Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭hawkwind23

another user of 2 years!
    similar sentiment as above , final straw being that easter stupidity. in 2 years i still havent enough donuts to buy a character and am 8 off the guy who drives the school bus.
    i might stick around to level up and get that.

the game without doubt unticked the "confirm before spending donuts" option. this was done on purpose imo and typical of the game.

im no longer a daily player and ive hovered over the uninstall a few times , only a matter of time.

good game spoiled by greed for too long , i guess im the stupid one for not deleting earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭corkie

Update on the servers - Stonecutters! -- App store Update.

From tstonews <<<< spoilers.

It's an event with prize's see tstotopix

Be careful some of the Prizes might also be available to buy with donuts.

Finally we see an item that has been in the game files for a while.

satans-anvil.png?w=139&h=150
    Satan's Anvil!

Like everyone else getting a bit fed up with the game as well. I have money invested in it since the Christmas deal. 500+Donuts left to spend.

Probably will stop playing after this update and when my donuts are gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

Awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,900 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

You know it's bad times when even Corkie is getting bored!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

The game is a little boring for me too but not to the point of giving up. I'm probably one of the longest players too.

The stone cutters would be a great update though so curious about that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

i am not getting the update, on my iphone or ipad??? :confused:

The update is on the iOS App Store now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭fta93

Have 310MB free on the iPhone but the game is still saying Device Full, more space needed to open it.
    Anyone know how much space I need?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Sweet, now you can use the town hall as a roster of characters.
    It shows who is busy and who isn't, plus you can click on a person to go to them. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

marcbrophy wrote: »
    It shows who is busy and who isn't, plus you can click on a person to go to them. :)
    don't see the advantage of that over the character finder in the top corner?

• Advertisement

marcbrophy wrote: »

A few additional details, when scrolling through the item purchase menu it now scrolls smoothly which is a lot easier for getting to the start or end of the list.

Also when you hit the move button there's a button to allow you to store all items in inventory. Be sure not to hit it by accident. It has an image of an explosion, and after hitting it it gives you a prompt to store all items. Still be careful not to reset your whole town.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

don't see the advantage of that over the character finder in the top corner?

Cos the character finder goes away when people are on jobs. With this you could click on it and find characters to see how long they have left on tasks, incase you forgot how long they had left on a task or what building they go to to do the task! :)
    DubDJ wrote: »
    A few additional details, when scrolling through the item purchase menu it now scrolls smoothly which is a lot easier for getting to the start or end of the list.

Also when you hit the move button there's a button to allow you to store all items in inventory. Be sure not to hit it by accident. It has an image of an explosion, and after hitting it it gives you a prompt to store all items. Still be careful not to reset your whole town.

That's sweet, maybe resetting the town is a good idea :D

And as in other events, I speed up some tasks. But until your friends active a certain quests, you can not collect emblems from them.

So no point speeding up tasks.

Also You should soon be able to weed out people who have stop playing because of the last event.

The Stone-Cutter No 1 is a very special character.
    More surprises when you unlock the Sacred Parchment.

Here is a blog written by me with some spoilers about the above.

More spoiler about the event can be found in TSTOforums walkthrough.

Regards
    John

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Mars Bar wrote: »
    You know it's bad times when even Corkie is getting bored!

I wonder if he'll be like the guy below when he realises how much he spent on donuts

keano_afc wrote: »
    I wonder if he'll be like the guy below when he realises how much he spent on donuts

I don't really want to think about how much I have spent on it. EA probably won't be getting more money from me (except maybe the odd scratcher).

I updated the blog (spoilers in it) in my last post to include information on the Sacred Parchment. I really enjoying the surprises in this event.

Make sure to keep your characters free where possible, because you will never know who is need for a task.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭baktag

After a two month hiatus i have decided to started playing again
    ultwen1 if anyone is looking foe neighbour:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

does it start after game of stones pt 2?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭jjll

Has anyones simpsons gone back to level 1 after todays update

• Registered Users Posts: 22,309 ✭✭✭✭endacl

jjll wrote: »
    Has anyones simpsons gone back to level 1 after todays update

Sign out and sign in again?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

Must say I'm loving the new update. Great idea having the little puzzles and loads of new stuff.

Just wish my more of my friends had the stone cutters on the go, missing out on loads of emblems

Anyone who has started feel free to add me

• Advertisement

Must say I'm loving the new update. Great idea having the little puzzles and loads of new stuff.

Just wish my more of my friends had the stone cutters on the go, missing out on loads of emblems

Anyone who has started feel free to add me

I've just sent homer off to be the chosen one, or something. When does the 'event' bit start?

After the Easter clear out I've spaces for a few more neighbours. Feel free to add me. Username is the same as on here.

endacl wrote: »
    I've just sent homer off to be the chosen one, or something. When does the 'event' bit start?

After the Easter clear out I've spaces for a few more neighbours. Feel free to add me. Username is the same as on here.

After that task you have a quick task to collect from five houses And then it starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Admldj

Should be plenty of emblems in my town add me admldj

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭CSSE09

Cleared out a few people from my list, AbdulAbhaile if anyone has room and is active.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭jurahnimoh

Back playing after a years absence and now addicted as ever, add me if you'd like jurahnimho7

Not many friends actively playing the Stonecutters update in my friends list. Dropped a lot of inactive friends lately so any new or old players feel free to add.

Origin add is: DubTheDJ

the number of emblems you can collect from friends per day.

Screenshot_2014-06-04-20-26-40-1.jpg

Yes that's 60 actions or 20 visit's to friends. So don't waste taps in your other springfield. If your only going to use your 20 visits per day

You can still visit other friends and activate there camera so at least they can get some from your visit. I'm planning to do that when my friends start earning emblems. (Note have already start to tap into towns with out getting emblems).

So the way to earn emblems is by actions in your own town.

Added the above information to my blog post. Contains spoilers to how you earn emblems in your own town.

DubDJ wrote: »
    Not many friends actively playing the Stonecutters update in my friends list. Dropped a lot of inactive friends lately so any new or old players feel free to add.

Origin add is: DubTheDJ

Same here, I thought. I see though, that most have started building the cutters lodge. They'll probably be up and running by tomorrow.

I hope I'm not speaking too soon, but I have a feeling EA might have got this event right. Looking enjoyable and achieveable so far...

jurahnimoh wrote: »
    Back playing after a years absence and now addicted as ever, add me if you'd like jurahnimho7

Hey! You fell to one of my deadwood culls! Nice to see fresh shoots. I'll add you back.

• Advertisement

Anybody have a glitch with this update? I finished all four of the main stonecutters task, and now I can't get number 1's dialogue up on the screen.

It's a known issue and EA are apparently at work fixing it. I can't really continue on now as I haven't been given any new tasks.

Advertisement