Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

On both tablet and phone the in app updates keeps going to the cannot connect to server screen for me which is really irritating. My gf has updated her game fine sitting next to me which is really irritating.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

I'm on iOS and both the iPad an iPhone kept bouncing back to the error screen when downloading the updates, but i kept retrying after the countdown and it was downloading bit by bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,898 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I wasn't able to connect to the server all evening either and I don't usually have that issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭sparkthatbled

Iceberg wrote: »
    update landed, first task is to harvest 'something' from the farm (I won't spoil what is it).

Thing is, I had corn growing with a good 60+ days left, but when it followed the prompt to harvest what is required for the quest, the corn was harvested as complete.

Might be a one off (I'm on iOS) but if this works for others some nice cash and XP there.

I had less than 30 days left on my corn. It gave me a full payout but I wanted to stack the handshakes on it. Really peed off right now...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Was Cletus' 8 hour task always 'self medicate'?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,307 ✭✭✭✭endacl

That's about a year for me now! Started playing towards the end of the valentines day event last year.

Seems longer...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

Updated earlier, everything was fine, logged back in to another mini update but I had lost a level and homer was asking to go on the superbowl blimp quest that I finished days ago, but my valentines Roses are still growing. .. weird

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

Updated earlier, everything was fine, logged back in to another mini update but I had lost a level and homer was asking to go on the superbowl blimp quest, but my valentines Roses area still growing. .. weird

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

300 donuts for a whale? Hahahahahahahahahahaha, no.

Wellyd wrote: »
    Was Cletus' 8 hour task always 'self medicate'?

No, it was 'Help Brandine give birth to another Spruckler".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Vojera wrote: »

And they wonder why so many choose to hack :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,636 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Vojera wrote: »

The reason it's so expensive is because it has a 7% multiplier

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    And they wonder why so many choose to hack :pac:

Whats this now?

Everyone who had a tile seems to have had the tile removed now, so no going into other people's towns now to tap them for loads of XP, and thus extra donuts which is a pain in the ass. Unless there is a need to visit towns for special events (as there may be with Valentines perhaps) I won't be visiting towns much any more.

5starpool wrote: »
    Everyone who had a tile seems to have had the tile removed now, so no going into other people's towns now to tap them for loads of XP, and thus extra donuts which is a pain in the ass. Unless there is a need to visit towns for special events (as there may be with Valentines perhaps) I won't be visiting towns much any more.

Tile?

The rewards for visiting other towns don't seem worth my time to be honest

Grimebox wrote: »
    Tile?

The rewards for visiting other towns don't seem worth my time to be honest

I had (until today) 25 friends out of about 80 who had a tile untapped for their squidport, which they left untapped to gain extra tiles from a glitch when others tapped it. The person tapping it also got up to 1000 xp (usually between 500-900 though) and $1000 each time they tapped it. You could exit/enter each town and tap it 3 times per day, so with multiple friends who had this available, it could mean about 50000xp extra per day for me, which meant more donuts from the bonus level up.

You are new to this thread I assume? Tile glitch and the aforementioned hacks have been discussed many times over the past few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Klim

In my experience, every update cleared the tile, but building another one brought it back as it was; tappable again.

Though I didn't lose mine this update, funnily, and still was able to tap others tiles on my rounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I'm at the max for tiles which is why mine is gone. Accidentally tapped it and couldnt build any more.

Klim wrote: »
    In my experience, every update cleared the tile, but building another one brought it back as it was; tappable again.

Though I didn't lose mine this update, funnily, and still was able to tap others tiles on my rounds.

Yep, I assumed the update had done that as it had before. Most of the people I was friends with who had tiles probably had over the limit to build more although I will check again in a few days. I checked about 5 or 6 earlier who had tiles yesterday and they were all gone.

I had (until today) 25 friends out of about 80 who had a tile untapped for their squidport, which they left untapped to gain extra tiles from a glitch when others tapped it. The person tapping it also got up to 1000 xp (usually between 500-900 though) and $1000 each time they tapped it. You could exit/enter each town and tap it 3 times per day, so with multiple friends who had this available, it could mean about 50000xp extra per day for me, which meant more donuts from the bonus level up.

You are new to this thread I assume? Tile glitch and the aforementioned hacks have been discussed many times over the past few months.

Yeah apologies, I only joined 5 pages ago. I have no intention of reading through almost 400 pages!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,307 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Grimebox wrote: »
    Yeah apologies, I only joined 5 pages ago. I have no intention of reading through almost 400 pages!

Feckin' lightweight!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

I have the tile glitch running a while now and one update a while back (maybe Halloween) cleared the tile for me. Luckily I was able to rebuild another as it wasn't at the maximum amount.

After yesterday's update my tile is still there with one handshake above it. Haven't recieved anymore since but it seems to be still working for me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭corkie

DubDJ wrote: »
    I have the tile glitch running a while now and one update a while back (maybe Halloween) cleared the tile for me. Luckily I was able to rebuild another as it wasn't at the maximum amount.

After yesterday's update my tile is still there with one handshake above it. Haven't recieved anymore since but it seems to be still working for me anyway.

Unfortunately, during the valentines event we are tapping characters and can not tap buildings/tiles.

Just don't collect your last handshake, if your over 150 tiles as you won't be able to build more. Maybe after the event it can be tapped again.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,636 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Game is down

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

faceman wrote: »
    Game is down

It was down for me for a while but is back up again.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭TFK

It was down for me for a while but is back up again.

Still down for me :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Its been down for me all night. Typical, I only ever play it when there's an event on and it's not working.

Do you guys ever buy donuts in this? I'm making a point of resisting. I don't particularly want to support the business model more so than anything else

I can't log in either, but once again my other half can. Really annoying. My roses should be ready as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

I can't log in either, but once again my other half can. Really annoying. My roses should be ready as well.

I can logged in on the iPhone but the the iPad mini is a no go area really annoying. Hope they extend or give some reward cause of the issues.

Advertisement