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Thanks to everyone who has been tapping the tile in my town. I've been mad busy over the past week so hoping to repay the favour some time soon!

Will someone please tap my corn?

Just tapped the second handshake (Thank you Corkie) and I think I got 15000XP and maybe $30,000. It could be more or it could be less, I need to double check!

ID - lildave09994

Thank you!

• Advertisement

Just tapped the second handshake (Thank you Corkie) and I think I got 15000XP and maybe $30,000. It could be more or it could be less, I need to double check!

ID - lildave09994

Thank you!

Tapped :)

rawn wrote: »
    Tapped :)

Thank you. :)

I got 10,121 XP and $50,603. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭7ofBrian

Jaysus Loads of free dogsnutz for ya soon :)
    sent ya a request there for some taps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,474 ✭✭✭corkie

ID - lildave09994

Thank you!

Your welcome, I think I have another TAP available in your town. Will visit again tomorrow. Where do you want it on the tile or the corn. Can't visit tonight my nexus 7 battery died.

I reached my bonus at 580,000+XP, by buying 9 weather stations, so i could get it tonight. Took 3 taps to get the donuts.

As the next bonus is at 690,000+XP and I doubt i will get before the next update, I have reset my buildings. I will still visit and tap tiles (or buildings) for those that have them.

Thanks for the taps on my buildings.

Screenshot_2013-11-26-22-33-11.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

ID - lildave09994

Thank you!

I just did, went into your town specially because I remembered you had corn and then saw you posted this - great minds etc :)

My tile is up again so ready to tap. Thanks to those who have already!

7ofBrian wrote: »
    Jaysus Loads of free dogsnutz for ya soon :)
    sent ya a request there for some taps :)

I think I am already friends with you. :)
    corkie wrote: »
    Your welcome, I think I have another TAP available in your town. Will visit again tomorrow. Where do you want it on the tile or the corn. Can't visit tonight my nexus 7 battery died.

Thank you Corkie, tap my corn please. :)
    MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    I just did, went into your town specially because I remembered you had corn and then saw you posted this - great minds etc :)

Haha thank you.:D

Apologies for not visiting any of my friends towns, I won't be able too until after Friday next week.

2day channel 6 task ready in my town :)

I got a forced update earlier. Not really sure what it changed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

I have my first tile floating in my towns , very disorganized towns, squid port. irldeano662 is my username :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

Just noticed my sea captain is in the church praying and is also out on the street telling a tall tale. spooky! free donuts on the go for Thanksgiving today too

Advertisement