Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Just on the daily tasks. EVERY time I have cancelled a task with crappy future bucks I get a single donut :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

brianomc wrote: »
    The railway task has been made so much easier lately. It used to take me from Tuesday morning to Sunday night to do. Now I normally have it done by Wednesday. I had stopped doing it as 5 donuts wasn't worth all the extra work and if I missed a day I might miss out. Now it's worth it.

I really must blow up my town as I haven't done anything with the items for this event or the last apart from just drop them randomly in a mess. But I have little pockets of items I really like where I put them so that keeps stopping me starting from scratch again.

I'm the same. I'm pretty happy with the section of my town that borders the mountains and the ocean, but since I did those areas, the peripheries have gone to sh*t. I wish there was a way to select an area and save that layout somewhere...

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭brianomc

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    I'm the same. I'm pretty happy with the section of my town that borders the mountains and the ocean, but since I did those areas, the peripheries have gone to sh*t. I wish there was a way to select an area and save that layout somewhere...

Actually, can't you highlight and move whole sections now. It still means manually putting loads in storage but not a bad idea. A job for winter time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭wilser

Hi
    Currently have about 170 donuts saved up, any advice on what to buy with them?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 22,310 ✭✭✭✭endacl

wilser wrote: »
    Hi
    Currently have about 170 donuts saved up, any advice on what to buy with them?
    Thanks
    Speed up your Brown House builds!

If you haven't done it yet, buy mystery boxes. Somebody figured out waaaaaaaaay back in the thread that if you buy a load, you win premium items and donuts back. The maths is in the thread somewhere. Maybe a couple of years ago? I did it at the time, and ended up with all the premiums available, and almost twice as many donuts as I'd started with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

endacl wrote: »
    Speed up your Brown House builds!

If you haven't done it yet, buy mystery boxes. Somebody figured out waaaaaaaaay back in the thread that if you buy a load, you win premium items and donuts back. The maths is in the thread somewhere. Maybe a couple of years ago? I did it at the time, and ended up with all the premiums available, and almost twice as many donuts as I'd started with.

So keep buying mystery boxes and the odds go in your favor?

Hococop wrote: »
    So keep buying mystery boxes and the odds go in your favor?

All here...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056780417&page=495

Can't see anything related to the mystery box

Can't see anything related to the mystery box

Post #7412 on...

Post #7412 on...

Cheers, when I clicked the link it brought me to the Guinea pig task chat, yeah did that spend a while back got most of the prizes

• Advertisement

Cheers, when I clicked the link it brought me to the Guinea pig task chat, yeah did that spend a while back got most of the prizes

Did you try it? If so, how was the haul?

Did you try it? If so, how was the haul?

Before its a good haul, blue hair lawyer, tyre yard and lard lad and a few signs and vans,

Did it last night, nothing great a few for vans and signs

Got Lisa this morning, is there any point in doing any more or should I relax till the next part starts?

I'll have to pay donuts for Lisa I think. I'm currently at a cost of 185, and I reckon I can knock off 20-25 with each login. I estimate I'll get in another 4-5 logins before the end of this Act, so I reckon I'll be paying in or around 70-80 donuts for her. Was really hoping for another chronon task today, but got a future buck one that turned into a 3 donut task when I swapped.

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    I'll have to pay donuts for Lisa I think. I'm currently at a cost of 185, and I reckon I can knock off 20-25 with each login. I estimate I'll get in another 4-5 logins before the end of this Act, so I reckon I'll be paying in or around 70-80 donuts for her. Was really hoping for another chronon task today, but got a future buck one that turned into a 3 donut task when I swapped.

The tasks can be changed once per day, resetting at midnight. So if you are awake (want to be awake) at that time you have one more chance to get chronons off that task if you haven't already completed it.

The tasks can be changed once per day, resetting at midnight. So if you are awake (want to be awake) at that time you have one more chance to get chronons off that task if you haven't already completed it.

Mine are at 10.00am my time for resets.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Sarn

Got Lisa this morning, is there any point in doing any more or should I relax till the next part starts?

Given that you won't get enough chronons for the three donuts probably better off putting everyone who generates act currency on tasks and collect when the next Act starts.

I pretty much gave up on the event after Act 2. Got President Lisa by paying about 70 donuts, then there were no really cool prizes for Act 3 (Mecha Hawk is alright, but really not worth the grind that this event is...)

So I took two days off, and now I'll just login every now and then focus on the 3D printer and maybe trying to complete the questline, but if I don't, meh.

Overall, dullest event since I started playing, too grindy, and generally just an uninteresting storyline.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

I find myself doing act 1 but then not even loading the game up while events on going. It's just to much work to be logging in every 3hrs. ... Same reason I gave up on futurama.

Got all of act 3's prizes and the craftable items on saturday morning. Finished the storyline today, got bonus donuts for 3k "things" and used future bucks to pick up some more office towers which I can see myself using if I get around to a town restructuring.

That's me done for this event. I could possibly get 1 more set of bonuts but think the break will do me good.

Act 3 prizes were pretty weak. What's next, Halloween? I may have to buy donuts if something good pops up. I'm down to under 100 now. I bought a halfprice big batch 18 months ago that's only just run out.

• Advertisement

Got the last prize a couple of days ago, didn't realise that I had to get Homers dream house till I had upgraded the 3D printer to Level 18, now trying to get the 3000 robot parts to do it.

Have 2502 so will get I am sure. Hoping to not visit friends to achieve it to!
    Have 21k future bucks though as I upgraded the printer without buying too much stuff, maybe shouldnt have done it that way.

Take it the bucks are near to useless now?

Take it the bucks are near to useless now?

Unless there's a craftable decoration you really like, then yeah, totally useless.
    And then you get the future buck converter, to convert robot parts into more useless future bucks :D

Unless there's a craftable decoration you really like, then yeah, totally useless.
    And then you get the future buck converter, to convert robot parts into more useless future bucks :D

Just wonderful lol :D

I have 13,000 Future Bucks if anyone wants them... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Running Balance

Anyone in here doing this donut new season update??

I bought old lard lad. Hoping for some mega donut payouts

I've basically decided to take some time off from the game. At least until October anyway. This last event really made me frustrated with the game, to the point where I felt like I was just logging in because I had to as opposed to because I was getting enjoyment out of it.

I will return eventually, but for now, to be honest, I'm not missing it all that much.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I wish all the events were like this Lard Lad on. It runs for almost another week yet I finished earlier today. I could have logged in once a day and probably finished in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I wish all the events were like this Lard Lad on. It runs for almost another week yet I finished earlier today. I could have logged in once a day and probably finished in time.

The slow paced ones are pretty handy alright :)

No pressure :D

Springfield heights are paying out 4 times the normal amount for the next few days, be handy for people to expand the land and reach the 1 billion mark myself included

• Advertisement

I haven't been rushing that new task, been concentrating on the railroad and then spending half a day on the other task. Once I get railroad done for week will put foot back on the gas.

Currently doing springfield height stuff to get all my things to max again. Handy with the polyvac game and the chilli game giving out SH items, so I am doing them too!

Advertisement