Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

corkie wrote: »
    The Christmas update now makes the game playable on the Nexus 9!

I wonder will it also now work on the Nvidia Shield Tablet?

Oh and by the way, It works on the shield!

Did they beef up the graphics as it looks better than ever?

Runs so must faster and smoother on the nvidia tablet too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

:p
    Mars Bar wrote: »
    I've got 226 donuts. What should I spend them on?

What have you not got?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,900 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Lots!

I've got Frink's Lab.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

The Christmas update is showing on the App Store for me (iOS) but it doesn't seem to update when I click on update. It just opens the app. Any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

cee_jay wrote: »
    The Christmas update is showing on the App Store for me (iOS) but it doesn't seem to update when I click on update. It just opens the app. Any ideas?

i had that problem for all the apps on my ipad,

in the search menu in the app store search for the tapped out app, then click "open" should update then for you.

• Advertisement

Thanks, got it updated now!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,477 ✭✭✭corkie

Tip: The Christmas depot tree from last year drops 8 gifts, every four hours.

Christmas Trees also drop 10 gifts every 24 hours.

Elf homes also drop gifts.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

WOOHH!! Nexus 9 support!!! :D

Looks great!

Crashing on certain neighbours towns though...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

Is anyone else annoyed at tunnel 4 of Santa's tasks? You have to do a 2 hour task with Homer to get it started, but then Santa is also giving him 12 and 24 hour tasks as part of the storyline at the same time - and the prize is only the crappy elf home which I have from last year.

Everything after tunnel 4 is locked for me as well, and I've done the first three so I need to get Homer to do the task to move on. I just decided to get Homer to do the 2 hour task and then set the 24 hour task Santa has asked him to do after that, but still bad planning to need one character to do two things at the same time and have nothing for any of the others.

I really would have thought that they'd go with less is more. All of these events are taking more and more time.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I really would have thought that they'd go with less is more. All of these events are taking more and more time.

They all take about 3 days to understand as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

Woshy wrote: »

Everything after tunnel 4 is locked for me as well,

yup there are 19 tunnels and 19 days so i am guessing its an advent esq thing where they will unlock as you progress and the days pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

When I go onto friends Springfield it says tap the fed button to release Feds, what does the Feds button look like?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    When I go onto friends Springfield it says tap the fed button to release Feds, what does the Feds button look like?

You have to unlock the Feds through the main quest line.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Sarn

You don't need to do the daily tasks straight away. I missed the first few days and had four days worth yesterday. I've completed the first three now and still got the bonuses.

Annoying that they overlap with the main storyline, but I find that I always finish that well in advance of the end of the event. Just make sure not to start the daily if you have a needed character locked up in another task.

For the daily tasks, the 24 hour countdown clock starts as soon as you start the first task in the series. If you finish the task in the 24 hours, you get the daily gift and 100 presents. If you don't finish it within 24 hours, you still get the gift, but not 100 presents (as least that's what I'm making of it anyway).

The Feds will be available at level 9 of this storyline from what I googled. Will be an option in the top right of the screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 chick7

had to leave my phone in to be repaired...i had the page with the list of daily players saved on it and it got wiped...daily players please add me or post a list for me please........user name is pbaitson160

thank you

Santa doesn't appear in your list of characters in the box on the top left but you can send him on a 4 hours task to eat milk and cookies that gets you 2 presents.

When I tapped him during the first day or so he had no tasks, then I did it again earlier today and he had the milk and cookies one. Just a heads up in case people hadn't noticed he can be used

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Grand Moff Tarkin

Woshy wrote: »
    Santa doesn't appear in your list of characters in the box on the top left but you can send him on a 4 hours task to eat milk and cookies that gets you 2 presents.

When I tapped him during the first day or so he had no tasks, then I did it again earlier today and he had the milk and cookies one. Just a heads up in case people hadn't noticed he can be used

Thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Anyone else having trouble playing today? Keep getting the dreaded Bart screen.

• Advertisement

ShazGV wrote: »

It has been really hit and miss for me the past two days

I haven't been able to log in all day so far

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I was able to log in fine around 11am and still no problems now either on my android phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I'm able to log in fine on iphone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

I was having problems earlier trying to get in around 11-12. Logged in around 12.30pm fine, on iOS btw.

I had one of the advent tasks started and thought i was going to lose the prize because I was too late logging in. Luckily you only need to start the task before the time runs out, you can finish it whenever you like. Good to know, right now I've 2 tasks lined up for Homer, a 16hr and 24hr one so I can't start them because I need him for the last task of today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

DubDJ wrote: »
    I was having problems earlier trying to get in around 11-12. Logged in around 12.30pm fine, on iOS btw.

I had one of the advent tasks started and thought i was going to lose the prize because I was too late logging in. Luckily you only need to start the task before the time runs out, you can finish it whenever you like. Good to know, right now I've 2 tasks lined up for Homer, a 16hr and 24hr one so I can't start them because I need him for the last task of today.

Haven't been able to log in since first thing this morning. iOS

• Registered Users Posts: 45 chick7

ShazGV wrote: »

im getting the same thing

Still can't log in - on iPad

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Grand Moff Tarkin

No problem on iPad now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

I've been able to log in no problem since then. Left it for a while before trying again. I'm on iOS btw!

Advertisement