Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭malcy

Tickets for jobs at the airport now taking 15 mins to replenish instead of two. Wonder if that is due to using the glitch. Has it happened to anyone who didn't use the glitch?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,481 ✭✭✭corkie

malcy wrote: »
    Tickets for jobs at the airport now taking 15 mins to replenish instead of two. Wonder if that is due to using the glitch. Has it happened to anyone who didn't use the glitch?

Mine is now at 20 mins. Others have reported on other forums, that is a designed procedure by EA, so not a glitch!

Also the more people you send will also increase the timer. So anyone else that has not used this yet. Take advantage of it and send as many as you can on your first go.

I'm hoping that the timer might get reset daily!

Edit: - Or EA issued a server sided patch to stop this glitch from working!

Destination Springfield: Norbert's Adventure Tasks

^^^ Above should help people unsure which character to send! ^^^

Also by staggering characters to destinations, you can complete the tasks faster!

Surprised some people in the comments there don't know who to send for some of the tasks! They're fairly simple and if you don't know you just send the characters available at the time. One of the 2-5 is correct!

About a day away from getting Bastille. The virus thing doesn't seem to do a lot. Can see the France aspect playing heavily in the Valentines update.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

Seen a couple of my neighbours have a monorail tunnel into Springfield Heights.
    Anyone point me to how I get it?

Ta

• Advertisement

Seen a couple of my neighbours have a monorail tunnel into Springfield Heights.
    Anyone point me to how I get it?

Ta

I think if i remember correctly, you need to win them at the railyard!

Have you not used that in a good while? You get two tunnels eventually.

Edit: - Hopefully the option is still available to you.

http://simpsonstappedout.wikia.com/wiki/Monorail_Tunnel

Cheers Corkie, I'll take a look
    Haven't been near it in ages

• Registered Users Posts: 22,310 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Cheers Corkie, I'll take a look
    Haven't been near it in ages

You should. It's a handy 5 donuts every week.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Running Balance

Seen a couple of my neighbours have a monorail tunnel into Springfield Heights. Anyone point me to how I get it?

Play the recycling trash game. Once you reach 25k pieces of trash handed you get bonus donuts and a monorail tunnel

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Running Balance

Have to say loving this update so far..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,083 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Seen a couple of my neighbours have a monorail tunnel into Springfield Heights. Anyone point me to how I get it?

As far as I remember it comes from the regular /weekly mono rail task

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

There's a mono rail task?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Only got Bastille today. Feel like I'm behind already. What's the point of the Osaka virus thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

KKkitty wrote: »
    What's the point of the Osaka virus thing?

You get extra materials from tapping tourists who have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Can you all add my little one? she had stopped for a while but back playing and needs friends desperatly

cheers

her SN is gcarr1972208

Well that's Act 1 over. Did everyone get all the prizes? I bought the Maison thingy for 75 Donuts. Wish i had held off for the Japanese building that is available now. Looks great. I enjoyed the event at first but now it just semms to be crafting, crafting, crafting :(

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭mtt_swny

malcy wrote: »
    Well that's Act 1 over. Did everyone get all the prizes?

I got them all with time to spare, had a good few of the sky credits left over too so I'm starting to craft the Japanese stuff now.

I usually wait until an event is over to see what I'll leave in the town permanently though, anything that doesn't earn money or looks a bit suspect (Death Mountain, Radioactive Man monument, etc...) I usually leave in storage; I'll probably store the castle. The Japanese stuff I will likely make use of though.

mtt_swny wrote: »
    I got them all with time to spare, had a good few of the sky credits left over too so I'm starting to craft the Japanese stuff now.

I usually wait until an event is over to see what I'll leave in the town permanently though, anything that doesn't earn money or looks a bit suspect (Death Mountain, Radioactive Man monument, etc...) I usually leave in storage; I'll probably store the castle. The Japanese stuff I will likely make use of though.

Yeah me too. The Japanese stuff seems quite cheap so will hopefully be able to craft a good few trees etc. i decided to split the 3 Acts into their own areas. I'm designing my airport but i can see myself having to do it again as i think it will be a lot bigger by the end of the event.

I don't store much. A few bits and bobs and all the Monorail stuff. Never had an interest in it. Most of the Kickball stuff as well. Really need to concentrate in earning as much money as possible. Really need land :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I just can't stop laughing at Mr Sparkles face :D

caqWaZDl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Havent touched this game since before Christmas, is it worth logging back in?

• Advertisement

keano_afc wrote: »
    Havent touched this game since before Christmas, is it worth logging back in?

It depends on what motivates you to play the game really, there's an event on at the moment, tourist/travel theme; some good country themed stuff to add to your town - France/Japan/Brazil... The Japanese stuff is class if you have the spare land to put an expansive temple garden together.

Other than that, it's still tapped out... If you got fed up and stopped playing before Christmas, chances are you won't feel you're missing much.

My 2c, try to avoid nuking your town unless you're sure; if you do nuke it and decide to play again down the line, the large blank canvas does offer great advantages when it comes to the layout of your roads/blocks, etc, but it can be a pain to rebuild especially if you had invested time and thought into your original design. I unpacked my town just before Christmas after storing it for over a year, back playing now and I'm enjoying re-designing it but it was a headwrecker to start it all over and certain parts were impossible to replicate.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

mtt_swny wrote: »
    My 2c, try to avoid nuking your town unless you're sure; if you do nuke it and decide to play again down the line, the large blank canvas does offer great advantages when it comes to the layout of your roads/blocks, etc, but it can be a pain to rebuild especially if you had invested time and thought into your original design. I unpacked my town just before Christmas after storing it for over a year, back playing now and I'm enjoying re-designing it but it was a headwrecker to start it all over and certain parts were impossible to replicate.

Part of me wants to nuke and rebuild, mostly due to being so far over the item limit due to being super detailed in building when I started out. A backup your current town option would be so cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Thanks to some events I was able to rack up lots of cash to finish the redwood task and Burns money mountain. The IRS building is kinda annoying though. It costs too much to get that up to the top level.

Anyone managed to play this on a PC or preferably a Mac?
    Want to do a redesign but can't be arsed doing it on an iphone

Anyone managed to play this on a PC or preferably a Mac?
    Want to do a redesign but can't be arsed doing it on an iphone

You could try running an Android emulator and playing through that. A hard drive partition that allowed you to actually boot your Mac in Android OS could be an option too; it wouldn't need to be big if you were only using it to run a few apps. Installing one with Bootcamp Assistant (pre installed on your Mac) is pretty straight forward.

I've never tried to play it on a computer though, not sure that the extra screen real estate would warrant losing the touch screen aspect to the game for me, it could actually make re-designing a bit tricky ;)

I might give it a go.
    I'd be purely doing it for the redesign, once done it'd be back to the phone

• Registered Users Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

I've been playing this for years and currently have $300k. I buy a lot of land though.
    Anyone any tips on making money? Best houses to build or whatever?

EDIT: By the way, anyone regular players can add eoinzyD24 and annemariem586. The two of us play daily.

The_B_Man wrote: »
    I've been playing this for years and currently have $300k. I buy a lot of land though.
    Anyone any tips on making money? Best houses to build or whatever?

Purple/Blue houses are the best I reckon. The price increases the more you buy nowadays. I got about 30 of each when the price was the same regardless of how many you bought. I'd imagine larger scale house farming is much more difficult to do these days.

Getting your friends list full and visiting every day will bring steady money once you've maxed out your friendship level by getting all of the prizes. I get about 60k a day from that.

I'd say the best way to make more money though, is to focus on getting the money & XP bonus percentage as high as you can. Up until recently, mine was 47%, which is pretty low for the level I was at. I added 2 beach hideaways for 40 donuts each and now my bonus 5 on money & XP is 87%. Each beach hideaway adds a massive 20%, the best donuts to 5 ratio of any premium item* (*you do need to level these items up and make sure all additional pieces are placed in order to max out at 20%). You can place a total of 5 of these, adding 100% for the bonus multiplier for 200 donuts in total.

A five star town will boost your bonus XP too, 5% I think.

The Springfield Heights buildings also add hidden bonus % that do not show up on the conform o meter. Modern mansions give 5%, classic mansions 4%, valet parking 3%, business centres 2%, and deluxe condos 1%.

Between jobs, buildings and visits I was making 120k a day and with the increase %, I now have 300k. Thats still low compared to some but the key is definitely to increase the bonus and get the most out of your character jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭qwertz

Looking to extend my neighbours list since cleaning out a number of inactive players. My id is gmt76 and I am a regular player.

• Advertisement

qwertz wrote: »
    Looking to extend my neighbours list since cleaning out a number of inactive players. My id is gmt76 and I am a regular player.

Sent one on to you there, I sent out a few today after a bit of a clear out myself.

Advertisement