Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

rawn wrote: »
    And in exchange you gave him your account details, right?

You know you can change your password, right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Lolo85

Yep I changed it just in case he fancied vandalising my town!

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭baktag

Morning fellow boardies
    I have a tile to be tapped if you wouldn't mind
    Ultwen1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

been hacking much?
    Lolo85 wrote: »
    Nah but I bought them for €1.27 from guy of the bay.
    :confused: when you "bought" them from him he just hacked your account, you could have done that for free yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭mightyreds

The only thing I don't like is the christmas tasks and the value of the tickets. I think its a 10hr task for just 35 tickets when visiting a town you pick up 30.

I know in the town its 30 every 24hrs but I just dont like sending out characters on that only recoup 35 tickets after 10hrs.

• Advertisement

Time is money and I couldn't be ar$ed going to that effort when someone else can do it for me and I hardly broke the bank with my extravagance And yes I understand he hacked my account! What's the big deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

Irish Halo wrote: »
    :confused: when you "bought" them from him he just hacked your account, you could have done that for free yourself

how exactly?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Where do you check the community prize countdown thing again? I was in it once I remember but can't figure out how to check it again. It's not as handy to get into as the Halloween one, or at least as obvious to me!

Also, happy with the personal prizes so far, but I see a 'critter' type prize coming up soon which will presumably be another useless thing running around town to go with the snake and zombies, or to be filed away most likely. Looks like a raccoon or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

Does the tile tapping still work with the new update?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,636 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Time is money and I couldn't be ar$ed going to that effort when someone else can do it for me and I hardly broke the bank with my extravagance And yes I understand he hacked my account! What's the big deal?

It's bad sportsmanship IMO. I've earned my donuts as have most people. Where's the fun in cheating?

Not having a go, just offering a different view.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

Superbus wrote: »
    Does the tile tapping still work with the new update?

nope

It's only a game and I did earn my donuts year back and bought them from the store which are v expensive. But different strokes and so on as they say. :p

5starpool wrote: »
    Where do you check the community prize countdown thing again? I was in it once I remember but can't figure out how to check it again. It's not as handy to get into as the Halloween one, or at least as obvious to me!

Also, happy with the personal prizes so far, but I see a 'critter' type prize coming up soon which will presumably be another useless thing running around town to go with the snake and zombies, or to be filed away most likely. Looks like a raccoon or something.

It's a raccoon in a Xmas jumper doesn't anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭badgerhowlin

just got a small update there. anyone know what it was?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

It's a raccoon in a Xmas jumper doesn't anything.

Utterly pointless, same as the turkey.

faceman wrote: »
    It's bad sportsmanship IMO. I've earned my donuts as have most people. Where's the fun in cheating?

Not having a go, just offering a different view.

It doesn't affect anyone else. How is it bad sportsmanship?

It's also only cheating if you speed up tasks all the time. The vast, vast majority don't.

If premium items weren't so redicilously overpriced, a lot less people would use the hacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

Its cheating, no two ways about it. Actually it's stealing.

Yes they are overpriced, but hacking the game bypasses that price. and it's stealing from EA who are providing the service.

If you don't agree with the price then don't pay it.

But you can't get away from the fact it's stealing.

Its cheating, no two ways about it. Actually it's stealing.

Yes they are overpriced, but hacking the game bypasses that price. and it's stealing from EA who are providing the service.

If you don't agree with the price then don't pay it.

But you can't get away from the fact it's stealing.

Ok think people need to lighten up a bit. It's not stealing IMO. The donuts are virtual and endless supply and without limitation because they are just a number. I haven't taken them from anyone not even ea. ea aren't out of pocket, they didn't transfer donuts to me.

At end of the day, I have all the fancy premium stuff and you don't and probably never will so if ur happy with that and want to take the moral high ground good for u

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Ok think people need to lighten up a bit. It's not stealing IMO. The donuts are virtual and endless supply and without limitation because they are just a number. I haven't taken them from anyone not even ea. ea aren't out of pocket, they didn't transfer donuts to me.

At end of the day, I have all the fancy premium stuff and you don't and probably never will so if ur happy with that and want to take the moral high ground good for u

It is stealing, the developers put work into creating the game in return for their wage which is made via people buying donuts in the game, this is the revenue stream they have chosen, they haven't made the game out of the good of their hearts. Bypassing this is stealing from them.

Its the exact same as expecting a plumber or electrician to work for nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭sparkthatbled

Yes it's cheating, but so is taking advantage of the squidport tile glitch. Plenty of people had to pay dearly in time and money for each tile before the glitch opened up.

Yes it's stealing, but I doubt there's a single person on the internet who has never used/downloaded copyrighted content without permission.

This game is not competitive, which is why I like it. Anyone can go about it however they please. Some like to take it slowly, some like to boost with house farming and glitch exploits, and if some want to hack the game so they can get all the premium items that's their business. The great thing is that whatever someone decides to do with their own town, it doesn't affect anyone elses town. You don't lose out on anything, you can still play away in your own way.

When I get sick of this game and find myself generally not bothered any more at some point, I will probably get myself a hacking guide and get myself a load of donuts. My reason for doing so is that i'm a completionist. I plan to have everything built and laid out nicely before I quit playing and there's no way i'm getting all the premium items with earned donuts.

TL;DR - Live and let live ;)

• Advertisement

EA have made an absolute killing out of it. If they were really worried about revenue they wouldnt continue to charge so much for premium items. Sell something cheaper and more people will buy it. Simple.

It's gone from bad sportsmanship to stealing. That was quick. Next I suppose it will be the cause of someone dieing.

If you have an issue with it, dont do it. No need to bitch and moan about others playing a game however they wish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Yes it's stealing, but I doubt there's a single person on the internet who has never used/downloaded copyrighted content without permission.

TL;DR - Live and let live ;)

Would you download a car?

OH YES lol!!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,307 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Utterly pointless, same as the turkey.

Heh? There's a 'point' to this game!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

endacl wrote: »
    Heh? There's a 'point' to this game!?!

Yes, to see how much you can take before uninstalling :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

At the bottom of the screen there's a candy cane striped trophy. Tap it, and down in the corner beside the Homer option, there's one with Homer, Apu & a couple of other characters. That's the community section.

Quick question for anyone that can advise - do the snake, turkey, Snorky, etc. just act as moving decorations for the town? If I store mine, it won't affect my Conform-o-Meter or anything, right? Getting a bit sick of them at this stage!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

mightyreds wrote: »

I know in the town its 30 every 24hrs but I just dont like sending out characters on that only recoup 35 tickets after 10hrs.

it has been confirmed on another TSTO forum that flanders and the boys does indeed get you 3x35 for their 10 hour quest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭mightyreds

hoodwinked wrote: »
    it has been confirmed on another TSTO forum that flanders and the boys does indeed get you 3x35 for their 10 hour quest.

i don't even have the boys yet ha ha.I wouldn't mind that now wouldnt be too bad even maybe it was shorter 6hrs for 35.

how many people can collect tickets i think i just have homer bart lisa.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Folks, no more discussion about ethically and legally suspect services please. Any more posts on the topic will be deleted!

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭TFK

3 wheel spins so far have given me 3 snowmen. However I did get 10 donuts from my daily combo mystery box!

122 donuts now.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,898 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I wanted decorations on the wheel spin so I put my finger on the brown house decoration and spun and it landed on the brown house. Gonna try and do the same method tomorrow and see if I just got lucky or if there is something in it.

Advertisement