Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭garbeth

You need to craft all demos for a particular item and then you can spend future bucks to craft more. Spending future bucks does not level up your printer

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    How do you spend future bucks. I don't seem to have the option

In the 3D printer, you'll see a line like "Level up your printer with the next 3 Demos". If You craft that particular item 3 times, you'll have completed the demos and can only buy that item again using Future Bucks. It's a nice system, but unfortunately none of the decorations really appeal to me, so I'm just methodically working my way up through them, and I'll spend all my Future Bucks on the final day on the houses and stuff that generates income...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Sarn

For the daily tasks, I've turned down the robot part prizes and swapped them until I got the resources. With one daily swap it helps to hoard the dailys if you can until you get what you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

I probably won't get the last prize but I'll keep tapping on robots anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Sarn wrote: »
    For the daily tasks, I've turned down the robot part prizes and swapped them until I got the resources. With one daily swap it helps to hoard the dailys if you can until you get what you want.

What???? I am lost. Thought with daily tasks you just get what you offered.

I am now 600 away from getting Skinner.

• Advertisement

What???? I am lost. Thought with daily tasks you just get what you offered.

I am now 600 away from getting Skinner.

If you tap the x on the daily challenge you get one chance per day to swap it. Case in point, yesterday's challenge was for robot parts, I swapped it and got the offer of cash. Left it to today and swapped again and got offered those diamond resource things.

Sarn wrote: »
    If you tap the x on the daily challenge you get one chance per day to swap it. Case in point, yesterday's challenge was for robot parts, I swapped it and got the offer of cash. Left it to today and swapped again and got offered those diamond resource things.

Ugh too late for this act but hopefully it will be a bit of useful knowledge for the future!

I need 1,972 to get the last prize now.

I gave up on the prize track tbh. Didn't get the last two. I was moving house yesterday, and although I did wake up at 6 and could have logged in and probably got the 2nd last one, but I just couldn't be bothered moving my aching bones to get the tablet from the bedside table. :pac:

Got him this morning early :D and now straight into Act 2, going to make sure I visit friends every day as I think I missed a few.

• Advertisement

Anyone else having log in issues?

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭blarney_boy

Nope logging in just fine . . .

but to pick up on the prize track, I think EA are trying to stop tappers completing the prize tracks a week early as happened in previous events so they're really making you work for your 'prizes'

Saying that, I got robo-burns in act I, grabbed frink plus ladybot for act II and will be shelling out the donuts for the act III bundle, all of which are helping to top up my event currency . . .

Haven't got above 38 in the mini game even using flashed this act. But with the tortoise game I am getting 10 extra above what the counter says I tapped and what I know which is weird...

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭brianomc

Looks like you need 2080 Chronons a day to get all the act 2 prizes, act 1 was the tightest event in ages for me. Normally I finish with 5 or 6 days to go but it came down to the last 36 hours.

I'm only ahead in act 2 thanks to the 1100 from a daily task this morning.

brianomc wrote: »
    Looks like you need 2080 Chronons a day to get all the act 2 prizes, act 1 was the tightest event in ages for me. Normally I finish with 5 or 6 days to go but it came down to the last 36 hours.

I'm only ahead in act 2 thanks to the 1100 from a daily task this morning.

I'm just not going to get that much. I'm averaging about 1600 a day if I'm lucky. :(

Also, just a warning to people that you may want to tap the robots in your town after all.

I had 2250 chronons before playing SciFighter, I got 120 chronons from SciFighter, and my total afterwards was 2376. So I got credit for 6 robots, but if I tap them myself in my town I sometimes get upwards of 60.

Maybe it's just me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    I'm just not going to get that much. I'm averaging about 1600 a day if I'm lucky. :(

Also, just a warning to people that you may want to tap the robots in your town after all.

I had 2250 chronons before playing SciFighter, I got 120 chronons from SciFighter, and my total afterwards was 2376. So I got credit for 6 robots, but if I tap them myself in my town I sometimes get upwards of 60.

Maybe it's just me.

I'm about the same as you 1600-1800 so far in act 2 a day, just not going to reach it unless I get the daily task reward

Totally off topic, but does anyone know if there is a problem opening accounts on here? My hubby tried to do it from a different location to our house and it will let you go as far as choosing a username and nothing is clickable on the signup part

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Lots of EA servers were taken offline yesterday by a hacking group!
    The origin ID creation servers are probably part of this mess!

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Lots of EA servers were taken offline yesterday by a hacking group!
    The origin ID creation servers are probably part of this mess!

I mean with boards, not tapped out :)

Totally off topic, but does anyone know if there is a problem opening accounts on here? My hubby tried to do it from a different location to our house and it will let you go as far as choosing a username and nothing is clickable on the signup part

I just signed out to check. Once you choose a name and tick the box underneath you have to choose one of the 4 options under that again. I presume the "email" one is the traditional way of signing up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I mean with boards, not tapped out :)

I copped that seconds after I had posted the reply :pac:

Seems to be people having problems with logging in alright, over at the Help Desk :)

I just signed out to check. Once you choose a name and tick the box underneath you have to choose one of the 4 options under that again. I presume the "email" one is the traditional way of signing up.

Yeah, but it wont let me click and tried various locations. I need an account set up for a game starting on Monday and been at it 4 days now and I am going mad here :)

Yeah, but it wont let me click and tried various locations. I need an account set up for a game starting on Monday and been at it 4 days now and I am going mad here :)

Strange, I could click the email button and it asked me for an email address then. Maybe try a different browser if possible. As a last resort, if you want to, send me a message with your email address and the username he wanted and I will get you to that step.

Strange, I could click the email button and it asked me for an email address then. Maybe try a different browser if possible. As a last resort, if you want to, send me a message with your email address and the username he wanted and I will get you to that step.

PM sent :)

So how is everybody getting on? I should be about 2000 ahead of schedule by the end of the day.

It's a good thing I've gotten 2 lots of 1100 in daily tasks or I would be chasing. Although I haven't really been visiting neighbours at this event. I would if there was a social prize or my neighbours got something back but it just seems like a waste of time if I can get all the items without doing it.

A busy weekend planned ahead and I might regret not visiting though. I might need another daily task bonus.

So how is everybody getting on? I should be about 2000 ahead of schedule by the end of the day.

It's a good thing I've gotten 2 lots of 1100 in daily tasks or I would be chasing. Although I haven't really been visiting neighbours at this event. I would if there was a social prize or my neighbours got something back but it just seems like a waste of time if I can get all the items without doing it.

A busy weekend planned ahead and I might regret not visiting though. I might need another daily task bonus.

I thought the daily tasks would be the same for everyone. Never got that!

I have 16007 as of right now and can't remember where I should be. Need to find the post with the schedule again.

I'm at 12500, should make it to 12800 by end of the day, maybe 12900.

Got two 1100 chronon tasks so that's helped. I'm just aiming to get the prize before Lisa, then I'm just going to buy it with donuts as it's a character I badly want.

The tip posted earlier about no accepting daily tasks unless they give chronons has really helped me. I never used to cancel tasks at all, but now I'm getting rid of any future buck or cash one, and am only accepting the chronon ones or ones that give more than one donut.

I'm up at 22500 so quite comfortable this act. I did pick up Grimes with some bonuts so that has helped. Haven't bothered with neighbours as the return isn't worth the effort.

My plan towards the end is to hold on to spare daily chronon prizes and use them in the next act for a jump start.

Took my foot off the gas there and only just in track looking at the calendar.
    Still have to visit my neighbours today though.

I have completed the purchase of the last piece of land/sea in Springfield Heights and I have been completed the Rail tasks at least 3 days in advance each time as well.

• Advertisement

Took my foot off the gas there and only just in track looking at the calendar.
    Still have to visit my neighbours today though.

I have completed the purchase of the last piece of land/sea in Springfield Heights and I have been completed the Rail tasks at least 3 days in advance each time as well.

The railway task has been made so much easier lately. It used to take me from Tuesday morning to Sunday night to do. Now I normally have it done by Wednesday. I had stopped doing it as 5 donuts wasn't worth all the extra work and if I missed a day I might miss out. Now it's worth it.

I really must blow up my town as I haven't done anything with the items for this event or the last apart from just drop them randomly in a mess. But I have little pockets of items I really like where I put them so that keeps stopping me starting from scratch again.

Advertisement