Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,477 ✭✭✭corkie

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    One thing I really don't like about this event is that the groups change for Cecil's events and there's no way (that I can tell) to predict what you're going to need next.

So like, if I send all my Glutton characters to get a stock of corn through the 16hr task, there's a chance the next Cecil task is going to be "Send a Glutton to do X", in which case you basically write off the day's tasks for Cecil.

You only need 1 character from each group to do Cecil's tasks, so keep one free from each group.

There is a list of 5 characters that cover all groups in this addicts post

Comic Book Guy, WolfCastle, Rod OR Todd, Quimby & Grandpa Abe

Playing on a Nexus 9 and my game keep crashing when trying to visit friends!

Just re-boot the device to see if that helps! Edit: It did help!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Sarn

I think the trick is to try and remember to leave one glutton, pessimist, brainiac etc. It'll reduce your overall income but you can make it up in Cyril's tasks.

Edit: missed Corkie's post.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I suppose it helps that Comic Book Guy qualifies as a lot of different categories. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

I'm new to this. I'm on level 11 at the mo.

I'm guitarlady862

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭mtt_swny

herisson wrote: »
    I'm new to this. I'm on level 11 at the mo.

I'm guitarlady862

I was just clearing out some ppl that don't play anymore and tried leaving room for you but it wouldn't let me add you said my list was full even though I'd removed about 10 old ones. Sorry...

Out of interest, has anyone who plays regularly just decided not to download the Terwilliger event? Just wondering.

Now that the mutant seed planting/squishing is underway, and I understand the dynamics of the event, I'm warming to it a lot more. I'm assuming the amount of mutant seeds you have at your disposal will start to increase, or else the further your name is down the list in alphabetical order, the less likely it will be that a neighbour will plant seeds in your Springfield. Just a thought, as usual it'll probably make more sense soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I have no corn. Like not one. Despite playing the past two days. I'm not sure what is going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

I've been upgrading my Monsarno building so that more of the characters have tasks that reward you with corn or fertiliser. I just realised though that it uses up the corn and fertiliser you have Earned to upgrade the building - meaning I'm not going to have enough to craft the rewards anytime soon. I'm presuming it's better to upgrade now and then use the characters to earn corn and fertiliser for the rewards as there's another 35 days in the event. Is everyone else doing the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,309 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Woshy wrote: »
    I've been upgrading my Monsarno building so that more of the characters have tasks that reward you with corn or fertiliser. I just realised though that it uses up the corn and fertiliser you have Earned to upgrade the building - meaning I'm not going to have enough to craft the rewards anytime soon. I'm presuming it's better to upgrade now and then use the characters to earn corn and fertiliser for the rewards as there's another 35 days in the event. Is everyone else doing the same?

Pretty much.

Yeah Worthy that's my plan too, just keep upgrading the centre and leave the crafting of gifts til much later

So, with the daily actions in neighbours towns - when I visit a neighbour, I get 3 daily actions (as opposed to 6 with the superhero event) and it's tapping on mutant veggies, but when I'm collecting handshakes in my town, they still appear on my buildings. Anyone know how they determine which buildings the handshakes go to or is it just random?

Woshy wrote: »

Yeah, the gifts can definitely wait. There's not much there that stands out anyway, so I'm just concentrating on Monsarno.
    mtt_swny wrote: »
    Yeah Worthy that's my plan too, just keep upgrading the centre and leave the crafting of gifts til much later

So, with the daily actions in neighbours towns - when I visit a neighbour, I get 3 daily actions (as opposed to 6 with the superhero event) and it's tapping on mutant veggies, but when I'm collecting handshakes in my town, they still appear on my buildings. Anyone know how they determine which buildings the handshakes go to or is it just random?

The handshakes could be from your friends that haven't upgraded Monsarno to LEvel3 yet so they haven't got the mutant veggies?

• Advertisement

Ah OK that makes sense! So if someone visits my Springfield and taps on 3 mutant veggies, do I get a cash/XP reward for that visit or no? Thanks!

No idea. I'm just guessing tbh. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ice Storm

Whispered wrote: »
    I have no corn. Like not one. Despite playing the past two days. I'm not sure what is going on.
    If you keep doing Cecil's tasks you should get enough corn to upgrade the Monsarno building to level 2. Then you'll be able to send characters on tasks that'll earn more corn.

Corn is the one thing I'm not short on tbh. I don't know how but I've been up around 600 pretty much constantly. Fertilizer is the real struggle for me.

The mechanics are slowly starting to make sense to me now. I'm about 1 day behind schedule in terms of spades which is irritating. But hopefully will be able to make up some ground.

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Corn is the one thing I'm not short on tbh. I don't know how but I've been up around 600 pretty much constantly. Fertilizer is the real struggle for me.

The mechanics are slowly starting to make sense to me now. I'm about 1 day behind schedule in terms of spades which is irritating. But hopefully will be able to make up some ground.

Exactly the same here. Getting all 4 of Cecils tasks done in the day is a good boost to spades.

Bit of a newbie question (I'm lvl 45 but still a relative newbie), if I clear my town of all mutant veggies, does that mean there'll be none for my neighbours to tap, or are the veggies I tap on in my town separate from the ones my visiting neighbours will see?
    (I wondered the same with the criminals in the last event)

Thanks in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭4goneConclusion

Username is 4goneConclusion if anyone wants to add me. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭blarney_boy

OK guitarlady862 and 4goneConclusion you're added, if anyone wants to add me in return I'm blarney_baron :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

OK guitarlady862 and 4goneConclusion you're added, if anyone wants to add me in return I'm blarney_baron :)

Invites sent, mrsoundie if needs be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

I just see the normal cash when I visit the friends towns. When can I leave mutant veggies?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 veliktom

Found out about this game by stumbling on this thread a few days ago, I'm enjoying it so far! If anyone wants to add me my ID is tfc12355, I'll add people from this thread who are looking for adds, cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I just see the normal cash when I visit the friends towns. When can I leave mutant veggies?

After your monsanto building is level 3 I think. Visiting friends towns doesn't really seem worth it in this event to me though, except to plant the mutant seeds.

On the crafting thing, should we stop upgrading the building at a certain point? I'm level 6 now but there is no way I'm going to get most of those prizes before they expire in 7 days. Is there an optimum strategy for this?

mtt_swny wrote: »
    Exactly the same here. Getting all 4 of Cecils tasks done in the day is a good boost to spades.

Bit of a newbie question (I'm lvl 45 but still a relative newbie), if I clear my town of all mutant veggies, does that mean there'll be none for my neighbours to tap, or are the veggies I tap on in my town separate from the ones my visiting neighbours will see?
    (I wondered the same with the criminals in the last event)

Thanks in advance!

The ones in your town are only for you. They will still see some to tap in friend visits, so clear away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

SpaceCoyote91

I think I've a fair bit of room on my friends list so add away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

Once you upgrade the building to level 7 (I think) you can't upgrade it anymore - it says wait for part 2 for more upgrades. Now that the building is completely upgraded I am concentrating on collecting stuff for the farmers market. It's very strange that you need a lot of fertiliser but the corn is easiest to collect - totally backwards!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

According to the calendar, I've somehow ended up a day ahead. Not bad! Still haven't crafted a thing yet though.

Today's tasks for me were ridiculous. 2 hour, 4,4 and 6. Unless I started before 8am and get them exactly on there was no chance to get them. It's ridiculous. Other days will be done by 6pm. There is no balance in these daily tasks things.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Agreed, I thought I was doing great today until I got home from work & saw the last task was 6hrs. Definitely not getting today's big bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,309 ✭✭✭✭endacl

5starpool wrote: »
    Today's tasks for me were ridiculous. 2 hour, 4,4 and 6. Unless I started before 8am and get them exactly on there was no chance to get them. It's ridiculous. Other days will be done by 6pm. There is no balance in these daily tasks things.
    I aim to get the first one started the night before. Haven't left any incomplete yet. On the bright side, if you're too late the last task of one day becomes the first of the next.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

about a day ahead of schedule

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭yayaitsme

wiggiemoo
    If anyone one wants to add me

Advertisement