Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I just recently started the game and am finding progress in it a bit slow. Any tips and hints on making money faster?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,900 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Whispered wrote: »
    I just recently started the game and am finding progress in it a bit slow. Any tips and hints on making money faster?

Did you tap Homer 10 times while he is playing with his myPad to get 10 extra donuts?

It's a slow process getting money in the beginning to be honest.

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Did you tap Homer 10 times while he is playing with his myPad to get 10 extra donuts?

It's a slow process getting money in the beginning to be honest.

I didn't! I will try that when he's finished shopping! Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,309 ✭✭✭✭endacl

At least there is progress when you're new to the game. The rest of us are stuck waiting for each new level to come out, an when it arrives its completed in a day or two because so much cash has accumulated in the meantime.

Embrace the slow!

Lol "I have too much money"

Ah no I know what you mean. Thanks. :)

• Advertisement

I'm trying to buy up the land and I don't send characters on tasks but coz there is just too many of them so I'm not rolling in the cash. I had 5 million at one point and now I'm less than 2.

I'm preparing to do a complete overhaul of my town. :cool:

I'm struggling to get the 150k for the writers studio. I'll get there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ice Storm

I'm struggling to get the 150k for the writers studio. I'll get there :D
    The thing is, when you start the game at this point (a couple of years after the original release) you get thrown into new challenges / updates that are more suited to the advanced levels.

150k is loads to spend on a building in the early levels so I'm not surprised you're struggling.

I started playing in August, right in the middle of an event and it was pretty confusing. I was building castles when I barely had two houses. And I was getting tasks for Marge before I'd even unlocked the character!

Anyway, three months later I'm still addicted and a long way from reaching the highest level yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Friends. There's a list a few pages back.

The amount you get is totally worth it when you first start

• Registered Users Posts: 7,477 ✭✭✭corkie

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Does it still crash on the N7 after updating the OS?

That may be a hardware issue as my N7 even on KitKat struggles with this game at the best of times.

The game takes a good while to load on my Nexus 7(2012) running Lollipop but when it does run it seams more stable and only crashed once today while visiting friends.

The game still won't Load/run on the Nexus 9.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Does anyone know if it it runs on a Nvidia Shield? (seeing they don't use quallcomm chips)

god's toy wrote: »
    Does anyone know if it it runs on a Nvidia Shield? (seeing they don't use quallcomm chips)

Report on the EA forums that it use not run on the Shield, I wonder did EA ever patch the game for it. And if not we probably wont see a patch for the Nexus 9.

Works fine on iPad Air.

#applebitch

I'm slowly making my way through my rebuild.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Just wondering why they haven't included Troy McClure or Lionel hutz? Is it out of respect to Phil Hartman

Bad news for anyone with a Nexus 9

According to a post on the EA forums, EA have no plans at present to get TSTO working on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

...and my Nvidia Shield is on its way to a PM tonight for me to collect. oh well.

Wondering if its a Nvidia K1 chip, android running in 64 bit or ART problem...

god's toy wrote: »
    ...and my Nvidia Shield is on its way to a PM tonight for me to collect. oh well.

Wondering if its a Nvidia K1 chip, android running in 64 bit or ART problem...

More likely the chip or 64 bit as TSTO works on nexus 7(2012) running Android L.

Reports of TSTO not working on the Shield either.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Hococop wrote: »
    Just wondering why they haven't included Troy McClure or Lionel hutz? Is it out of respect to Phil Hartman

They haven't said so, but that is what is assumed. Neither of the characters have even appeared on the TV show since he died so I'd imagine they are fairly unlikely for the game. A shame as they were two great characters and they are running short at this stage.

Other than a real Sideshow Bob and Gil, I can't think of anyone worthwhile that is missing at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Wobbuffet

gnfnrhead wrote: »

I can't think of anyone worthwhile that is missing at this stage.

I'm surprised that Helen Lovejoy or Lindsay Naegle haven't appeared in the game yet. Old Jewish Man is another possibility.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Wobbuffet wrote: »
    I'm surprised that Helen Lovejoy or Lindsay Naegle haven't appeared in the game yet. Old Jewish Man is another possibility.
    For a minute there I thought you were on about Krusty's dad. That guy that was the villain in the movie could be a possibility too.

There's a ton of people that the show could go on with, a ton more kids (like Lewis, Brockman's daughter, all the Superfriends), the nerds who help Homer, Frank Grimes, Homers mom, the real Seymour Skinner, Homers brother, Cecil, Chief Wiggims wife, Gabbo...

Theme wise, they could have a Shelbyville theme, where you can get the impound lot, the characters and Flanders RV. They could have a Simpsons family theme where you get all those random family members that Homer rounds up to prove that the Simpsons don't have a stupid gene.

That's all I can think of right now!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Cookie Kwan and Charles Bronson Wise Guy,

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

gubbie wrote: »
    There's a ton of people that the show could go on with, a ton more kids (like Lewis, Brockman's daughter, all the Superfriends), the nerds who help Homer, Frank Grimes, Homers mom, the real Seymour Skinner, Homers brother, Cecil, Chief Wiggims wife, Gabbo...

Theme wise, they could have a Shelbyville theme, where you can get the impound lot, the characters and Flanders RV. They could have a Simpsons family theme where you get all those random family members that Homer rounds up to prove that the Simpsons don't have a stupid gene.

That's all I can think of right now!

How many of them are any way important? They aren't. They are all either minor characters (Wiggum's wife) or one offs. Mona Simpson is the only exception and as far as I know she is actually dead this time.

That was my point. All the worthwhile characters are already in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

Still no idea why they don't include sideshow bob.
    Complete waste of what should be a great character.

And we need more land, why can they not give is the chance to buy more?

And on a side note, has anyone done a complete reset?
    Think of storing everything and restarting my layout but afraid it will all go belly up

Still no idea why they don't include sideshow bob.
    Complete waste of what should be a great character.

And we need more land, why can they not give is the chance to buy more?

And on a side note, has anyone done a complete reset?
    Think of storing everything and restarting my layout but afraid it will all go belly up

I'm working my way through a reset now. It's slow progress but I like the way it is coming along. You can get ideas from here. It's a thread with a link to other threads where people have posted pictures of what they have done with their buildings.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

My god Mars Bar, the effort some people go through to make their towns pretty looking.

Mine must look like a f'ing pigsty to the neighbours that I have :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I'm working my way through a reset now. It's slow progress but I like the way it is coming along. You can get ideas from here. It's a thread with a link to other threads where people have posted pictures of what they have done with their buildings.

Excellent thanks, usually play on the iphone, may do a reset off the ipad

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    How many of them are any way important? They aren't. They are all either minor characters (Wiggum's wife) or one offs. Mona Simpson is the only exception and as far as I know she is actually dead this time.

That was my point. All the worthwhile characters are already in the game.

I would say that Wiggims wife is more important than the space blob thing, Shona and Booberella. All I can hear in my head when I think of her is "Claaancy"

• Advertisement

It's about time we had some of the cameos introduced as TO characters.

I want Spinal Tap in my town, dammit!

:D

Advertisement