Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

I'm getting a good few donuts in the mystery box. Dying for Old Gil to have barney's bowlerama on sale. Between him, Hank Scorpio and Frink, they're the premium items I want the most.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

Has anyone seen the price of the purple house? 216000!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Town more or less rebuilt, and looking pretty damn snazzy! Although I don't have room for a few buildings such as the race track and Burns' Prison (why would a town have two prisons, and I need the one for Snake...)

Question though, I was reading TO Addicts, and they have a thread specifically for people who want neighbours who won't vandalise their buildings. What's the downside of graffiti? I just use it whenever there aren't 3 buildings I can tap on....

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ice Storm

I read that too about the graffiti and I think that the problem people have with it is that it can affect your righteousness rating?

But my righteousness is at 5 stars and friends graffiti my buildings so maybe it's changed... I dunno.

I won top prize on the dogs today, woo hoo! :):o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,309 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Does cleaning graffiti off your buildings not increase the righteousness score?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,477 ✭✭✭corkie

Level 51 - In game update!

Level 51 is here: Dr. Marvin Monroe and Frank Grimes!

Is "Grimey" worth the 160 donuts????

From the good episode "Homer's Enemy"

endacl wrote: »
    Does cleaning graffiti off your buildings not increase the righteousness score?

Building Training Walls will prevent that rating from ever dropping again!

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

corkie wrote: »
    Building Training Walls will prevent that rating from ever dropping again!

So that's why mine has gone down recently, because I've stored the multitude of those that I had. I must find somewhere fairly discrete to put them again. I knew there had to be a reason I had so many in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,905 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Our internet is broken (a lorry took a load of telephone lines with it through our town yesterday!!) so I'm trying to reserve my data and now there's an update and I can't play unless I download that update. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Our internet is broken (a lorry took a load of telephone lines with it through our town yesterday!!) so I'm trying to reserve my data and now there's an update and I can't play unless I download that update. :(

find your nearest cafe with free wifi!!! (alternatively go for a walk in the lovely weather and should you chance upon someones open network...well ;) )

also my mr.teeny has lost his walk with Krusty task! :( i was hoping they'd give him more tasks, not take it away....

• Advertisement

Mars Bar wrote: »
    hoodwinked wrote: »
    find your nearest cafe with free wifi!!! (alternatively go for a walk in the lovely weather and should you chance upon someones open network...well ;) )

also my mr.teeny has lost his walk with Krusty task! :( i was hoping they'd give him more tasks, not take it away....

Take a bus ride, they have free wifi as well!

The 'net is back!! Good work from eircom.

I'd have gone to the library at some point if it wasn't back by tomorrow.

The Terwilligers Are Coming!! (Contains Spoilers!)
    We just got word from the EA server pipeline that an update is on its way, and what an update it will be!! Springfield’s most feared and loved, if that makes any sense, criminal Sideshow Bob is about to pounce on our Springfield’s. And he’s bringing backup by way of his family, the Terwilligers!! Tapped Out’s newest unique event is right around the corner.....

Looks like it is going to be a donut expensive event!

EDIT: Terwilliger Event 2015 is Now Live!!!

Update now available for android!
    93f98c11f451b85ba16ce2f8e04dfa12_1024.png

I only have 4 donuts. :(

I want Bob damn it! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

New event is here! Just after I sent all my characters on 24 hour tasks. Always the way!

Still, I've sent Cecil on his 4 hour task so it's ok for the moment. Looking forward to this :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

Anyone having issues on iOS since the update? The game loads for me, I click to collect the daily play bonus, and then it crashes?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

cee_jay wrote: »
    Anyone having issues on iOS since the update? The game loads for me, I click to collect the daily play bonus, and then it crashes?

Mine doesn't have the update. It downloaded it but has continued as if there's no event. It's not crashing though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

Damn - I need Lisa next and she won't be available for another 13 hours. I can't store the Simpsons house and that's where her task is. Boo-urns I say!

I had just started 24 hour tasks yesterday when the update pinged. Sent Cecil on his 4 hour task, then was so busy today that by the time I got a chance to play, everyone was free. So now EVERY Springfielder I have is camped in the Brown House voting. The quota was only 4, but there's a high turn out for some reason. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

On the new Simpsons challenge, does anyone know how you earn the sweet corns? I need to earn them to upgrade the Monsanro (not sure if spelling) research place

• Advertisement

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    On the new Simpsons challenge, does anyone know how you earn the sweet corns? I need to earn them to upgrade the Monsanro (not sure if spelling) research place

Complete Cecil's tasks and send people to "Make Donation to Science". Once you upgrade to level 3, you get more options.

There is a billion things going on and I haven't a clue what's what.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I was a late starter on this thing. Looks like it's going to be around for quite a while though so I should catch up.

According to the calendar you should have 2,470 of the thingies collected by now.

I have just over 1k. :(

It's a really confusing event to me so far. There're so many different strands to follow that it feels really disjointed. Like, there're Cecil's daily tasks, but then there's story tasks, and general collection tasks, and crafting... Maybe it'll all click eventually, but right now I'm struggling to wrap my head around how to min-max it...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

Where's the calendar for this?

Ta

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

excellent ta

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭mtt_swny

Not feeling this new event at all so far! Hopefully it kicks into shape soon. Just level 2'd the research facility so that's something... I'll keep trying but even if I don't complete this whole event and win everything, I'm not too pushed. Would be cool to build a Simpsons Farm and cane field area though! Stick Cletus shack down there with them!

PS, my friends list is full but if any newer players are finding it very difficult building their friends up, gimme a shout and I'll make room for you.

One thing I really don't like about this event is that the groups change for Cecil's events and there's no way (that I can tell) to predict what you're going to need next.

So like, if I send all my Glutton characters to get a stock of corn through the 16hr task, there's a chance the next Cecil task is going to be "Send a Glutton to do X", in which case you basically write off the day's tasks for Cecil.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,309 ✭✭✭✭endacl

I know. Cecil's a prick. Never liked him...

:D

Advertisement