Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

This is definitely the most confusing event to date. I'm only getting used to things now. Annoying how unlocking things still means you have to wait to use them. And I was able to access a list of prizes from collecting gold which is now gone.

It seems very different from all other events. I kinda like it because it's so new but don't because it's confusing. Even looking on the fan sites and there's not much content about the new update. Explains the long wait between updates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

there is a lot going on but i am not finding it confusing to follow, if anything im logging in more just to play it which i guess was the point,

this is the first not so boring event, where you are not disadvantaged by not having 100 friends, and fixes the problems everyone complained about with the previous events (aka no tapping eggs after eggs or having to have 100 friends to get all the prizes....etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,309 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Anybody know what the 'goal' of this event is? Would it have helped to have played D&D as a teenager? Instead of having a life?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I'm finding it rather straight forward but then it's by first event!

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭daisy123

Ooo, have been away for a while, so only getting this update now. Orourkel is my name in the game, add if you need friends for the update or just for life (well...Simpsons life anyway)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

My humble opinion
    As far as I know you need to upgrade both the castles and the characters to complete most of the tasks.
    I have homer, bart and lisa but still upgrading the castles to get more nerds and to be able to place towers and gates
    It's gonna be a slow on though as you only have a few nerds to attack others and the return isn't great.

My humble opinion
    As far as I know you need to upgrade both the castles and the characters to complete most of the tasks.
    I have homer, bart and lisa but still upgrading the castles to get more nerds and to be able to place towers and gates
    It's gonna be a slow on though as you only have a few nerds to attack others and the return isn't great.
    Congratulations on the evillest post on the thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭daisy123

I just don't get it.

Will there be any Willies at any stage I wonder? THAT'S what makes a task fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

daisy123 wrote: »
    I just don't get it.

:pac:

daisy123 wrote: »
    I just don't get it.

Jaysus, Daisy! Shtill shtone mad fer de willies?

:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Am I the only one who isn't really liking this event? I appreciate the effort at trying to make something a bit different and more original than previous events but this one just feels boring and a bit all over the place for my liking.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Sarn

The novelty is wearing off for me. I have about 10k in coins and it looks like it is just going to be a grind to get to 38k.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

Am I the only one who isn't really liking this event? I appreciate the effort at trying to make something a bit different and more original than previous events but this one just feels boring and a bit all over the place for my liking.

Same here, beginning to piss me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

Yeah its p1ssing me off that its just not progressing that fast for me. you cant seem to do enough damage with the few troops you get every two hours.

Any tips to speed it up other then spend doughnuts

Its lovely that you have to spend donuts to progress. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

mrsoundie wrote: »

Do you? When? Also is anyone at the stealing premium currency bit yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Running Balance

yeah I thought the same thing. Is there no way of building the walls on Bart s castle without spending donuts??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

yeah I thought the same thing. Is there no way of building the walls on Bart s castle without spending donuts??

Don't they throw a few in your inventory to use? Maybe that's why they gave the free donuts at the start though.

DubDJ wrote: »
    Don't they throw a few in your inventory to use? Maybe that's why they gave the free donuts at the start though.

If anyone can figure it out that would be great, I think they caught a lot of people with this one, spending donuts in ones and two. Before long they all gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Gru

If anyone can figure it out that would be great, I think they caught a lot of people with this one, spending donuts in ones and two. Before long they all gone.

You shouldn't need to spend any donuts on castle walls and the like. So long as you upgrade your castle as you go you won't need to spend any donuts at all.

I'm on about 14500 gold now and I've completed the castle upgrades tasks so you most definitely do not need to spend donuts.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Do you? When? Also is anyone at the stealing premium currency bit yet?

I'm on it at the moment and it'll be finished tomorrow evening, looks like elixir for the reward though unless they through in some donuts on completion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Sarn

Gru wrote: »
    I'm on it at the moment and it'll be finished tomorrow evening, looks like elixir for the reward though unless they through in some donuts on completion.

Just finished it this evening, you get 15 donuts when it completes.

As Gru said there's no need to spend donuts. I haven't spent any yet and I have all the castle upgrades.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I think I must be hella behind then.
    I got the first castle to level 13, but not done any upgrades on the other 2 at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

I gave up on the event. It's boring, slightly confusing and annoying that you can't place certain towers when you earn them. Yawn. Bring back stonecutters-style events :D

rawn wrote: »
    I gave up on the event. It's boring, slightly confusing and annoying that you can't place certain towers when you earn them. Yawn. Bring back stonecutters-style events :D

I want snakes. That come out of eggs. To whack!

I like an event where I can work up a good sweat!

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

Getting bored of this now.
    Very few tasks for the new characters to do
    Just sending nerd off to attack castles

I'm liking this event, purely because I might actually get all the rewards. Whacking day and things like easter did my nut in! It's a shame there's no really cool rewards though.

Gru wrote: »
    I'm liking this event, purely because I might actually get all the rewards. Whacking day and things like easter did my nut in! It's a shame there's no really cool rewards though.
    There are three feckin' castles!!!

:D

Haha well yes there are :pac: what I'm getting at is I never got shary bobbins out of the easter update and here I am actually doing well for once and there's nothing like her at the end. :(

Where for art thou shary bobbins!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭hattoncracker

Hey there! Long time player/occasional poster!

Got the OH addicted, and he needs a few neighbours! Username: al-cof213

Thanks! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

How are so many people on like 20000 gold already. Loads of my friends have ridiculous amounts of gold. I still haven't hit 4000 and every time I log back in after sending my nerds off I get things like 11 gold as a reward. Not many people attacking my town either.

What am I doing wrong?

Advertisement