Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Just seen a list and it seems we'll be the getting the water expansion soon enough :D

Some of the more interesting items listed for anyone interested:
    Buildings:
    Bomb Shelter
    Hermans Military Antiques
    Mininuclear Warhead
    Springfield Community Center
    Zestys Pizza
    The Itchy And Scratchy Store
    Crypto Barn
    Ferris Wheel
    The Frying Dutchman
    Just Rainsticks
    Much Ado About Muffins
    My First Tattoo
    Planet Hype
    Turban Outfitters
    Malaria Zone

Decorations:
    Training Dummy
    Squidport Entrance
    Boardwalk Tiles
    Boardwalk Lamp Post
    Boardwalk Fountain
    Boardwalk Fence
    Boardwalk Tree
    Boardwalk Bench
    Popcorn Stand
    Hotdog Stand
    Fried Dough Stand
    Lemonade Stand
    Basketball Game
    Coffee Kart
    House Boat
    Beach

Characters:
    Herman
    Jasper
    Fiddler
    Fire Eater
    Human Statue
    Juggler
    Mime
    Handsome Pete
    Sea Captain

Land Expansions (39 of them) for $2,025,000

Springfield Downs Odds are Changing.

OLD
    Bet every hour
    Odds 1:2 reward $6,250 75XP chance 50%
    Odds 1:1 reward $7,500 100XP chance 20%
    Odds 2:1 reward $10,000 150XP chance 15%
    Odds 4:1 reward $15,000 250XP chance 10%
    Odds 9:1 reward $25,000 500XP chance 5%

NEW
    Bet every 8 hours
    Odds 2:1 reward $6,000 75XP chance 50.51%
    Odds 5:1 reward $12,000 100XP chance 25.25%
    Odds 9:1 reward $20,000 150XP chance 15.15%
    Odds 19:1 reward $40,000 250XP chance 7.58%
    Odds 99:1 reward $200,000 500XP chance 1.52%

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭tjalana

taylorjame79 looking for friends,please add,thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭georgieM

g_vallence704 please add

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Barlett

HojnKuslin - add !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭ruthiepie

Anyone else in trouble with the game? Was in it about 10 mins ago and it was working perfectly, went into it now and not working. It logged me out so I tried to log back in but kept saying that my password was wrong (which its not!), I exited the game and went back into it and now when I put in my email, its not recognising it and asking me to register all over again. :(

I do not want to start this game from scratch again!!

Edit just tried logging into Origin and it says they are experiencing technical difficulties so hopefully its all to do with this!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭TFK

ruthiepie wrote: »
    Anyone else in trouble with the game? Was in it about 10 mins ago and it was working perfectly, went into it now and not working. It logged me out so I tried to log back in but kept saying that my password was wrong (which its not!), I exited the game and went back into it and now when I put in my email, its not recognising it and asking me to register all over again. :(

I do not want to start this game from scratch again!!

I was just coming here to see if anyone else was having problems. Its asking me to sign up. I am on level 28 and there is no way I am starting again :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭ruthiepie

TFK wrote: »
    I was just coming here to see if anyone else was having problems. Its asking me to sign up. I am on level 28 and there is no way I am starting again :-(

Phew not just me so! Ya I think I'm level 24 or something so if its gone, I don't think I'll start all over again. Hopefully its just a temporary problem though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,768 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Not just me so. I wont bother starting again

• Registered Users Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

lertsnim wrote: »
    Not just me so. I wont bother starting again

Do you not have origin?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

aye, same here, cant log in. shows an error when i try

• Advertisement

Origin is having problems. Damn near had a heart attack when it asked me to sign up after entering my e-mail! Level 29 and in the middle of rearranging everything ahead of the next update.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,889 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Phew...

Had the same problem myself!

Do you not have origin?

Yes I do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I really need to buy more land. All my buildings are just clumped together.

cloud493 wrote: »
    I really need to buy more land. All my buildings are just clumped together.

I was thinking I needed more land soon myself, but put a load of buildings into inventory and now have more than I know what to do with! Brown houses arent worth it, and either is three Kwik-E-Mart's. Cut everything down to one except the White house. Have two of them and the pay out is good so they'll stay.

Has anyone tried doing the same layout as the actual Springfield? I know it changes as it pleases but there are a few maps floating around online.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Has anyone tried doing the same layout as the actual Springfield? I know it changes as it pleases but there are a few maps floating around online.

i will be doing as soon as I get the right buildings.
    Was thinking of the major landmarks that need to be near each other. Like Moe's is always next to the music store.
    The car park for the powerplant leading up to the Simpson house ;-) (maybe that's only one episode)

Any other landmarks which are consistently together?

Would be nice to get a few hammock shops in game, put them all on 3rd in the hammock district.

http://adn.blam.be/springfield/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭steve_r

KevIRL wrote: »
    The Whacking day buildings and characters are still available but now as premium donut items

Duff Stadium is 90 donuts, Collesium and Tatum are 190 donuts and the Motel and Miss Springfield at 225 donuts

Also the snake rocks, logs and trunks are now premium decorations and increase your multiplier by 2%, 2.5% and 2.75% respectively. So dont put any of these in yer inventory

My duff Stadium never showed up the first time. Some bug that seems to affect a fair few people.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,889 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I don't understand people who haven't designed their towns nicely!

Mars Bar wrote: »

Just trying to get some money for land atm. Will be nice once I complete it

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

I'm just farming buildings for money at the moment.

I'll turn it nice when I've built it up enough. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭7ofBrian

I didnt have any issues this morning... add me: 7ofBrian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

I was the same. First it asked me to log in and kept saying my password was wrong. Then it signed me out completely and when I put in my email address it wanted me to create a new account. I forced closed the app and left it for about ten minutes and then all was fine again. Phew!

I have to say, while I'm enjoying how quiet it is and getting up to speed on regular quests, I'm looking forward to see what (if anything) we get on Thursday.

I was in the middle of redesigning mine when it went down today, havent tried it since. Will hopefully get to finish when I get home today.

Came across a great design for the otherwise eyesore that is Mount Carlmore. Going to try replicate it and post a picture if it turns out properly :D

Happy with the Power Plant, Duff Stadium, Boxing Arena, Church, Motel, and all the shops etc. Just have to do the school, the Buddist Temple and the houses then I should be sorted.

I need to sort my town out.

Is it better to buy the requested buildings first and then focus on buying more land, or the other way around?

I have 3 building quests at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

TFK wrote: »
    I need to sort my town out.

Is it better to buy the requested buildings first and then focus on buying more land, or the other way around?

I have 3 building quests at the moment.

If the building comes with a character then I try to squeeze the building in first (my logic being that having an extra character to do tasks will make it faster to save up for the land). If there's no character then I usually buy the land first so I can organise my town better. Personal preference, really.

Vojera wrote: »
    If the building comes with a character then I try to squeeze the building in first (my logic being that having an extra character to do tasks will make it faster to save up for the land). If there's no character then I usually buy the land first so I can organise my town better. Personal preference, really.

That makes sense, I did the temple because Lenny and Carl so I think I might do the fat tony one for extra characters. The adult center and el chemistri can wait.

Town will just look messy for another while.. thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

For the past few weeks I've been mainly saving up as much cash I could get for land. Whacking day wasn't really a bad thing with the extension for me because I had an extra week to send characters on money earning tasks and the whole time I was buying more land. After buying the few decorations any cash earned was spent on land. The level 29 update took away a little but it didn't cause too much hassle.

For once I've extra space now. Anyone currently on level 29 I'd recommend continuing to play regularly to buy more land expansions. Also to note is the Squidport update will open up more land for purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

i'm in process of designing my town, my ipad charger is broke so have to use a ipod so can't see as much trying to buy two bits of land a day but at 62,000 its not cheap. Hopefully get my ipad working soon and get to do it all properly as i had it lovely but moved all my building for my day at whacking day

Also to note is the Squidport update will open up more land for purchase.

Looks like 66% of it will be water. Not sure if there are limits on building on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Looks like 66% of it will be water. Not sure if there are limits on building on it.

I reckon we'll just get to buy land on the left side and not actually buy the water itself. Probably just place the boardwalk over the land beside the sea to make it look like its over the sea. And then allowing us to place certain sea items like the sea captains boat in the water itself.

Advertisement