Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭JapaneseLove

Add me Rasengan639. Also a useful hint. Tap homer 10 times in a row and u get 10 donuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

managed to get Hugo this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 22,309 ✭✭✭✭endacl

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Ah I see it now thanks.
    Missed it with all the lists of usernames :D

I'm about even with that list, for the first time this event. I'm not sure it's accurate. There's still four days to go on the probe phase, and I've only one prize left to get.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Sarn

managed to get Hugo this morning

I'm four triangley things away. So close.

Is it my imagination or does upgrading your plank with a nail in it increase the squishing area of effect? I note that catching the grem-aliens in the squish zone makes them untappable.

Sarn wrote: »

Is it my imagination or does upgrading your plank with a nail in it increase the squishing area of effect? I note that catching the grem-aliens in the squish zone makes them untappable.

And does it cost treats to upgrade? I won't bother again if it does.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Crashing for me all day. Most annoyingly of all, after I spend about 10 mins doing tasks it'll bomb out and none of my progress was saved when I went back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,900 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Sarn wrote: »

I was thinking that too! I remember saying to myself, "this is great, less tapping for more rewards!"
    endacl wrote: »
    And does it cost treats to upgrade? I won't bother again if it does.

No I don't think it does. You just use nails for upgrading the gremalien weapon.
    keano_afc wrote: »
    Crashing for me all day. Most annoyingly of all, after I spend about 10 mins doing tasks it'll bomb out and none of my progress was saved when I went back in.

It crashed once for me today and I had to reset a task alright. I've had a couple of crashes since the upgrade but nothing major.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Crashing on my Nexus 7 from 2012 is a joke at the moment. Nearly every 30 seconds to 3 minutes before it crashes.

On the Nexus 5 on the other hand, it's stopped crashing altogether!

On Bluestacks on the PC, it won't update anymore, so I can't even play it on that!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Add me Rasengan639. Also a useful hint. Tap homer 10 times in a row and u get 10 donuts.

Thanks for the hint, it worked and got a statue also.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ice Storm

It was crashing for me a lot on the last update. In fact, it was getting progressively worse the closer it got to the end and there were many times it just wouldn't load for me at all.

Thankfully, the Halloween update seems to have sorted it out for me otherwise I think I'd be giving up on it completely. It was SO frustrating!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

If it's crashing, it's your phone/tablet. I was having the same issues. Cleared my RAM and rebooted my phone and not a crash since. This game seems very heavy on RAM. I clear it every time I close the game now.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭eliza64

I noticed when visiting my friends towns they are not using squeaky voice teen for trick or treeting, he collects a silver or gold treet bag.
    ddurran

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

I'm a week behind (ish) as I was on holidays with no internet!

Not sure what I'm aiming to do.. have just over 2000 collected and up to Level 6 of the nail crafting.. I think I stupidly crafted a few walls and a human - what is the best thing to be saving up for/crafting?!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,459 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

eliza64 wrote: »
    I noticed when visiting my friends towns they are not using squeaky voice teen for trick or treeting, he collects a silver or gold treet bag.
    ddurran

possibly they don't have him, I don't and I have been playing for exactly a year

Stuck on 'downloading updates' now...

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

endacl wrote: »
    Stuck on 'downloading updates' now...

:mad:

Me too - I thought it was my wi-fi

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Update not going for me neither.

While we're waiting....

Downloaded two absolute addictive headwreckers this week. Paper Bike, and Daddy Long Legs.

A pair of 'just one more go' games. Both free. Good fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

I had an in-game update earlier, presume that's what you're downloading at the moment.
    There's an automatic dialogue box when the game opens, basically Moe has lost his clothes & Homer has to help find them. I assume that means there's a task for Homer, but I have him on a task until the morning so can't do anything yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

No just squish aliens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭JapaneseLove

DubDJ wrote: »
    Update not going for me neither.

Yea these can take a long time. I updated on my ipad. It updated fine then i started th app and it has to update more. Like 220 MB. Its always like this. Took me like 2 hours.

Is there anyway to turn off notification noises so I can have my phone on loud without being scared ****less by alien noises?!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭corkie

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Is there anyway to turn off notification noises so I can have my phone on loud without being scared ****less by alien noises?!

From within the game you can turn off 'Push Notifications' from settings.

If your on android you can turn off notifications by going to settings and turn it off for whatever app you don't want notifications.

Also force closing the apps, I think temporarily stops the notifications until the next time you use the app.

corkie wrote: »
    From within the game you can turn off 'Push Notifications' from settings.

If your on android you can turn off notifications by going to settings and turn it off for whatever app you don't want notifications.

Also force closing the apps, I think temporarily stops the notifications until the next time you use the app.

I don't want to stop the notifications though, I just don't want the sound.

Anyone getting kicked out and losing their progress this morning?

On my phone (samsung) if I go into sound settings and volume, I can turn off notification sounds while leaving ringtone / media volumes up.

Ice Storm wrote: »
    On my phone (samsung) if I go into sound settings and volume, I can turn off notification sounds while leaving ringtone / media volumes up.

On the M8, the notification and message tones are the one so if I turn that down, I won't know if I've gotten a text. :(

Mars Bar wrote: »
    On the M8, the notification and message tones are the one so if I turn that down, I won't know if I've gotten a text. :(
    Huh, turns out mine is the same actually! :(

I'd never tried it but assumed it would work. I have notifications off most of the time anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Still not even starting up on my nexus 7 (2013) grrr crash crash crash...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Gru

Once you collect the last piece of moe's outfit you have to click on the simpsons house and answer a question. The answer is "pretentious piece of modern art" answer correctly first time and you'll get 10 donuts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Anyone know if we loose the ability to craft items like the grand pumpkin when it moves to the ray gun phase tomorrow morning?

Advertisement