Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

marcbrophy wrote: »
    So far the combined amount of cogs I've collected is 1528.
    To reach max level (20) in the elf cannon, I only 5347 more.

That's an awful lot :mad:

That is quite a lot, may just give up now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

mrsoundie wrote: »
    That is quite a lot, may just give up now.

I should mention that I'm at level 11, so for the remaining 9 levels, you need almost 4 times the amount that it took you to get to level 11 :eek:

Wonder if they'll give some kind of multiplier or something for the last week?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Grand Moff Tarkin

Just got Ralph. The elves are playing hard to get the little b******s.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭5h4mr0(k

Just ran out of elves. 199 bells short of Ralph. I hope he's an elf magnet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

I find myself running out of elves to catch.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

marcbrophy wrote: »
    I should mention that I'm at level 11, so for the remaining 9 levels, you need almost 4 times the amount that it took you to get to level 11 :eek:

Wonder if they'll give some kind of multiplier or something for the last week?

The cannon upgrade target is largely irrelevant though I'd say. Bells are the only thing that count towards completing the event. If you somehow miraculously get to level 20 on the cannon there would be a new task to get to level 30 or something totally impossible so don't worry about that.

I'm on level 11 as well (only 30 cogs to level 12 for a 2.5 hour wait time), and I have about 14000 bells and got Helper Ralph this morning so 8,500 bells to go in 8 days which will be tight but should be fine I hope. Saying that though, I'm getting the Bart plugged out screen now and also starting to run low on elves although I'll be ok for the next load.

The second part of the Christmas thing is far more demanding than the first half I feel in terms of time needed to complete. I'm not really sure why I'm still playing this game, but I am.

5starpool wrote: »
    The cannon upgrade target is largely irrelevant though I'd say. Bells are the only thing that count towards completing the event. If you somehow miraculously get to level 20 on the cannon there would be a new task to get to level 30 or something totally impossible so don't worry about that.

I'm on level 11 as well (only 30 cogs to level 12 for a 2.5 hour wait time), and I have about 14000 bells and got Helper Ralph this morning so 8,500 bells to go in 8 days which will be tight but should be fine I hope. Saying that though, I'm getting the Bart plugged out screen now and also starting to run low on elves although I'll be ok for the next load.

The second part of the Christmas thing is far more demanding than the first half I feel in terms of time needed to complete. I'm not really sure why I'm still playing this game, but I am.

I'm certain that I read that the cannon after level 20 will be similar to the castles and characters from the clash of clans style event. Each level after 20 will be for "bragging rights". And I have no problem with the game doing that, as it's meaningless, but the levels on the way up to 20 all help you out. To get the all important bells, they shave off 15 mins each turn and get more elves per shot and more bells per elf.

I thought that when I first read the requirements to u/g the cannon, that it would be comulative(sp?) i.e. level 1 was 20 cogs and level 2 was 35, so after level 1, you'd need 15 more to get level 2. But it's not and I'm just wondering if the average player has any hope of reaching level 20, to get all the cannon perks, without actually constantly being online over the next 8 days? :D

I only have 11500 total bells, so I'm probably just annoyed with myself that I don't think I'll complete the event, so pay no attention to my whinging!! :pac:

Just upgraded to level 13 have 15880 bells so hoping to close out a couple of days ahead of schedule.

Oh I know each cannon level helps, but it's not a necessity. I'm on target (or slightly ahead) but I probably won't get to cannon level 20.

Oh I know each cannon level helps, but it's not a necessity. I'm on target (or slightly ahead) but I probably won't get to cannon level 20.

Yeah, you're probably right, I'll just hope for the best :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭evancmurphy00

I only have roughly 5,500 bells and a level 8 cannon I think.

I only have roughly 5,500 bells and a level 8 cannon I think.

Woohoo just got the Spruce Caboose

• Registered Users Posts: 7,477 ✭✭✭corkie

3e are airing the Simpsons crossover episode of family guy @23:00

I'm being seriously hampered by lack of elves to fire from the cannon now. Despite being on target a couple of days ago according to the schedule posted above I'm starting to fall a bit behind now due to lack of elves. Pain in the hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

corkie wrote: »
    3e are airing the Simpsons crossover episode of family guy @23:00

Thanks corkie! just read your post looked at the clock and boom! 11pm, it just started on 3e. now happy I didn't miss it.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ice Storm

I'm being seriously hampered by lack of elves to fire from the cannon now. Despite being on target a couple of days ago according to the schedule posted above I'm starting to fall a bit behind now due to lack of elves. Pain in the hole.
    Yeah, seems a bit pointless upgrading the cannon to fire more elves and reduce time when there's a shortage of elves!

+1 can fire 12 every 2.5hrs but can't collect 36 elves each tim

Go Ralph go! :D

5s4vzs.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Sarn

Hmm my Little Helper Ralph part 5 MRI quest reset. At the rate of bells I'm getting now I don't think the Tropical Island is attainable.

Got the tropical island last night.
    That's me done now until the next update

What would people like to see?
    Frank Grimes
    Maggie
    Sideshow Bob as a playable char
    And some more land expansion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,309 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Got the tropical island last night.
    That's me done now until the next update

What would people like to see?
    Frank Grimes
    Maggie
    Sideshow Bob as a playable char
    And some more land expansion

I Like to see nothing significant happening till the summer!

Definitely taking a month away from this in three days time.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 31,903 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

endacl wrote: »
    I Like to see nothing significant happening till the summer!

Definitely taking a month away from this in three days time.

:)

There's no need for this Christmas event to still be ongoing. They are dragging it out and it's event upon event. Hopefully Valentines is just a small thing and not a month long thing!

I should get the island tomorrow or Monday at the latest. I don't think the Christmas update will be gone until mid week though. Next one will be something for Valentines probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭toodleytoo

I'd say I won't even get the Spruce Caboose at this stage (I could be remembering that name wrong). Bloody phone's been having issues for the past three weeks and the game freezes after about two minutes each time. I don't have the patience to keep loading it back up :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

I'm on 15500 and need 17700 to get the Spruce Caboose. I'm going to do my best but I'm cutting it fine

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ice Storm

The last two prizes are a bit of a disappointment anyway so if you don't get them, you're not really missing out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

Yeah, I'm glad I got elf Ralph anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 22,309 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Mars Bar wrote: »
    There's no need for this Christmas event to still be ongoing. They are dragging it out and it's event upon event. Hopefully Valentines is just a small thing and not a month long thing!

Will probably skip the valentines event. Prizes are a bit crap every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Finally got internet that let's me on again.

Add me please.

mrsflushdraw. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭evancmurphy00

Have many people won the top prize in the kwiki-mart?

Advertisement