Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

Talking about donuts, how many of ye have ever bought them? Or knows of anyone who bought them? Considering the biggest pack of donuts is somewhere around the 90 quid mark for only 2400, it seems prohibitively expensive. Considering a sack of 500,000 dollars costs 2000 donuts, in order to get something like the magnifying glass would cost you a lot of real world money!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

I have bought premium scratch cards.
    And have won 100 doughnuts twice.
    But never bought the actual packs.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭CSSE09

One thing that I noticed during the Easter event was the amount of inactive people I had on my list, they all had hacked games with all items, without something to aim for the game isn't fun imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

CSSE09 wrote: »
    One thing that I noticed during the Easter event was the amount of inactive people I had on my list, they all had hacked games with all items, without something to aim for the game isn't fun imo.

Tbh I'm bored right now with it and wanna hack it before I quit. Won't work on my phone though so prob quit until another update

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Klim

delta36 wrote: »
    Talking about donuts, how many of ye have ever bought them? Or knows of anyone who bought them? Considering the biggest pack of donuts is somewhere around the 90 quid mark for only 2400, it seems prohibitively expensive. Considering a sack of 500,000 dollars costs 2000 donuts, in order to get something like the magnifying glass would cost you a lot of real world money!

On a similar note, did anyone do like I did, and not realise the scarceness of donuts when they started the game and use them stupidly speeding up meaningless tasks etc?

I shudder to think how many I'd completely wasted in the early stages without knowing really what I was at.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Admldj

CSSE09 wrote: »

Game stopped being fun when it took a week of non stop playing just to build one building! I would have gladly paid for the app if ea didn't write the game so you pretty much have to buy donuts, try the hack for 24 hours and tell me if its fun or not, somehow I doubt you'll be quick to delete it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Admldj wrote: »
    Google tsto 4.8.1 hack apk and you should get a hacked version of the game unlimited donuts will only work till the next update

Does this only work on android? I've been trying on my iPad and it won't work! I've been playing since before the Halloween 2012 event and I'm getting bored now. I've bought a few scratch cards and won 100 donuts twice and bought one or two premium items but it's not worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Ah, the good ol' high horses are back out.

If you want to spend several hundred (probably close to 1000 now) euro on a free game, go ahead. Other people have sense and dont like being ripped off.

Donuts should have been done the way Clams are in Family Guy. I only have one friend but get a clam at worst every two days. You can go months without getting one in TSTO despite having a nearly full friends list. The game is intentionally designed to force you to buy donuts to get the good stuff.

Wellyd wrote: »
    Does this only work on android? I've been trying on my iPad and it won't work! I've been playing since before the Halloween 2012 event and I'm getting bored now. I've bought a few scratch cards and won 100 donuts twice and bought one or two premium items but it's not worth it.

.apk is an Android extension. You can get them for iPad but you need to be jailbroken.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Ah, the good ol' high horses are back out.

Think this conversation popped up on the thread around this time last year as well. I personally don't care if people cheat in this or not, but I know if I ever did, I'd immediately lose all interest in the game because...well, what'd keep me coming back to it? Maybe when I hit level 40 I'll do it to get all the premium items.

That said, I've no desire at all to pay for donuts, far too expensive for what little you get, and I can't imagine anyone who's ever shelled out 90 euro for donuts in this game.
    Re using donuts, I've got about 22 odd stored up at the minute, but have no real compulsion to use them, I've only really got enough to speed up 1, maybe 2 buildings. Will hang onto them for something...better, hopefully!

• Advertisement

delta36 wrote: »
    Think this conversation popped up on the thread around this time last year as well. I personally don't care if people cheat in this or not, but I know if I ever did, I'd immediately lose all interest in the game because...well, what'd keep me coming back to it? Maybe when I hit level 40 I'll do it to get all the premium items.

That said, I've no desire at all to pay for donuts, far too expensive for what little you get, and I can't imagine anyone who's ever shelled out 90 euro for donuts in this game.
    Re using donuts, I've got about 22 odd stored up at the minute, but have no real compulsion to use them, I've only really got enough to speed up 1, maybe 2 buildings. Will hang onto them for something...better, hopefully!

That's the problem. 22 donuts takes a long time to get, but you get nothing worthwhile for it. A dumpster maybe. I think the cheapest character is 30 but most are around the 200 range. It's impossible to save up for anything worthwhile.

I fully admit to having cheated but it wasnt to speed up tasks. All I did was buy the premium items. The rest of the game was played as normal and only now have I lost interest. That's not down to cheating, that's down to how development has gone in the past year or so. It used to be a fun game that rewarded you for playing. Now it tries to force you to buy donuts in order to have a somewhat fun game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,365 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

i have never boiught any doughnuts, a few permium scratchies here and there but thats it. But have got enough free to get a few nice things over time. Duffman, Arnie Pie, and a few other things. Am on level 40+ and have about 2.6m in bank with the escalator and mag glass...other things I would like yes but is there a point cheating...I just dont know...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Admldj wrote: »
    Google tsto 4.8.1 hack apk and you should get a hacked version of the game unlimited donuts will only work till the next update but you'll be flat out buying things for the first few days keep planting corn and rushing it I think it costs 1600 donuts but you'll be level 40 in no time best of luck!

I did this. I told myself that I would only use it to quickly build my boardwalk and then go back to the official version.

But then I got carried away and started buying everything....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

Anyone get Cool Lisa yet? and if so does she come with new tasks?
    I'm just over half way there

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭corkie

Anyone get Cool Lisa yet? and if so does she come with new tasks?
    I'm just over half way there

Not yet but should have it tonight or tomorrow at the latest!

Screenshot_2014-05-21-17-28-46-1.jpg

Got it, but yet to use it!

It comes with quest for the skin <<<< Spoilers from tstotopix.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

I think the odd purchase here and there is probably ok. I've never spent a penny myself though. If there are people who have spent vast sums of money on it I think thats quite worrying.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭xavier8228

Anyone else having their game slow down while playing it? I have an ipod 5 and it's been like this since last week.

xavier8228 wrote: »
    Anyone else having their game slow down while playing it? I have an ipod 5 and it's been like this since last week.

Known Bug/glitch since the Easter Take-down update, Android users received an app store update yesterday which seems to have fixed the issue.

Probably an iOS update in the works as well.

Level 41 is here

Premium Item - Duff Party Liner - 100 Donuts (Its Big)

Non Premium - Bloodmobile - 132000

Unfinished Shed + Character (Chester Dupree) - 150 Donuts

Vulgari Jewelry Store + Character (Bernice Hibbert) 24 Hour Build time.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Thankfully the lag has disappeared. It was unplayable nearly with that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

Haven't been able to connect the server since yesterday seems like it takes ages to load and then it says cannot connect to server.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

Haven't been able to connect the server since yesterday seems like it takes ages to load and then it says cannot connect to server.

Delete cache and data, will have to redownload updates (wifi better option than data). This worked for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

Reg'stoy wrote: »
    Delete cache and data, will have to redownload updates (wifi better option than data). This worked for me.

Thanks no joy. Then I cleared cache uninstalled and reinstalled the game still the same .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

Still finding it quite laggy on an ipad
    fine on the iphone

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I've been playing this thing for about a year at this stage, but never really bothered with the social aspect of it.

I still play daily, so a few friends to tap on might help keep me interested.

Username is: marcbrophy

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭mrweatherman

add me howyabud and also add litlleElfhugger

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

add me howyabud and also add litlleElfhugger

Done!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

There's an iOS AppStore update. It's just downloading now for me. I've noticed long loading times and server crashes since the level 41 update. This is probably a bug fix to sort it out.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

No lag, and no crashes in 3 days for me. It's like a new game!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭daisy123

Bah I tapped through the dialogue too fast...

Advertisement