Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Sarn

Their servers seem to be up and down all day. Getting on for me has been hit and miss. Miss at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I haven't been able to get on all day

• Registered Users Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Sarn

I can get in when using my mobile connection but not with UPC. Might be a coincidence or maybe just good timing.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭CSSE09

Chanced installing on my nexus 9 and it worked :) long time since I played.
    If anyone would like another active player my name is AbdulAbhaile

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

Still can't get in - I haven't been able to all day. I'm going to run out of time on my daily task now I think :(

Edit: Finally got access and hopefully should be ok as long as it doesn't go again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Sarn wrote: »
    I can get in when using my mobile connection but not with UPC. Might be a coincidence or maybe just good timing.

yeah the same for me

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭CSSE09

Working fine for me on UPC but I'm using Google's DNS, if you go in to your advanced WiFi settings set DNS to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

• Registered Users Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

I'm on UPC and have to switch to mobile data to get on.

I might try changing my DNS settings as above.

Is there any side affects of changing my DNS that I should know of?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,309 ✭✭✭✭endacl

The_B_Man wrote: »
    I'm on UPC and have to switch to mobile data to get on.

I might try changing my DNS settings as above.

Is there any side affects of changing my DNS that I should know of?

Headaches and mild nausea.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Same for me, couldn't connect over the UPC wifi but mobile data connected straight away. Should be able to finish all three tasks before the time limit.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Grand Moff Tarkin

UPC and down as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Must be a dns thing. I'm using unblock-us dns and have no issues :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Wasn't able to get onto Simpsons or anything else on the phone last night. Eventually got my simpsons done when I switched off wifi on the phone. Again this morn it wouldn't work over wifi. Reset our internet (efibre) and now working fine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭evancmurphy00

If any one wants to add me my name is emurphy2k12 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,477 ✭✭✭corkie

The second task in the tunnel today for NED is 12 hours long!

So If you haven't started the quests already today, hold of until late to night to start them, so you have more time tomorrow to complete the third!

The first was only 45 seconds.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Grand Moff Tarkin

samkidney47 good folks it's my nephew and he needs more friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Woshy wrote: »
    Santa doesn't appear in your list of characters in the box on the top left but you can send him on a 4 hours task to eat milk and cookies that gets you 2 presents.

When I tapped him during the first day or so he had no tasks, then I did it again earlier today and he had the milk and cookies one. Just a heads up in case people hadn't noticed he can be used

quickest way to send people on christmas tasks is to tap the toy factory and hit start there. However Santa and Marge don't appear here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

anyone know how the feds keep appearing in my town?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Coz you were caught stealing donuts!! :eek:

gubbie wrote: »
    quickest way to send people on christmas tasks is to tap the toy factory and hit start there. However Santa and Marge don't appear here

Does Bart's Task also appear there?

Friends are sending them to you! Tap them and you get a present!

You get to send them once you reach: -
    complete pt 9 of Jingle Bell.

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Coz you were caught stealing donuts!! :eek:

LOL

• Advertisement

ta

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

Your friends and neighbours send the.

When I visit friends and neighbours I send the Feds, coz I get points and they get them too,

You have to be so far in the game to be able to send them though

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

6 hour, 4 hour and 4 hour in daily task 9 means that I am holding back until later to start it, but also because of a weird glitch. Last night I sent Ned on his 10 hour snowmobile task with his kids (12 presents reward I think), but his kids were already doing something it turned out. Whereas the game should have let me do that as they weren't free it let me set the task but it just froze Ned and then this morning when the kids finished their tasks they just set off on it. I tried to store the Flanders house to reset the task but the game crashed when I tried it every time, then I stored the sir putts a lot thing that Rod and Todd came in but it didn't reset the task.

Bit of a pain, but also a warning to others that this task might have a bit of a bug now.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,309 ✭✭✭✭endacl

5starpool wrote: »
    6 hour, 4 hour and 4 hour in daily task 9 means that I am holding back until later to start it, but also because of a weird glitch. Last night I sent Ned on his 10 hour snowmobile task with his kids (12 presents reward I think), but his kids were already doing something it turned out. Whereas the game should have let me do that as they weren't free it let me set the task but it just froze Ned and then this morning when the kids finished their tasks they just set off on it. I tried to store the Flanders house to reset the task but the game crashed when I tried it every time, then I stored the sir putts a lot thing that Rod and Todd came in but it didn't reset the task.

Bit of a pain, but also a warning to others that this task might have a bit of a bug now.

Exactly the same thing happened to me.

Feds are great

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Anyone having any problems getting into Santas tasks? I haven't been able to get into mine since yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 31,902 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Wellyd wrote: »
    Anyone having any problems getting into Santas tasks? I haven't been able to get into mine since yesterday

Sometimes I have to close the game and open it again to be able to get the vault to open

Wellyd wrote: »

I just go to my friends and back into my town and I can acesss it again!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Sometimes I have to close the game and open it again to be able to get the vault to open

This happens to me a lot too. Will try corkie's trick in future!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

Mars Bar wrote: »

Me too - v annoying!

Mars Bar - was it you that was wondering what to spend your donuts on? I have very few of the premium characters but I did just buy Luann and the cracker factory and I am pleased. Unlike when I bought Otto there is a long quest line that goes with it and it allows you to buy the fleet a pita as well (for cash not donuts). I think it was well worth the 150 donuts!

Advertisement