Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I'm about to finish level 7 of the mountain.
    Why does it take longer to complete at each level.
    You actually can't even throw away your money quickly in the game :D

What's the deal with the swimming pool, is that another cash dump like the money mountain?

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭mtt_swny

Completed the money mountain, still have about 15 million that I can't spend.
    Waiting on the next update to have land expansion so I can buy that

15 million wow that's a lot! I take in about 120k a day, from jobs, buildings and visits but whenever I save about a million, it gets creased again for having to buy new buildings. I take it it's easier to save when you've maxed out in levels yeah? I always tried not to house Farm but that's not even a realistic option anymore. I hear the land expansion is pretty rare yeah, I've got roughly 2and a half strips to go and a bit of ocean too.

marcbrophy wrote: »
    I'm about to finish level 7 of the mountain.
    Why does it take longer to complete at each level.
    You actually can't even throw away your money quickly in the game :D

What's the deal with the swimming pool, is that another cash dump like the money mountain?

Im on Level 8 and that's slow, I just stalled up altogether on that. You have to put 500k into it, there's an option to spend 100k at a time but it's a 16hr task, the smallest is a 25k spend, at 2 hrs. My problem is cash flow!

I think the swimming pool was different, just a decoration, could be wrong though. It gives a consumerism boost too I think. I didn't get it, it was part of an event/limited edition item as far as I know?

mtt_swny wrote: »
    Im on Level 8 and that's slow, I just stalled up altogether on that. You have to put 500k into it, there's an option to spend 100k at a time but it's a 16hr task, the smallest is a 25k spend, at 2 hrs. My problem is cash flow!

I think the swimming pool was different, just a decoration, could be wrong though. It gives a consumerism boost too I think. I didn't get it, it was part of an event/limited edition item as far as I know?

Just checked it out on wikia there

http://simpsonstappedout.wikia.com/wiki/Pool

Seems there only 3 levels, which is grand, thought I might be upgrading it forever like the money pile. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

15 million wow that's a lot! I take in about 120k a day, from jobs, buildings and visits but whenever I save about a million, it gets creased again for having to buy new buildings. I take it it's easier to save when you've maxed out in levels yeah? I always tried not to house Farm but that's not even a realistic option anymore. I hear the land expansion is pretty rare yeah, I've got roughly 2and a half strips to go and a bit of ocean too.

Never farmed, don't see the point, send the townsfolk on 24hr tasks
    At this stage I just pop in once a day waiting on the next update

• Advertisement

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Just checked it out on wikia there

http://simpsonstappedout.wikia.com/wiki/Pool

Seems there only 3 levels, which is grand, thought I might be upgrading it forever like the money pile. :D

Ah that pool, I thought you meant the money pool :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,477 ✭✭✭corkie

App store update! - More land finally available!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Sarn

Not another event so soon. Time to get those sporty fingers out!

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Each event seems to get more convoluted than the previous one at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

5starpool wrote: »
    Each event seems to get more convoluted than the previous one at this point.

I actually haven't a notion what's going on. Why can't they be simpler like the stonecutters event or Christmas 2013 event.

• Advertisement

I'm still doing the Ruth Powers stuff from level 54, so now i have 2 quest lines going on that have nothing to do with each other, but are being held up by using the same characters! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,309 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Wellyd wrote: »
    I actually haven't a notion what's going on. Why can't they be simpler like the stonecutters event or Christmas 2013 event.

I'll just leave this here...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

So did we all start with the same 4 for the new event?

Homer, lisa, apu and ned?

Have any of ye unlocked any new people to use for the event?

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    So did we all start with the same 4 for the new event?

Homer, lisa, apu and ned?

Have any of ye unlocked any new people to use for the event?

No thats the 4 I have. Football Nelson is there for about 80 donuts too but I'm not gonna bother buying him. I think Millhouse will have a sports character soon too as far as I can see.

I'm kinda cramming in the tap ball items so far, might need to fork out for a bit of land to place them all once they start building up. Could be a pretty decent event and already better than the last one...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

I'm kinda cramming in the tap ball items so far, might need to fork out for a bit of land to place them all once they start building up. Could be a pretty decent event and already better than the last one...

I havnt unlocked any yet, short of the tokens

• Registered Users Posts: 22,309 ✭✭✭✭endacl

I honestly couldn't be arsed with this one...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

Just a quick question in the football game, when two players of equal stars compete has anyone won the coin toss??? i've lost every single one and im starting to get suspicious.... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

hoodwinked wrote: »
    Just a quick question in the football game, when two players of equal stars compete has anyone won the coin toss??? i've lost every single one and im starting to get suspicious.... :rolleyes:

I usually win them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

Woshy wrote: »
    I usually win them!

ah just my terrible luck re-surfacing then :D

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I've about a 50/50 ratio in them. This is a bit of a pain of an event. Yet again, visiting friends as part of it doesn't seem too incentivised either so I don't think I'll bother with it at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

Just a heads up in case some of you haven't noticed. If you have the KBBL radio station you get some of the fake money stuff for broadcasting KBBL sports (the 16hr task).

I'm actually enjoying it so far. I'm up at night a bit at the moment feeding a newborn so the 4 hour recharge time works well for me. I can log in at night while I'm feeding her!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I don't really like that you've no real way of knowing what order to put your squad in before a match. I actually like the Top Trumps-esque feel of Tap Ball, but the blind nature of going into it is a bit annoying.

Also, the matchmaking system is so sh*te. I woke up this morning to find out I'd lost 3 matches while I was asleep. Check my results, 3 defeats to random 5-star teams.

I'm 1.5 stars.

Yeah I got burned by a few 5 star teams too. There's one or two of then that must be using hacks or something as they've gone to 4-5 stars suspiciously fast! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Every time I try to visit a neighbour it crashes. Anyone else?

What device are you playing on? My Nexus 9 crashes on visiting friends (did the same on the last event) have to resort to visiting on My Nexus 7('12)!

It happened to me a couple of times in a row yesterday, but I'd already visited 4-5 of my neighbours at that point so it wasn't happening straight away. I closed the app, force topped it and that seemed to sort the issue.

I'm playing on a note 4 and most of my neighbours visits have been extremely laggy of late and I think it's due to the recent update to the OS (Lollipop), but the crashing seemed to be something different.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

corkie wrote: »
    What device are you playing on? My Nexus 9 crashes on visiting friends (did the same on the last event) have to resort to visiting on My Nexus 7('12)!

Nexus 9 as well, gave my 7 to my daughter so can't do that. Might install on the 5 to see if that works.

Did you get the andoid update to work? 5.1.1 fails every time for me.

Same issue with this event. Amateur bucks are way too sparse to make getting the stuff you want a realistic endeavour. Especially if, like me, you only have the 4 characters with jobs that pay a measly 4 per 4 hour task, and when you're only getting 20 per game of Tap Ball because you're playing 2.5 star teams so you actually have a chance at winning it just makes the multiple hundreds you need plus the multiple hundreds you need to upgrade your players all the more annoying.

I get that it's a freemium game, but even a slight increase in payouts could preserve the grind that you'd expect while still making it realistic to play for free.

• Advertisement

Nexus 9 as well,

Did you get the andoid update to work? 5.1.1 fails every time for me.

I flash the factory image, which can be done without wiping data (if your bootloader is already unlocked)!

Advertisement