Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,898 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I have the buddha snowman thingy left. I've been trying to get it for days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

Accidentally tapped my actual corn. I think I might actually punch something.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 chick7

rawn wrote: »

put your farm into storage then put it back out.... corn should be gone.... placing stuff into storage resets whatever action it's doing

chick7 wrote: »
    put your farm into storage then put it back out.... corn should be gone.... placing stuff into storage resets whatever action it's doing

No, I mean I had the corn ready and already got a few handshakes on it. I accidentally tapped the last handshake this morning so now I have to wait another 90 days >.<

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭jelenka

Getting tired of the stupid wheel, only ever gives me cash there is lots more I still don't have . At 33k I thought I would have most ....anyway if anyone needs friends my little brother started playing recently and needs some people to add , his ID Gamerslayer290 ... you can also add me ID jelenka . I play every day and visit everyone .

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭sparkthatbled

Randomly decided to bet on the outsider at the dogs yesterday and won! The only thing I can't get is the bloody Claus Co building. Can't count the number of times I just missed it at this point...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

When did they decide to extend the event? I thought it was finishing today.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭corkie

Vojera wrote: »
    When did they decide to extend the event? I thought it was finishing today.

SpAnser posted about it on 3rd January here.

Anyone need tiles, channel 6, crops (corn) or stage tapped?

I'm only visiting people that are still collecting for personal prizes to drop of presents.

I have collect all prizes on the wheel, so don't need anymore gifts. Please drop to people that do.

Regards
    John

I won't say no to some gift bags, still got Claus Co left to get on my wheel. Also, my OH started playing just after xmas and could really do with some help getting some personal prizes, her SN is Blargetha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Thanks to corkies trick (which actually does work on iOS if your doing it right) I was able to get the Yeti last night. Took probably over 20 tries though. So I'd imagine I would of been missing out if not for it. Still one or two things to get so I'm hoping it will still work.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i have only the helter skelter to get, may look into this trick.

i have to say as someone who hasn't got many "x.xx% to characters jobs" items my money has skyrocketed since getting all the snow(wo)men. I hit over $1 million for the first time :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

didnt work for me on 2 android devices. Theyy both started with teh confirmation of what you have won screen....I am missing yeti and claus co.... have made 1000$ about 20 times now...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

didnt work for me on 2 android devices. Theyy both started with teh confirmation of what you have won screen....I am missing yeti and claus co.... have made 1000$ about 20 times now...

You have to close the app before that screen comes up - as soon as you know that you aren't going to be getting what you want.. I tried it and made this mistake first, but then it worked and I got the last item I was missing :)

Spent 30 donuts on 2 Homer Buddhas and got a bench with a jacket on it and a planter. ARE YOU FKN KIDDING ME.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

Couldn't be bothered spending doughnuts on either the Buddha's's or Mystery box.
    You never get anything decent in them.

coolisin wrote: »
    Couldn't be bothered spending doughnuts on either the Buddha's's or Mystery box.
    You never get anything decent in them.

Someone on here mentioned before that they got Frink in a Buddha. Was hoping for some sort of decent premium item not a damn bench and flower pot! They need to update the prizes or at least lower the price down to 1 donut, even the mystery box ones are always lame! Yay a parking space :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭corkie

A new episode tie-in has landed.

One new free character.
    + Mr. Sparkle Billboard for 30 donuts
    + Swanky Fish (Limited time) for 90 donuts.

See here

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Raedwald

Hococop wrote: »
    passed 100000 now and still need the snow monster, just wondering if anyone has trouble with this game on the samsung Tab 3 7", when i tap the app it goes to the gracie film logo and then once it passes that it stays on a blank screen and im force to hold the power button to reset the tablet, any help would be appreciated

Hey I'm having the same problem. Not sure what the issue is. So just playing the game on my phone instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

rawn wrote: »
    Someone on here mentioned before that they got Frink in a Buddha. Was hoping for some sort of decent premium item not a damn bench and flower pot! They need to update the prizes or at least lower the price down to 1 donut, even the mystery box ones are always lame! Yay a parking space :rolleyes:

I got Frink in the Buddha. I have been playing for 15 months at least at this stage. I got the Buddha in the weekly mystery box thing - didn't spend any donuts on it. I think I have bought 2 Buddhas since I started playing, and have never got anything decent in it.
    My mystery boxes since have been trees, parking lots and newspaper dispensers.
    I have never bought donuts, have always just saved up free ones - I used donuts to get Squeeky Voiced Teen but have heard rumours he is a possibly prize in a mystery box/buddha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Yes you can get the Squeeky Voiced Teen in the mysterybox/buddha. I had bought it with doughnuts and then got it as a prize the following week.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 chick7

my son got squeaky voice teen in a mystery box....I opened a mystery box yesterday and got a Buddha in it... the Buddha then gave me 30 donuts

Guess Buddhas are only good when you win them! I bought some premium scratchcards and now have 92 donuts. Might buy some more next week and try get Frink :D

I bought Frink on Monday. Bored witless waiting for the Christmas update to finish. Have 25 donuts left.

I got the update and Lisa is free but it won't start the story?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

I had two coins there (bar and cards) and for both spins the wheel went really weird and slow and landed on money both times. It makes me suspicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Vojera wrote: »
    I had two coins there (bar and cards) and for both spins the wheel went really weird and slow and landed on money both times. It makes me suspicious.

Same thing keeps happening to me. In my last 17 spins I've got cash. I still need mr plow and the snow monster thing. I'm not going to lie I cannot freaking wait for this Xmas update to finish. After the earlier fcuk up where I was told that I had all the personal prizes but never got them, I'm really hoping for something a bit better in the next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

It's quite obvious the wheel is rigged to land on cash. The fact that if you soon it real slowly it will always spin at full speed regardless of how much of a swipe you give it.

I'm gonna see if I can hook the game up to a web proxy and inspect the server calls and see if they're doing anything funky*

* I use this tool everyday in work so it's not too hard to see but I'd imagine they'll be encrypting the server call data.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 st1903

Can't remember where I read it but (tstotopix.me maybe) each of the slots on the wheel has a certain percentage of landing on it weighted in accordance with the prize. Some of the cash slots were 15-20% each, while the yeti or ice sculptures you only had a 2 - 5% chance of landing on.

• Advertisement

st1903 wrote: »
    Can't remember where I read it but (tstotopix.me maybe) each of the slots on the wheel has a certain percentage of landing on it weighted in accordance with the prize. Some of the cash slots were 15-20% each, while the yeti or ice sculptures you only had a 2 - 5% chance of landing on.

There's a full list of percentages on the wiki:

http://simpsonstappedout.wikia.com/wiki/Holiday_Wheel

No wonder i'm still waiting for the claus co, but i think there should be a mechanism that ups your chances when there's only 1 or 2 actual prizes left amongst the gift card and cash filler.

Advertisement