Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

corkie wrote: »
    Rakes are just a decoration - you get 3 when you win that prize! Haven't checked if you can buy/craft more.

I also update the building to level 16 instead of crafting the market, which i did have enough for yesterday!

It was probably best to upgrade to level 19 (after that it gets too expensive)
    Level 16 is the last level to unlock a job!

More info here

The game keeps crashing when visiting friends on my Nexus 9, so have to use my N7(2012) for that purpose. Hopefully 5.1.1 gets released soon for the N9!

I havent even got 5.1 for my nexus 9 yet which is odd!

Crashing constant for me too, pain in the hole

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Calendar for Act 2 is out here.

I'm already a day ahead! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭mtt_swny

Act 2 underway, got me rakes!

Don't know whether to upgrade Monsarno to level 8 so I can unlock DNA tasks (new act 2 currency), or keep saving up for the farmers market (and my cane field:) ). I've been consistently progressing but still only got like 6000 fertiliser? Seems like it could be worth considering holding off on upgrading Monsanto??

What's everyone else's approach gonna be?

mtt_swny wrote: »
    Act 2 underway, got me rakes!

Don't know whether to upgrade Monsarno to level 8 so I can unlock DNA tasks (new act 2 currency), or keep saving up for the farmers market (and my cane field:) ). I've been consistently progressing but still only got like 6000 fertiliser? Seems like it could be worth considering holding off on upgrading Monsanto??

What's everyone else's approach gonna be?

I had 6,000 too and jumped the gun to upgrade like 4 levels this morning. Regret it now that I'm back down to 400 fertiliser. TSTOAddicts recommends holding off and saving for Farmer's Market, get that out of the way then concentrate on Monsarno.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    I had 6,000 too and jumped the gun to upgrade like 4 levels this morning. Regret it now that I'm back down to 400 fertiliser. TSTOAddicts recommends holding off and saving for Farmer's Market, get that out of the way then concentrate on Monsarno.

Interesting - I upgraded to level 13 and am now skint for fertiliser. I think I will hold off and try and get the farmers market built. It just seems like a crazy amount of fertiliser is needed, even though there's ages left on the event.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Whoops, I blew all the fertiliser I had on upgrading Monsarno.
    At level 14 in that now, so lots more people can go an tasks, but they all seem to be for corn :(

I'm just after realising, when I get the Act 2 reward, my town will have 3 prisons. :pac:

I'm Deffo holding off to try buy the market but it's so tempting to upgrade. Gonna try it out and see if I can still upgrade Monsarno by the end. It'd be cool to get all the Monsarno complex buildings bit I wouldn't be too pushed if u don't ;)

On a totally separate note, I just sussed out a way to get through neighbour visits nearly twice as quick...
    Up until now I had been hitting my 3 properties/mutant etc, then waiting for this screen...:

Screenshot_2015-04-28-22-53-18_zpswfnutjeh.png

...thinking that if I didn't, the money/xp/donuts wouldn't register and would go to waste. Turns out as soon as you hit your 3 daily actions, you can skip to the next neighbour and you still get all the money. Probably common knowledge to you guys bit this was a lovely hack for me, went through the 100 neighbours in just over 15 mins :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

^^^

I don't know if it's common knowledge, but I figured it out myself in the past.
    Was delighted when I did haha.
    Never wait for that Thanks! window now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Same as you marcbrophy, never thought to mention it because I assumed it was common knowledge & it just took me ages to figure it out on my own. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

I'm having trouble trying to started the Bart Caruso case part 2. I'm level 13 and it won't let me do anything.
    anyone any ideas?

herisson wrote: »
    I'm having trouble trying to started the Bart Caruso case part 2. I'm level 13 and it won't let me do anything.
    anyone any ideas?

I think I remember having hassle with that one, is that where Lisa and millhouse have a couple of tasks together cos Millhouse knows where Bart is? As far as I remember there's a bit if a lull between part one and part two of that storyline, but it will eventually come back to it, leaving you with the tree house, and Bart (and a new video). My advice is keep plugging away, it'll eventually come around :)

Got my second 200k win at Springfield Downs in as many weeks earlier, on a roll :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Sooooooooo went a bit mad buying land the other evening and left myself with approx 2k :o Last time I drink and tap!

I'm sort of giving up on this event. It's pretty boring at this stage and the prizes seem so far away.

I just got the Herbicide sprayer. I think this is what'll make the prizes you need to craft actually attainable. If you can get that upgraded to level 11 (costs Corn (which, let's face it we all have in bloody abundance) and DNA), you'll be getting 16 crafting materials per Bob clone instead of the 4 you get at base level.

At least, I'm hoping this is what's going to make the difference. It is a bit silly that you're being asked to spend the same resources on upgrading Monsarno, upgrading the Herbicide Sprayer AND crafting.

I'm two days ahead of schedule on gas masks now though as I'm at 4900, so hopefully that'll mean I can get a few donuts at the end. Only managed to get 4 at the end of Act 1.

I just got the Herbicide sprayer. I think this is what'll make the prizes you need to craft actually attainable. If you can get that upgraded to level 11 (costs Corn (which, let's face it we all have in bloody abundance) and DNA), you'll be getting 16 crafting materials per Bob clone instead of the 4 you get at base level.

At least, I'm hoping this is what's going to make the difference. It is a bit silly that you're being asked to spend the same resources on upgrading Monsarno, upgrading the Herbicide Sprayer AND crafting.

I'm two days ahead of schedule on gas masks now though as I'm at 4900, so hopefully that'll mean I can get a few donuts at the end. Only managed to get 4 at the end of Act 1.

I'm not impressed there's another thing to upgrade that uses crafting material. Hmm...

I have still managed to avoid levelling up to Lv.8 Monsarno, although I'm seriously considering it on account of the corn tasks I hear about. I currently only have 5000 corn, and about 8000 fertiliser. The only corn tasks I get are 4 hour criminal tasks, 8 hour youngster tasks, and 16 hour glutton tasks but they're all for measly sums. I reckon I'll get the farm still, but might just level up regardless.

What activates the herbicide sprayer BTW, I'm at 4500 has masks now. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Had been wondering why I would want to upgrade the sprayer but this would make it worth it, thanks for that. :)

mtt_swny wrote: »
    I have still managed to avoid levelling up to Lv.8 Monsarno, although I'm seriously considering it on account of the corn tasks I hear about. I currently only have 5000 corn, and about 8000 fertiliser. The only corn tasks I get are 4 hour criminal tasks, 8 hour youngster tasks, and 16 hour glutton tasks but they're all for measly sums. I reckon I'll get the farm still, but might just level up regardless.

What activates the herbicide sprayer BTW, I'm at 4500 has masks now. Cheers

Do the questline. There're two 4hr Lisa tasks (Interview at Monsarno and Ask Hard Questions), then 2 24hr Bart tasks (Hide in Treehouse and Hide in Brown House) and it'll pop up then. It's a free item and it's built instantly.

I had enough corn and DNA to get to level 7 with it straight away. It is making a difference I think. At least, I feel like I'm making slightly more progress.

But yeah, it's really really irritating that corn and fertiliser have to be used for three separate things, two of which have no set cap on them so it'll be way too easy to over upgrade and miss out on a prize...

Do the questline. There're two 4hr Lisa tasks (Interview at Monsarno and Ask Hard Questions), then 2 24hr Bart tasks (Hide in Treehouse and Hide in Brown House) and it'll pop up then. It's a free item and it's built instantly.

I had enough corn and DNA to get to level 7 with it straight away. It is making a difference I think. At least, I feel like I'm making slightly more progress.

But yeah, it's really really irritating that corn and fertiliser have to be used for three separate things, two of which have no set cap on them so it'll be way too easy to over upgrade and miss out on a prize...

Cool, thanks a lot for that, just on Barts 2nd 24 hour task now should have it later on. I think the delay was due to unlocking both Kearney and Putt-A-Lotts this week, Bart got mixed up in tasks there.

Yeah I'll definitely upgrade the sprayer, should have the farmers market in 4 days or so too, then I'll get cracking on Monsarno too.

Agreed, it totally sucks that the currency is needed for so many things, I think it'll all even out by the end of the event, hopefully

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭5h4mr0(k

On Tuesday I decided to use most of resources I'd saved for the Farmers Market on upgrading the research centre. I went as far as level 11 as there were jobs giving more fertiliser. Knocked my fertiliser stocks from about 10k to under 5k. But now I have a lot more jobs to regenerate it. Back to about 11.5k now. Should hopefully get the Farmers Market in 2/3 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Coming to the end of my fun with this game i think. Seriously considering deleting. Is there any way of giving others your donuts and stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Whispered wrote: »
    Coming to the end of my fun with this game i think. Seriously considering deleting. Is there any way of giving others your donuts and stuff?

Same here, haven't played much over the last 3-4 months. Not sure whether to blitz my town or to leave it as is and quit. Got two years of use from it, was very addictive at the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭5h4mr0(k

5h4mr0(k wrote: »
    On Tuesday I decided to use most of resources I'd saved for the Farmers Market on upgrading the research centre. I went as far as level 11 as there were jobs giving more fertiliser. Knocked my fertiliser stocks from about 10k to under 5k. But now I have a lot more jobs to regenerate it. Back to about 11.5k now. Should hopefully get the Farmers Market in 2/3 days.

Building it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Sarn

5h4mr0(k wrote: »
    Building it now.

I've got Monsarno up at level 14 and have upgraded the sprayer quite a bit so I'm going to focus on getting the market now. This is a very hands on event.

The price of the Monsarno Flower Wall is a bit ridiculous. I was going to get a nice few and make a walled campus for all the Monsarno stuff, but damn it's pricey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I finally deleted this a few days ago. Tried to give the new event ago but just completely bored of Tapped Out now. Most of the new characters i was getting were annoying (ie Database).

Finally got the Farmers Market this morning - it took a bit of work! I stopped updating anything while gathering the resources so if I get enough fertiliser I'll upgrade further. I want to get Monsarno to level 16 so the 3 hour task for Mr Teeny opens up.

Also, now I'm working on getting DNA to get the gas n grub - that's the only other thing I really want to craft

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

Is it worth it?
    I'm thinking of concentrating on gas and grub and then the farmers market

• Advertisement

It's still building (takes 24 hours) so no idea! How worth it is any of this stuff really though?! 😀

Advertisement