Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭corkie

CSSE09 wrote: »
    Make sure and plant corn before part 8 of the main quest line, it'll instantly grow when part 8 starts.
    Can confirm that growing the corn before mission eight works.
    Just started growing it around 4 hours ago then started mission eight. Instant cash/exp.

I can also confirm planting corn well before the task works! Plant corn a few days ago and was able to collect the Full Payout!

Make sure to click on the task to grow carrots from the menu, it will bring up the menu to speed up the corn with donuts. Cancel that and you will see the corn grown on the farm.

You can also use marge witch to speed up carrots!

Pink basket in my town! was filled!

Regards
    John

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭CSSE09

Got another of the middle boxes, more fences :( averaging 2 of the middle boxes a day, not bothering with the first box. How's everyone else getting on?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,898 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I need fences and I'm not getting anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,078 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Please add barry26594 and adelemcg605.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Can confirm that the corn harvest works as well.

• Advertisement

If your lucky enough to have marge the witch?

You can speed up your carrots crops (2hrs instead of 4hrs) and once you collect the crop.
    Your extra bunnies are released! (I believe it's 12)
    Zap them all quickly in one go before they are let loose around your town.

Edit: If you leave marge on task, the second lot of carrots will only take 2 Hours.

You can then store the farm which will release marge from the task!
    (Note: also stores cletus, so make sure he's not on an important task!)

Grow another crop of carrots and have marge speed it up again!

Result 12 extra bunnies and the resulting eggs every two hours!

Note:
    12 bunnies are released when you harvest carrots BUT the town can only hold 40+20 bunnies at any given time so make sure you zap/clear your town of bunnies Before you harverst the Carrots or no bunnies will be produced

Regards
    John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

If anyone wants to add my girlfriend as well that's be great. She's a very active player as well.

michelesilve340

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭trishawisha

Hey if anyone wants to add me that would be great
    Trishgary1157
    Trishawish339
    Daily player no friends :(

Have 1200+ pink eggs to drop in baskets if anyone has some in their town. Got father Sean last night, makes up for all those easter piles, ponds and fences.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

My blue basket had eggs in it last night but it wasn't full. I logged in today and the basket is empty. Grrr!

• Advertisement

Vojera wrote: »
    My blue basket had eggs in it last night but it wasn't full. I logged in today and the basket is empty. Grrr!

I noticed something up with baskets in a few towns, some were empty and unclickable to drop eggs.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,898 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I was collecting money in my town earlier and it kicked me out saying it was logging in on another device. Nothing appeared to be spent or anything, thankfully!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Vojera wrote: »

Same here. Mine was nearly full and I had another few with some eggs in them but they're all empty now.

Feck sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

When trying to login on both of my devices I keep getting the message that I didn't save my progress on my other device. I wonder if it's safe to login. Sounds like maybe somebody else was able to access my town.

DubDJ wrote: »
    When trying to login on both of my devices I keep getting the message that I didn't save my progress on my other device. I wonder if it's safe to login. Sounds like maybe somebody else was able to access my town.

I'd pick whichever device you were last logged in with and hit the play now button, if someone was in your town and it's coming up with that message at least if they made any changes the save wasn't synchronized.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭mrweatherman

Help littleElfhugger needs friends!!! Any out there to help

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

CSSE09 wrote: »
    I'd pick whichever device you were last logged in with and hit the play now button, if someone was in your town and it's coming up with that message at least if they made any changes the save wasn't synchronized.

Yeah that's what I ended up doing, everything was fine when I logged in. Was having a few server disconnection issues earlier too.

Anybody else have a broken XP meter. Mine is nearly maxed out but showing around 9,000 so there must be issues with Origin.

Screenshot_2014-04-21-16-50-50-1.jpg

Above is my third win in the gold box (Got it earlier today)!

My other 2 wins in gold where the BD and pastel fence.

Still haven't won the low odds prizes in the other two boxes.

On 17/50 fences!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Where the fcuk are people getting so many eggs? I get one box a day usually.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

Managed to get Father Sean which made up for getting the Easter eggs

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

anyone else notice a 'glitch' with fences and hedges?

if you store 3 of them, and try to place them, it will keep going and take your money automatically for any more you place than you have in storage.

so say you have 9 or 10 in storage, and you lose count when placing them and place 12 fences, it will charge you for the two without asking you do you want to spend money,

annoying now having to count, and if you lose count you have to stop, check inventory again and go placing again,

it doesn't do this for white fences (donut priced item) thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭pogsick

hoodwinked wrote: »

if you store 3 of them, and try to place them, it will keep going and take your money automatically for any more you place than you have in storage.

so say you have 9 or 10 in storage, and you lose count when placing them and place 12 fences, it will charge you for the two without asking you do you want to spend money,

annoying now having to count, and if you lose count you have to stop, check inventory again and go placing again,

it doesn't do this for white fences (donut priced item) thankfully.

This is a new "Feature" that came with the new update

pogsick wrote: »
    This is a new "Feature" that came with the new update

well they need to add an "are you sure you want to spend money" button to the feature then! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

gnfnrhead wrote: »

I would guess that it's mostly Corkie since he's such an active poster, and since he has in the region of 973 doughnuts I'd guess he spent a couple of them on those egg boxes.

I'm actually finding this update more annoying then the whacking day one. I get one box a day and end up with rubbish after rubbish... I've got no characters and no buildings!

gubbie wrote: »
    I would guess that it's mostly Corkie since he's such an active poster, and since he has in the region of 973 doughnuts I'd guess he spent a couple of them on those egg boxes.

I'm actually finding this update more annoying then the whacking day one. I get one box a day and end up with rubbish after rubbish... I've got no characters and no buildings!

and you cannot sell the excess rubbish!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The boardwalk is getting pricey and time-consuming. Is there a cut-off point when it stops increasing the amount of cash and time required?

actually something else i have noticed, do you always get bunnies when you grow carrots? at least twice now i have not....

Also happens with Newspaper dispenser! I got 1 in misery box and ended up placing a few more when I eventually noticed what was happening.
    gnfnrhead wrote: »
    gubbie wrote: »

Haven't been wasting precious donuts on egg boxes, still have around 900 donuts.

I am averaging about 2 Blue (dominate color) and 1 and half pink boxes a day.

I have purchased the Cat lady, The 75 donuts frink machine and 1 basket (found out there only once of use)

Been lucky that at least one egg basket drops in my town everyday.

Now have the 2 Frink machines (1 bought and 1 from quest).

95% active friends list. (Visit all possible daily)

Carrot's producing 12 bunnies every 2 hours when I can play.

Quest's payout a good lot of eggs.

Keep sending my egg earning characters on task

Regards
    John

actually something else i have noticed, do you always get bunnies when you grow carrots? at least twice now i have not....

corkie wrote: »

Note:
    12 bunnies are released when you harvest carrots BUT the town can only hold 40+20 bunnies at any given time so make sure you zap/clear your town of bunnies Before you harverst the Carrots or no bunnies will be produced

Regards
    John
    :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,309 ✭✭✭✭endacl

well they need to add an "are you sure you want to spend money" button to the feature then! :D
    J. Marston wrote: »
    The boardwalk is getting pricey and time-consuming. Is there a cut-off point when it stops increasing the amount of cash and time required?

Meh. I've nearly five million in the bank at this stage, and nothing to spend it on. I don't mind chucking a bit away.

The Celtic Tiger has hit Springfield. All the level 39 cubs have cash to burn!!

:D

Advertisement