Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭5h4mr0(k

Is it worth it?
    I'm thinking of concentrating on gas and grub and then the farmers market

There's another quest to get the gas and grub.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

The Opera House is totally worth it for the audio it plays. Absolutely love The Italian Bob episode. :pac:

Oh, tip for anyone who's still working through the questline, build the Minimum Security Prison as soon as you unlock it. I didn't, as I already have a prison in my town (for Snake) and I didn't want another, and now I have to wait 24 hours for it to build so I can continue.

I'm almost 4 days ahead of schedule on gas masks, but still haven't crafted anything really. Up to level 16 on Monsarno and 14 on the sprayer. Probably will go to 17 and 15 respectively before concentrating on crafting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

So, playing the new update which looks interesting. I've been doing the ten minute quests to get Burns to add to the money pile. I've got to 9000/10000 and now the quest has disappeared from Burns menu - so I can't get to 100000. Anyone else have this problem?

http://tstoaddicts.com/2015/05/07/aint-no-mountain-high-everything-you-need-to-know-about-the-money-mountain/#more-26840

Apparently it's a known glitch and we just have to wait for a patch to fix it. Boo :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

The money pile is ridiculous.

• Advertisement

ShazGV wrote: »
    The money pile is ridiculous.

I just read you're supposed to take your time with it but by the end it will have cost you 5.5 million! I was saving for the chocolate tower thing and I'd much rather have that than the money pile I think.

Yeah I think it must have come up in the dialogue in the game that it'll cost that much, definitely not one I'll be rushing to upgrade for that very reason. It's annoying though because I'll want to complete the Burns task instead of it sitting in my taskbook forever!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Wait, so is the Burns money pit thing not part of the Terrwilligers update?

I can use Monty to get me some extra fertiliser? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭mtt_swny

Woshy wrote: »
    It's still building (takes 24 hours) so no idea! How worth it is any of this stuff really though?! 😀

Not that worth it at all it seems! Way too much graft for what you get! I think that might be why they sweetened the deal with some pretty daycent free items, like the money mountain with the level up, and the Opera stage.

I think the money mountain was a nice touch, kinda cool feature to see Burns emptying his pockets to build it up. Here's mine:
    Screenshot_2015-05-10-13-12-11_zpsquqnmyxt.jpg

Didn't know what to do with the Opera stage, it looked so random at first, even tried putting it on the boardwalk but it looked crap there too, and since I couldn't store it to get rid of it like the bogey looking Radioactive Man monument, I decided to do something with it. Had to spend about 500k do make it, mostly on land and a bit on decorations, but at least it has a place now :D

Screenshot_2015-05-10-13-11-22_zpswlnl6q2b.jpg

I seriously need to delete this game...!

There are now 4 crafting currencies, and the musical note things to collect.

FFS.

• Advertisement

Whyyyy?! I still haven't even saved enough for the Farmers Market yet. Though I'm not religiously logging in every time a task ends so that's probably why but STILL.

Yeah, it's getting more complicated as time goes on. I have the farmers market and gas n go which is what I wanted so that's good but the opera masks have thrown me a but. None of my characters have quests to get them yet and no dialogue boxes or anything have popped up since the update.

Woshy wrote: »
    Yeah, it's getting more complicated as time goes on. I have the farmers market and gas n go which is what I wanted so that's good but the opera masks have thrown me a but. None of my characters have quests to get them yet and no dialogue boxes or anything have popped up since the update.

Once Act 3 launches, it's Lisa you need to start it. You'll need to squish 25 of the clones, then Sideshow Bob will be the next guy you need. If it's not popping, TSTO addicts recommend visiting another town and coming back. I've also found fully quitting out of the game (depending on your phone, you can kill programs that are running in a various number of ways, or just restart the phone) helps me when things aren't triggering.

Is the Farmer's Market worth it? I'm 200 fertiliser off being able to afford it, but tbh I'd much prefer some of the smaller items like the Welcome Bob sign, the Flower Wall, Cane Fields, etc, that I actually have plans for in my town...

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭blarney_boy

Don't know if the farmers market is worth it - but it was marked as something you should craft, I have a feeling that this and the gas n gulp plus house boat will be involved in the final act?

BTW I now have tons of fertilizer but shag all DNA and corn :mad:

PPS if anyone else wants to add me as a friend I'm blarney_baron :)

• Registered Users Posts: 48 elle.en

Hi all,

Just started playing - Username is lovelylou90, and I'm in desperate need of neighbours :)

Edit to add: Just added a few usernames from the last few pages, hope that's ok!

elle.en wrote: »
    Hi all,

Just started playing - Username is lovelylou90, and I'm in desperate need of neighbours :)

My friends list is full, it won't let me delete anyone at the moment, it's just a game glitch though, I'll check again later and add you

elle.en wrote: »
    Hi all,

Edit to add: Just added a few usernames from the last few pages, hope that's ok!

I made some room there but it's still saying I can't add you cos my friend list is full. Try adding me and I'll see do you come up in my requests, username is mttswny :)

My username is MurdyWurdy - I think I have a couple of free spaces.

I've seen that a few people have the gas and grub but I'm finding it impossible to build up enough DNA. I'm still thousands off. The rewards from jobs are few and pitiful.

I was thinking there has to be an upgrade that unlocks higher paying DNA jobs, just wondering what level you have upgraded Monsarno to and have you unlocked higher paying DNA jobs?

I'm at 14 and nearly have enough fertiliser for another upgrade that gives higher payouts for corn, but even if I get that, I'd never get enough to upgrade again after that.

I think I'll cut my losses at the farmers market, forget about the gas n grub and go for the Opera mask crafted items. This event was all over the shop!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

New to the game, iv added a handful off this page, im not sure of my origin name though, its Ross something

• Advertisement

mtt_swny wrote: »
    I've seen that a few people have the gas and grub but I'm finding it impossible to build up enough DNA. I'm still thousands off. The rewards from jobs are few and pitiful.

I was thinking there has to be an upgrade that unlocks higher paying DNA jobs, just wondering what level you have upgraded Monsarno to and have you unlocked higher paying DNA jobs?

I'm at 14 and nearly have enough fertiliser for another upgrade that gives higher payouts for corn, but even if I get that, I'd never get enough to upgrade again after that.

I think I'll cut my losses at the farmers market, forget about the gas n grub and go for the Opera mask crafted items. This event was all over the shop!

Level 19. :(

I'm at 18, and have enough to upgrade again, but if I do that I'm basically kising goodbye to all the fertiliser related prizes I want. It's a really unbalanced event. With the Superhero one you had a genuine chance to get everything, here I know I'm not going to end up with the stuff I want, even though I'm logging in nearly every four hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Sarn

I have Frink's herbicide up at level 15 and just about to raise Monsarno to level 20 before stopping (that's with a few days off on holidays). In my opinion the herbicide is the quickest way to raise commodities, as each clone can give you 25 DNA/fertiliser/corn. Have enough for the Gas and Grub but don't think I'll bother. I'm going to keep accumulating and then decide at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭blarney_boy

Yeah it's an event that reward higher level players, if you're only at level 18 you're not going to have enough characters to send on jobs which is the only way to grind out craft items, I have gas n gulp and farmers market but it was a real chore to get them, the simpsons house boat might be a craft item too far!

The super heroes event was very fair as players of all levels could earn all the prizes, thankfully that event occurred when I was a lowly level 16 . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 22,309 ✭✭✭✭endacl

My levels are at theatre 6, herbicide 21, and monsarno 26. Still miles off making anything. I'll stop upgrading at this point and see how we go. Would be happy with gas n grub, houseboat, and farmers market. Don't expect to get them though.

endacl wrote: »
    My levels are at theatre 6, herbicide 21, and monsarno 26. Still miles off making anything. I'll stop upgrading at this point and see how we go. Would be happy with gas n grub, houseboat, and farmers market. Don't expect to get them though.

That's an interesting approach, upgrade all of the "stations" and wait until now to start saving up crafting resources.

From what I can see, you've as good a chance of getting good those 3 items as anyone else, regardless of approach.

My initial approach was to hold off upgrading Monsarno from act 2 from act 2 and just keep got good for the Farmers market, as advised by a lot of ppl, but when I saw ppl that didn't go about it that way and did upgrade Monsarno had gotten the Farmers market before me, I said feck this and upgraded it too. Eventually got the farmers market a few days ago.

Now I'm about 1200 DNA off the Gas n Grub, I really want that as I'm hoping it counts towards the consumerism rating and not the gluttony. If anyone can clear that up that'd be sound. If I get the boat by the end that'd be cool. I reckon there'll be an extra week at the end of this act too, a bit like the Radioactive Man monument thing in the superhero event, which will give some extra time to get crafting.

I gained a lot of extra characters since this event started, so will be happy when it's over so I can get back to sending them all on jobs.

Best thing about this event has been that you're not getting hit up for handshakes so you can collect your cash nice and evenly!

If anybody wants to add me, my origin is Rossi_IRL i think

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    If anybody wants to add me, my origin is Rossi_IRL i think

I've had problems adding ppl, for whatever reason it doesn't seem to let me but if you add me, I'll be able to accept it. Username is mttswny

mtt_swny wrote: »
    I've had problems adding ppl, for whatever reason it doesn't seem to let me but if you add me, I'll be able to accept it. Username is mttswny

I sent you a request yesterday

Anyone else a bit bored of it all? It says event ends in 4 days but I think I should get the houseboat, smokehouse and the last character reward for the musical notes. Although, I am due a baby any day now so it's a race between baby arriving and getting the last bits. I can't see me logging in between contractions!n

• Advertisement

I got the Smokehouse. But tbh it seems totally futile now. For the houseboat I need 9000+ masks, but for another quest I need 2000 masks to upgrade the operahouse to Level 10.

I just don't have enough characters in my town to grind out enough resources.

I got the final character from the notes yesterday. I'm just going to focus on getting a few free donuts now. If I get the Houeboat, all well and good, but I'm not holding out much hope. The crafting prices are ridiculously high IMO.

Advertisement