Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

keano_afc wrote: »
    Cant believe the end of the game has occurred without Lionel Hutz and Troy McClure. Gutted

Considering the amount of one off characters that have been released, I'd be surprised if either character was ever added. Both were retired a long time ago.

Olympics event is live. Starts with Lisa. Two six second tasks then onto three hours. Runs until the 16th.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Should be a nice relaxed mini-event. Just what we needed I'd say. :)

New futuristic event is live. Homer starts with a series of 6 second tasks before introducing the mini game.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    New futuristic event is live. Homer starts with a series of 6 second tasks before introducing the mini game.

I got a feeling this morning that I shouldn't put them on 24 hour tasks today... Is it a good or bad thing that I intuitively know what the game is going to do now? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Do you have to update manually? there was nothing for me today? Just put everyone on 8 hour tasks except Homer though!

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭garbeth

It's a App Store update. It was released last night for IOS not sure if android have it yet

• Registered Users Posts: 17,083 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

garbeth wrote:
    It's a App Store update. It was released last night for IOS not sure if android have it yet

Yup it's on Android

I can't figure out SciFighter at all. Seems like no matter what I do I only get like 10 seconds before they overrun it.

The flashes are nonsensically rare.

As are the robot parts for the 3D printer.

I've a feeling this event is going to be a slog despite the cool premise.

The new Kwik-e-Mart skin for the event is pretty cool though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Sarn

Strange, the robots have never managed to touch my Scifighter. I've only used two flashes so far. Finding it fairly easy.

It certainly does look like another grind. Can't see myself getting everything.

• Advertisement

I thought the SciFighter was easy. Only used a flash because the task wouldn't go away otherwise. Haven't even been hit yet. I did make sure there were no buildings close to it though so there is no chance of anyone sneaking up.

Here is a calendar of daily totals to keep up with.

https://tstoaddicts.files.wordpress.com/2016/08/sci-fi-act-1-calendar.png

I find it handy to see where I should be at

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I have a daily task to spend future bucks!
    What on earth is a future buck?

Damn kids and your future monies :(

Once you create all the demos for one item in the 3D printer you can buy more with future bucks. Buying with future bucks doesn't level up the printer

You have to buy 10 tulips to buy more with future bucks.

Oh I get it now, makes perfect sense.

I'm sure the game explained this to me, but I didn't see it at all :)

I think I'm just bad at SciFighter tbh. I can't tap the robots fast enough and I always get overrun. I'm finding this event a real slog tbh. I only have like 3,000 of whatever it is we're collecting for the main prize track, way off of even getting Prize 2, so I doubt I'll be getting all the prizes this time. Which is a shame, because I wanted Sgt Skinner...

Getting a measly 1 piece every time you tap a robot in the game is very stingy IMO.

I'm not a massive distance beyond you, have less than 5000 items at the moment.

As for the robot game, I seem to have it's trick, because I've never been overrun, but if you are about to be, you have those items in the top right corner that gets rid of them all on screen.

Also, I don't think that I've ever tapped a robot outside of the mini-game, as I think you get less than when playing it.

marcbrophy wrote: »
    I'm not a massive distance beyond you, have less than 5000 items at the moment.

As for the robot game, I seem to have it's trick, because I've never been overrun, but if you are about to be, you have those items in the top right corner that gets rid of them all on screen.

Also, I don't think that I've ever tapped a robot outside of the mini-game, as I think you get less than when playing it.

Yeah, I'd imagine that's why I'm lagging behind tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭brianomc

I think that when you start the mini game it just clears your town of robots, giving you the robot parts etc. You can see the quantities just before it starts. If you play the mini game and then do the trick posted it says your town is out of robots.

So whether you search for robots or just play the mini game every 4 hours it shouldn't make a difference. That assumes you can play every 4 hours and not just once a day when your robots have hit their max per town cap. In that case you will fall behind on parts alright

You get 2 parts per robot in the mini-game and only 1 in general play!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Running Balance

God is this a massive slog or am i missing something?

Logging in constantly 3 times daily and only on 6,000. Miss one day and no chance of getting skinner i d imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

God is this a massive slog or am i missing something?

Logging in constantly 3 times daily and only on 6,000. Miss one day and no chance of getting skinner i d imagine

I'm the same. It's an event that no matter how much you'd log in you'd feel like you're getting nowhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Running Balance

KKkitty wrote:
    I'm the same. It's an event that no matter how much you'd log in you'd feel like you're getting nowhere.

I wonder will the daily bonus/task include a couple of daily 1000 parts tasks to help keep up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

I wonder will the daily bonus/task include a couple of daily 1000 parts tasks to help keep up.

I really hope so because if not how many will get the final prize without spending donuts. For those who can't afford to buy extra donuts this is a hard event.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭brianomc

It does, I've had 2 tasks so far that generated 1100 each. I'm turning down all the future bucks tasks though, I can't see myself wanting any more of the decorations.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

I only have 6395 right now and been logging on 4 times a day and going to my neighbours which I usually forget to do. Only discovered by accident that I didnt need to craft more holo tulips when I clicked the button at the end of the level up bar!

I must play this game far too often. I have 9362 so I'm on track. You need 1800 a day to get all the prizes

How much are you guys getting from SciFighter each time? I was get <200 whether I win or lose.

I'm on 5500 now. I think I'm gaining ground and have upped it to 5 logins a day now so I'll hopefully gain more ground this week. Skinner doesn't look likely though unless the daily tasks are kind to me.

Anyone feel the Act 1 storyline with Stephen Hawking is dragging? In previous events they seemed to keep it fairly snappy with a few tasks in each Act, but each time I finish a mission there's another waiting. And, IMO, this is one of the poorer written events since I started playing almost two years ago. Story isn't engaging at all IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,481 ✭✭✭corkie

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    How much are you guys getting from SciFighter each time? I was get <200 whether I win or lose.

I'm on 5500 now. I think I'm gaining ground and have upped it to 5 logins a day now so I'll hopefully gain more ground this week. Skinner doesn't look likely though unless the daily tasks are kind to me.

Anyone feel the Act 1 storyline with Stephen Hawking is dragging? In previous events they seemed to keep it fairly snappy with a few tasks in each Act, but each time I finish a mission there's another waiting. And, IMO, this is one of the poorer written events since I started playing almost two years ago. Story isn't engaging at all IMO.

Finished that questline. So it doesn't carry on for too long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,481 ✭✭✭corkie

15 free donuts just for playing!

4f9570d455fadee32ad6c6dbda9728b5_500.png

Advertisement