Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Why am I always halfway through 24 hour tasks when an event starts... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

Same or me - very frustrating. After my recent issues I was worried it was just me though so I am relieved to hear other people are having the same problem.

I'm enjoying the monorail so far but because I couldn't connect for a week I'm still doing lots of work on Sptingfield Heights. Balancing the two is a bit difficult - the tasks use a lot of the same characters

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

http://tstogame.com/2015/08/11/conductor-homer-is-glitched-will-crash-your-game/

Apparently if you place a station it fixes the problem - you can do this after earning 3000 blueprints.

It says:.

Once you place a station, this glitch will correct itself. The problem is you unlock Conductor Homer before you unlock a station, so the game just doesn’t know what to do with that information and crashes. To place a station you need to collect 3,000 blueprints. It’s the first price of act one.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,309 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Woshy wrote: »
    http://tstogame.com/2015/08/11/conductor-homer-is-glitched-will-crash-your-game/

Apparently if you place a station it fixes the problem - you can do this after earning 3000 blueprints.

It says:.

Once you place a station, this glitch will correct itself. The problem is you unlock Conductor Homer before you unlock a station, so the game just doesn’t know what to do with that information and crashes. To place a station you need to collect 3,000 blueprints. It’s the first price of act one.

You don't even need to go that far. I've homer conducting away. No station yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Springfield Heights definitely on the backburner now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

What triggers the monorail event guys?

Do I need to be level 57 or something? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Sarn

It's just a regular update.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,309 ✭✭✭✭endacl

marcbrophy wrote: »
    What triggers the monorail event guys?

Do I need to be level 57 or something? :)

App Store update. It's not an automatic one.

iYaMbnC.jpg

Here's a not-so-fun glitch I now have on this quest...

I have the updated game from play store, it says it's the monorail update in the description, but nothing happens when I load the game.

All my characters are available, there's no one doing a task.

I must check out the tsto addicts site to see what I'm doing wrong! :D

Ah, nevermind. My stupid phone failed to download the update, even after I pressed the button to update the app :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭brianomc

I also have the same glitch as wnolan1992. I have a feeling this will be a time consuming update. With the tapball you only had to check in every 4 hours. Hopefully it's not as bad as it seems.

Also I can no longer store Springfield Heights buildings which is a pity, I was building...upgrade fully...store, rinse and repeat. Cant so that anymore. I had 't made any effort with a decent layout for here and really cant see myself doing that if I have the same buildings all over the place.

brianomc wrote: »
    I also have the same glitch as wnolan1992. I have a feeling this will be a time consuming update. With the tapball you only had to check in every 4 hours. Hopefully it's not as bad as it seems.

Also I can no longer store Springfield Heights buildings which is a pity, I was building...upgrade fully...store, rinse and repeat. Cant so that anymore. I had 't made any effort with a decent layout for here and really cant see myself doing that if I have the same buildings all over the place.

I think once the plastic depot and stuff unlock, checkins will be less frequent. I hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Hadn't played in a few months. Checked in today after seeing the new icon (app auto updated) and ended up with 33 jobs pending :pac:

Most of them involving Lisa.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

Have that glitch with Rev Lovejoy, have -243 counsel couples to go.
    24hr task I think not

Have that glitch with Rev Lovejoy, have -243 counsel couples to go.
    24hr task I think not

I also have it with the minigolf challenge for either Rod or Todd...

Not sure whether to contact EA about it or not as it's not really affecting me that much as those characters aren't important for the event and I don't tend to do questlines during events so I can just keep plugging away and be done by the time the event is over....

I wouldn't mind some free donuts though... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

I have a glitch like that with luighi, he has -130/1 pizzas to toss. I'll keep going with it see where it get...

The cap on Project Board projects is rather annoying. I finished all of todays by 12 noon... I needs the donuts at the end guys... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

Likewise, stupid cap makes the whole thing very boring

Likewise, stupid cap makes the whole thing very boring

It artificially pads out how long it takes you to reach the goal, so that you might not be able to get extra donuts if you finish early! :(

At least, that's the way I'm picking it up!

It upsets me to an unreasonable degree that the railing doesn't line up on these pieces...

t34223Q.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Running Balance

Have ye guys out there got ray Patterson yet. I m about 12k short but hopefully will make it up tomorrow. If I don't is it worth spending 30/40 doughnuts on it??

Ray has 4-5 short tasks and then you can use him to collect garbage for the dump.
    If you need another guy doing this, then he may be worth it to you :)

Save up and make sure you have the max amount of cans and bottles before spending them on the tasks board.
    Buy the right most tasks as often as you can, and you have a good chance of hitting the target :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

I'm only at 69k and don't think I will hit it to unlock him. Grinding away to try and hit targets but its not enough.

The 1 hour turn around on the Metal Depot is a real bottleneck. If you're not constantly checking in, I find it's incredibly difficult to complete a couple of the right hand tasks in a day.

A 2 hour turnaround for 15 metal would be far better IMO.

Aw man, the stretch goals don't pay out donuts this time, just pieces of track for the monorail.

WHAT A JIP! :mad: :P :mad:

Oh, and to answer an earlier question, I honestly don't think Ray Patterson is worth donuts if you're a Freemium player. Like, if you get it down to less than ten, then maybe go for it if you want a new character, but tbh he's not great. 5 extremely short tasks in his questline, another guy to collect trash for the dump (but tbh you don't really need people for that, I make do with 3-4 people and just spam until I hit the cap), and he isn't even voiced.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Hey guys, has anyone had this problem before? My son went onto his Springfield and many of his things are now missing from it. In particular a racing car which he saved donuts for. And also he had done up a park area and that's all gone. He's upstairs sulking now atm but he said that there was something on it earlier saying there wasn't enough storage space.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Didn't get yer man at the end of first run there. Don't really mind as I got all the track pieces.

Trying to log on regular to get max duct tape.

Need some more friends..

Mrsflushdraw is my tapped out SN, if you want to add me :)

Didn't get yer man at the end of first run there. Don't really mind as I got all the track pieces.

Trying to log on regular to get max duct tape.

Need some more friends..

Mrsflushdraw is my tapped out SN, if you want to add me :)

TSTOaddicts is a great place to find neighbours. I posted my username there two days ago and have got like 30 requests based on it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 tic tac lady

babyblue2589 is my username would love some new neighbours!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Light_Sleeper

I really liked it but it became really boring very quickly.

Advertisement