Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

I'm working towards crafting the Homer decoy, should get that today & after that I don't really care. I'll probably just craft things to use up the resources I've collected.

PS Congrats on the impending arrival Woshy! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭mtt_swny

Yeah a bit bored alright.

I got the farmers market, gas and grub, smokehouse on the way too. At about 4500 masks, I might end up with the houseboat too, probably not though, in which case I'll craft another set of opera seats. I'll end up with the last character too :)

All in all a bit of a stale event full of ridiculous and contradictory targets

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭blarney_boy

Wouldn't worry about upgrading the opera house, get the houseboat, looks great anchored next to the captains houseboat!

Just crafting extra ticket offices and opera seats now until the event ends in a couple of days

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

Thanks for the good wishes. I'd love baba just to get here but I want the houseboat too. Priorities and all that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

Got the houseboat today so everything I really wanted to craft has been done. Will see what extra bits I can get over the next 2 days!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Im lvl 13 now and barts treehouse is still locked , even though it says it unlocks at lvl 12.

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Im lvl 13 now and barts treehouse is still locked , even though it says it unlocks at lvl 12.

Hang in there, it'll eventually become available. I think there are a few steps to the process of getting the tree house, but there's nothing up with your game it'll work out soon.

It's kind of common to unlock characters/buildings a few levels after they "become available", as most of them involve a quest line coming to an end before we get access to them.
    The more characters you start to unlock, the greater the chance there is of a backlog developing, as certain quest lines use multiple characters, some of which may be needed for several quest lines at once.

For example, Sanjay's House and the Ah Fudge! Factory become available at levels 39 & 40 respectively, but I didn't get access to them until last week, at level 49. Happens all the time really.

In fairness, the treehouse is a common puzzler for many people, as there doesn't seem to be much explanation as to why you have to wait :)

Has anyone heard about a possible extension to the event, like there was at the end of the Superhero event, with the few extra days battling the statue?

The reason I ask is if I had an extra day or so, I could get the house boat, but I don't want to hold out and have all of my resources go to waste. Any way I can find out? I'd use tstoaddicts more, but I find their menus very unhelpful and confusing to navigate.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,309 ✭✭✭✭endacl

mtt_swny wrote: »
    Has anyone heard about a possible extension to the event, like there was at the end of the Superhero event, with the few extra days battling the statue?

NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

:eek::eek::eek:

Okaaaaay then... :D

• Advertisement

Didn't wait to see if there'd be a couple day's extension so used up what I had left and crafted some stuff. Missed out on the House boat and Homer decoy unfortunately.

All in all I crafted: The Farmers Market, Smokehouse, Gas And Grub, 1 extra Opera seats, 1 extra Opera booth, 1 cane field. I got all of the Monsarno buildings too, as I'm sure most people who managed to catch the event from the beginning did.

Chuffed this event is over, but I like all of the above-mentioned items and there was a good amount of new characters added to my town too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Event over?

I'm afraid to look :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Sarn

Still going. I've managed to get everything except the welcome Bob sign and just need one more task for the cactus patch.

I might have enough for the rotating Homer then if I log in.
    Got most of the other stuff, but no interest in the patches of grass or cactus (I don't exactly decorate my town, just shove stuff in free spaces :D )

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Seems like it's going on until midnight, at least according to my countdown clock. Hopefully that'll be it though.

^^^
    Think that's for Cecil's tasks. They reset at midnight every day.
    The actual event timer was due to end at 9am this morning and is blank now, for me at least :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Hoping to get till this evening, I have everyone doing mask tasks as I'm so close to the simpsons boat house!

Why won't it end?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Update is on the way according to TSTOaddicts.

Bit of a cluster-f*ck really. I spent all my theatre masks because I thought "Well, I'm 4,000 off the Houseboat, I'm not getting it." two days ago, but the bloody event is still going on, so I'm majorly pissed off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

Almost impossible to get everything, loads I didn't manage to get, to much upgrading and visiting friends unlike other events wasn't worth the effort.

Happy with the new characters but not a great even overall.

Looking forward to the one they eventually introduce Maggie

And for god sake EA please will you add more land, no point have loads of new stuff if we've nowhere to put it

• Advertisement

I heard it might be another week :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,309 ✭✭✭✭endacl

mtt_swny wrote: »
    I heard it might be another week :D

Holimudderajayziz.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Update available for iOS, they're not dragging it out any longer. :p

ShazGV wrote: »
    Update available for iOS, they're not dragging it out any longer. :p

Yupyup!

I noticed there were a few of my neighbours updated, no Android update as of yet but I'm sure its on the way :D

*Edit, downloading... Aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh

Looks like only the main Monsarno building will generate income, as will the Opera house. The sprayer is useless too.

The glitch with the spraycans that allows you to hit up to 6 daily actions as opposed to the official 3 in neighbours towns is still there though, I thought they might have copped on to that by now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

i just made the houseboat just now, 4 masks left after crafting it :D

200 cash every 12 hours!

still sad i missed out on the homer decoy though,

hoodwinked wrote: »
    i just made the houseboat just now, 4 masks left after crafting it :D

200 cash every 12 hours!

still sad i missed out on the homer decoy though,

Fair play, that's cool that ye managed to get it. I was down to a couple hundred masks after pretty much wasting all resources crafting before the update, if I held out I'd have got it but ah well!

Springfield towns look so strange now without Bob clones milling around. Missed them for about 2 seconds! :P

I hope they wait a couple of weeks at least before introducing a new task based update. It's nice to log in once or twice a day, collect money from buildings and send people on long tasks for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

5starpool wrote: »
    I hope they wait a couple of weeks at least before introducing a new task based update. It's nice to log in once or twice a day, collect money from buildings and send people on long tasks for a while.

Agreed. I'm going to keep the Terwilligers around until I'm forced to update, as I reckon I can probably grind another 2-6 donuts out of it if I get 2 more days and I've always found getting donuts hard so can't really pass up an opportunity. But once that's done, I want some time to just enjoy my town a bit. Do some reorganising and stuff, without the incessant grinding.

• Advertisement

5starpool wrote: »

Agreed. Gonna just put everyone on long tasks, click in once a day to collect monies and my daily amount/mystery box and leave it at that for a bit.

Advertisement