Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭YumDeiseMum

So I've just finished visiting everyone on my friends list, have nearly 3000 of the red tickets, but can anyone tell me how do we get presents to drop in other towns?... I'm stumped

Feel free to add me DeiseMum :)

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭CSSE09

Only place I found to get gift drops is from your own towns gifts. Doesn't look like this event will be based around gift drops thankfully, I'm still recovering from the eggs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,475 ✭✭✭corkie

So I've just finished visiting everyone on my friends list, have nearly 3000 of the red tickets, but can anyone tell me how do we get presents to drop in other towns?... I'm stumped

Feel free to add me DeiseMum :)

You click on the icon on the top right of your screen! You can only do it in towns that are xmas active. And you also need to have gifts to drop.

Sorry I have not been visiting friends tonight.

edit: Just start visiting and flying through friends. I have no gifts to drop but can revisit people tomorrow when I do.

I just got the update for android 4.4.2 and it won't update (stupid debuggered file again). So had fix things on my nexus 7 to force the update.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

It's much quicker now to go around all the towns as well, pretty much cut that time needed in half which is good. I have around 75 friends I reckon, and about 2100 or so collected at this point. I'd imagine the last prize will need around 25000 at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

I'm on just under 2000 gift cards with some friends towns to become active in the morning so hopefully it won't be too hard to get the rest :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

LOVE the new character find function, saves so much time! I don't even mind that we lost handshakes/tiles in the update, cos finding and tapping so many characters was so tedious and off putting :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Great, a reason to start playing the game again. pkeaneirl502 if anyone wants to add me.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Love the new permanent features with the update - the character finder & ease of moving between neighbours. Makes things much easier for an event like this!

(If anyone wants to add me btw, my user is RetroRonnie908)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

A few people added me there (snugglor) but I haven't space to accept right now. In a day or two I'll clear anyone who hasn't started collecting tickets and there'll be space then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,475 ✭✭✭corkie

Got the Springfield mall!

I got around to visiting the majority of my friends, still a few left!

My wifi on my tablet was acting up and running out of power, so could not visit everyone tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭steve_r

Glad the update game through.

The new features are nice and definitely make the event more practical.

Saving up tickets for another holiday tree to go with the one I got last year!

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭YumDeiseMum

Anyone else having problems accepting new friends, on iOS, have 4 requests since last night and keeps telling me Oops there was a problem and won't let me add them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

thats a great new feature! And if you are setting everyone up for a 12 hr task for instance it defaults to teh 12 hr task for everyone you click on! Saves so much time! :)

Anyone else having problems accepting new friends, on iOS, have 4 requests since last night and keeps telling me Oops there was a problem and won't let me add them

I've no problems accepting friends but I did get that oops message when I tried to add people myself, just once or twice and then it was ok

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

2 new features are great
    Love the Christmas theme

Any idea what the deal is with the truck though?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Right, the scrolling through towns feature is bloody brilliant. I can get in to a town, tap my 3 buildings, collect cash and XP and be out in 6 seconds. Love it.

All they need to do now is have a way of sending every character on tasks that take the same amount of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Dunnie1982

Anyone else having the game crash on Galaxy tab 2 since Xmas update? It's crashed 3 times on me today, this has never happened before.

Username: Dunnie1982 if anyone wants to add me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

yeah I need peoples to add me on this too place on level 18 have no friends at the moment play it every day :D origin name is Ragen09

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Mudlan

Lost a few tiles in the update but not too pushed....loving the new scrolling through the friends buttons.Makes it a lot more user friendly!

Feel free to add

dkenno918

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Posting so I don't forget like I usually do: ~18:30 all my friends come out of time lock.
    yeah I need peoples to add me on this too place on level 18 have no friends at the moment play it every day :D origin name is Ragen09

You'd be better off adding others. Players that are up to date likely already have a ton of friends so won't be bothered to add more. There was an active list not long ago. Your best bet would be to go through and add a load of them.

I just accepted your invite and dropped you some gift bags :)

Annoying how you can drop the gift bags behind buildings etc. I've seen a few jumping up and down in my town so hopefully others will see the ones I drop.

Is it just me or is the new loading screen with Homer holding onto the finger really sweet? I may need to get a grip. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,307 ✭✭✭✭endacl

The hidden gift bags is a bit annoying all right. Especially if you're on a higher level and have a fairly expansive town. I'll be dropping them out in the open. Just good manners.

endacl wrote: »
    The hidden gift bags is a bit annoying all right. Especially if you're on a higher level and have a fairly expansive town. I'll be dropping them out in the open. Just good manners.

Yeah, i'm trying to find open spaces to do it but some towns don't have them and my aim is crap!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,307 ✭✭✭✭endacl

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    Yeah, i'm trying to find open spaces to do it but some towns don't have them and my aim is crap!

The game seems to default to the present generator thingummy when you visit a town. I just made sure to put this in a fairly clear space. Just a matter of dropping when you arrive, before going looking for buildings to tap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    I just accepted your invite and dropped you some gift bags :)

Annoying how you can drop the gift bags behind buildings etc. I've seen a few jumping up and down in my town so hopefully others will see the ones I drop.

Is it just me or is the new loading screen with Homer holding onto the finger really sweet? I may need to get a grip. :D

My wife thinks it looks like he is holding God's ****

My wife thinks it looks like he is holding God's ****

Your wife is dorrty! But good point :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

isn't the finger not your finger? previous splash screens always had a finger on them (homer running away from one).

that being said when i first saw it i thought it was god's finger. nice throwback to the show when homer met god.

isn't the finger not your finger? previous splash screens always had a finger on them (homer running away from one).

that being said when i first saw it i thought it was god's finger. nice throwback to the show when homer met god.

Yeah, it is supposed to be your finger that's why I thought it was sweet that Homer is holding your hand :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

:). also to the dude with the dirty wife, hold on to her :pac:

Advertisement