Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭mtt_swny

Just wondering what you mean by hoping there's no task-based update for a while? Is that like when you've played through the max level and they only add new quests a very once in a while? I'm lv. 50 so still a bit of questing to do.

On another note, I got 30 donuts in the mystery Box earlier, chuffed and 7 days till I get corn, actual corn. Don't know if it makes sense to plant that again!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

^^^
    If you were to farm moonshine once a day for 90 days, you turn a profit of $40,500 and if you do corn, you get $34,000 profit.

The downside with the moonshine is, you have to remember to log in each day at a certain time, which once you reach max level and have no new tasks is a bit harder to do, to collect and kick off the new task.

The downside with the corn is, you have to wait 3 whole months for any payout :D

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

The upside with the corn is that you only have to do it once every 90 days :)

Ya, once you reach the max level then in between level up quests and special events (like Christmas, this Terwilliger one, the Clash of Clans one, etc) you get a while where you aren't really prompted for anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,477 ✭✭✭corkie

In-game update! - Level 53 - Malibu Stacy content!

Lisa vs. Malibu Stacy

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭jurahnimoh

Just back playing this after a good break, forgot how addictive it can be, add away if ye like its jurahnimho7

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

So now that the event is over (I got the forced update last night), what've you guys done with your Monsarno buildings?

This is mine:

LpRbLXL.jpg

My original idea was to have the flower walls all around the outside instead of the generic red wall but it was too expensive, so settled for the two in front of the main building. The ticket booth only sort of works, and personally I would have liked to fully pave it with pavement, but it won't let me place it near some buildings.

Post yis'r pics!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

Looks good

I just stored mine, until they release an update with some decent land to purchase I don't have space

That's a cool build there man, nicely done!

Mine are arranged the same as they have been since I got them, nothing special done with them at all

Screenshot_2015-05-30-00-54-38_zps1zzmyubp.jpg

I like the idea of using the red wall, nice compromise on the Monsarno wall. I have thought about doing something a bit more permanent and finished with them, so I'll definitely post an update if I do it, but land is at a premium now and I already used a sizeable chunk doing the Opera "pit"! Here it is updated and finished, total waste for just the Opera house but I like it :D

Screenshot_2015-05-30-00-53-42_zpsi86dwy5m.jpg

mtt_swny wrote: »
    That's a cool build there man, nicely done!

Mine are arranged the same as they have been since I got them, nothing special done with them at all

Wow! That Opera House is bloody class! I love the layout of the seats in the middle and cool layered effect at the sides. :)

Also, I'd completely forgotten about the founder statue for Monsarno until I saw it in yours! I've it currently in my park area with all the other statues (Jebediah, Leprechaun, etc) but I reckon it'll look perfect in that empty courtyard area I have in my Monsarno. I put a fountain in there after I took the pic (had just unlocked Burns' mansion and a fountain unlocked with it) but the statue makes way more sense. :)

Yeah the statue will look good there alright, should finish the setup off nicely! I really like the way the complex is laid out in your design.

Yeah I tried to use the benches in the opera house walls as steps, they were pretty much the best looking item to use :)

Anyone else think that the Monsarno buildings should each generate income? Even the secondary Christmas items like the elf tunnel and the cannon control building give out a few quid, so it would have been a nice touch by EA to do the same with the Monsarno complex, considering the excessive grinding in the last event.

• Advertisement

Anyone else not bothering with Krustyland?
    Can't remember the last time I visited it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

I never even built it due to reading this thread.

I'm not far off getting it to 5 stars, at which point I doubt I'll go near it again. Got to get that golden bus stop :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,309 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Just use it as a dump. Anything I don't want (stupid Easter event prizes), that the game won't let me sell, and that can be placed in KrappyLand, goes straight to KrappyLand.

TBH, I don't think the developers bother with it either. When's the last time we were prompted to do domething there? Would be better to include it as part if the main town.

Also, more boardwalk tiles, please. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭blarney_boy

Yeah, I'm just after unlocking the Princess in KrustyLand, don't think I'll bother returning after this, a month of grinding tickets for a single character != an enjoyable experience!

Screenshot_2015-06-05-01-54-52_zpsewxkeo0w_edit_1433466555064_zpsw0v5op4u.jpg

About damn time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

After nearly three years of playing this I blitzed my town and removed the app today. It's gotten too demanding trying to get stuff lately that you need to login multiple times a day to get things and I was missing out on most of the new stuff because of it. Great game though, an addictive one and glad I didn't invest too much money in it, would of been harder to delete :D

DubDJ wrote: »
    After nearly three years of playing this I blitzed my town and removed the app today. It's gotten too demanding trying to get stuff lately that you need to login multiple times a day to get things and I was missing out on most of the new stuff because of it. Great game though, an addictive one and glad I didn't invest too much money in it, would of been harder to delete :D

Nearly there myself. If there was a way to 'gift' buildings and characters I'd probably drop it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

endacl wrote: »
    Nearly there myself. If there was a way to 'gift' buildings and characters I'd probably drop it now.

Was thinking the same myself, few on here like corkie who were very helpful and always handing out tips for the game. Would of been handy to transfer some of the premium or limited time stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

ye I've over 600 donuts, which I'd like to be able to give away, if/when I delete the game.

Still waiting for Old Gil to have a good sale on Hank Scorpio and Frink labs before I start my spending spree.

• Advertisement

The_B_Man wrote: »
    ye I've over 600 donuts, which I'd like to be able to give away, if/when I delete the game.

Still waiting for Old Gil to have a good sale on Hank Scorpio and Frink labs before I start my spending spree.

Where in the name of jaysus did you get that many? I've been scrimping and saving for months and don't even have 100 yet.

I really want the Steel Mill and the unicorn... :\

Got Otto, Jimbo and Shauna from Gil's sale. Now all I need is Dolph to complete the Toughie set. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,477 ✭✭✭corkie

DubDJ wrote: »
    Was thinking the same myself, few on here like corkie who were very helpful and always handing out tips for the game. Would of been handy to transfer some of the premium or limited time stuff.

Still around and still playing ( barely ). Completed the Money Mountain today!

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Where in the name of jaysus did you get that many? I've been scrimping and saving for months and don't even have 100 yet.

I really want the Steel Mill and the unicorn... :\

Do ye not get at least one a day from the neighbour visits? I bought random mystery boxes for a good while and got some good stuff, Kearney, Dolf, random items to boost the % rating on jobs... I gave it up a while ago and started saving the donuts though, averaging apx. 10 per week from neighbour visits.

mtt_swny wrote: »
    Do ye not get at least one a day from the neighbour visits? I bought random mystery boxes for a good while and got some good stuff, Kearney, Dolf, random items to boost the % rating on jobs... I gave it up a while ago and started saving the donuts though, averaging apx. 10 per week from neighbour visits.

You visit neighbours? When there's no event on?!?

Crazy...

endacl wrote: »
    You visit neighbours? When there's no event on?!?

Crazy...

Haha I don't know whether that's sarcasm or not :D But yeah, I generally need to for the cash boost! I have some houses but not ridiculous amounts!

I've never got a donut from visiting neighbours and I do it every day. Do you need to have maxed out the neighbour limit or something?

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    I've never got a donut from visiting neighbours and I do it every day. Do you need to have maxed out the neighbour limit or something?

I think that's when it kicks in yeah, and when you've collected all of the friend point prizes, at which point the cash you collect triples. I wouldn't get any donuts at all if it wasn't for the neighbour visits, so that and the 50k a day are my incentive for completing the daily visits. It can be a bit tedious at times to be fair though!

Screenshot_2015-06-17-00-07-58_zpsrdqlsp0m.jpg

How is everyone getting on with the money mountain - still building, or ditched it? I saw a few completed ones already. I got it to level 7-8, but to be honest I hardly add to it as it'd just deplete all my cash.

• Advertisement

Completed the money mountain, still have about 15 million that I can't spend.
    Waiting on the next update to have land expansion so I can buy that

Advertisement