Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭CiaranTheGreat

DubDJ wrote: »
    I used a different type that doesn't give you donuts, but gives you the option to buy any premium item without having the pay with donuts. I still have only about 5 donuts but I've bought the premium stuff I wanted. Still play the game addictively any am strapped for cash. But nice to have all the premium items I otherwise wouldn't of had. Bought a golden Scratch-R for 89c. So that's me buying the app basically.

Can you pm me how you did it for....research and not to get Otto :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Can you pm me how you did it for....research and not to get Otto :-/

+1 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

+2 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

One word, reddit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

It was a YouTube video I used that explained it all. But it's a hack I done though bluestacks. So my iPhone and iPad aren't jailbroken and I'm still able to use it like normal. But whenever new premium items are added I can login through bluestacks and buy any premium item I want without the need for any donuts. Anybody interested PM me ill link you to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

does it work on android? or just iphone?

does it work on android? or just iphone?

You don't need either. All you need is a Windows laptop/PC (Mac is more difficult).

You don't need either. All you need is a Windows laptop/PC (Mac is more difficult).

Bluestacks is an android emulator. If you have an android phone just use that

pm sent

gubbie wrote: »
    Bluestacks is an android emulator. If you have an android phone just use that

But you'd need to root the phone and install the hacked apk file on the Android phone wouldn't you? Instead of the official Tapped Out game. With bluestacks everything is still safe and your game will play on your phone or tablet like it always did. Just with the added premium items. :D

• Advertisement

But you'd need to root the phone and install the hacked apk file on the Android phone wouldn't you? Instead of the official Tapped Out game. D

Nope. Android don't have as many barriers up as Apple

Nope. Android don't have as many barriers up as Apple

Thought there was a block with hacked apps, I knew you could add apps from an external source other than the play store, but thought a hacked app would be flagged. Either way its am easier and better option for those who don't want the hacked app as their primary one for playing the game.

Thought there was a block with hacked apps, I knew you could add apps from an external source other than the play store, but thought a hacked app would be flagged. Either way its am easier and better option for those who don't want the hacked app as their primary one for playing the game.

Well if you're using bluestacks you have to download bluestacks, get it up and running, then download then the apk, add it to bluestacks and then have to deal with it running properly (I've never used the simpsons apk but have heard many reports of no sound, not being able to log in, having to play the start of the game before being able to log in, bad frame rates... And let's not even mention trying to get it sorted on a mac). As with any app on android, you meerly have to download it and the phone does the rest. For someone who doesn't know anything about computers it is the easier and better option

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

delta36 wrote: »
    So, someone'll probably post a slowpoke picture under this post, but for anyone who hasn't found out, if you tap Homer ten times in a row while he's doing a task, you get the Jebidiah Springfield statue and ten donuts.

This is like brand new info for me so thanks! Anyone else got any cool tips?

Glad they recently seem to have fixed the origin iPhone / android friends list problem my gf was having, she and many other iPhone users couldn't add people but we could add them, yesterday they all just showed up whereas before origin said they didn't even play TSTO.

Origin id: WingnutWilson

• Registered Users Posts: 7,464 ✭✭✭corkie

Anyone else got any cool tips?

You might try visiting these two sites:

http://tstotips.com/

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/categories/show/233.page

Well if you're using bluestacks you have to download bluestacks, get it up and running, then download then the apk, add it to bluestacks and then have to deal with it running properly (I've never used the simpsons apk but have heard many reports of no sound, not being able to log in, having to play the start of the game before being able to log in, bad frame rates... And let's not even mention trying to get it sorted on a mac). As with any app on android, you meerly have to download it and the phone does the rest. For someone who doesn't know anything about computers it is the easier and better option

Had the crashing and sound problems. But for me using a mac and iPhone it was the only option really. If I had an Android phone I'd do it the same way as I don't like installed dodgy apps on my primary device just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Only just started playing this, added 1 or 2 or you's. Not really sure what I'm doing, but I'm sure I'll get there.

Add me if yous want: Ix_Deadmau5

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

For those on their high horses about us who have chosen to hack for donuts, I seen an interesting post on Reddit. Dont know if I'm allowed link so I'll just give the basics:

Since it's launch, EA have made in excess of €40m from it. That isnt a typo. It made almost €8m alone in March.

In order to have all the premium items to date, you would have to have spent over €230!!!!!! The Squidport update looks to have a lot of donut items too, bringing that figure up even higher.

If you want to pay that kind of money for a "free" game, go ahead. I sure as hell wont be.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    For those on their high horses about us who have chosen to hack for donuts, I seen an interesting post on Reddit. Dont know if I'm allowed link so I'll just give the basics:

Since it's launch, EA have made in excess of €40m from it. That isnt a typo. It made almost €8m alone in March.

In order to have all the premium items to date, you would have to have spent over €230!!!!!! The Squidport update looks to have a lot of donut items too, bringing that figure up even higher.

If you want to pay that kind of money for a "free" game, go ahead. I sure as hell wont be.
    Plus, when it resets your game to level 1 (like it just has for me) hacking is the only way to get close to where you were without going insane. My only worry is any legal problems Boards may have if people post direct links to backs (I guess implying where to find them is ok ;) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

For those on their high horses about us who have chosen to hack for donuts, I seen an interesting post on Reddit.

Not on my high horse, but if, like me, you have more games than The Simpsons linked to your Origin account then imo it's not worth the risk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,976 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I'm not on my high horse, I just don't see the point of playing a game by cheating is all...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,976 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Also:

uJNKH.png

Doesn't matter how much they make, they are a business and they release it to make money. €40 mil isn't even a lot for a game these days.

The expense of the game is optional and in no way required to enjoy it fully.

However, the total cost (€230 and climbing) is completely ridiculous. If the price was more reasonable then people would hack it less.

Yeah I think Dev's price in-app purchases way too high. One makes their full app available for 89c for their full game, and the other you've to pay hundreds for the full experience. The fact that you also have constant glitches to deal with doesn't help. Who wants to invest that sort of money in a game with so many glitches, bad customer service with a strong possibility one day you could login and have all your data reset.

It's a great game and all. Very addictive and that but it's still a rip off. Perhaps if donuts cost less or they had little or no server problems things would be different. But I suppose EA have a bad reputation when it comes to its customers.

at this stage customer service should be a given. The fact it isn't is insulting and, to me, looks like they are hiding something.
    They dont answer mails cos they dont want to explain why its ****ed up.

The whole model for micro-transactions is shocking, at least in The Simpsons you have a limit, in a game like candy crush you could keep spending and eventually bankrupt your self 1 euro at a time.

Its an age old marketing idea tho, make the payment so small no-one notices til they run out of money.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

tumblr_mcewsa3Id21rgfc1ro1_500.jpg

tumblr_mk1xluaEvf1rf27jho1_500.jpg

. I think EA have provided a very good game which you can play just fine without spending any money on it and those people on "their high horse" who are spending money (and not the free players) are the only reason this game exists and continues to expand in such a way.

I also believe that EA are pulling our legs if they expect us to pay €10 for a house and character. I fall on the side of the fence of "I'm willing to pay for this game, but I'm not willing to pay that much". Personally I've given €5 a month, like a subscription, because I don't believe it's right to take something for nothing. But I also don't believe that the game is worth the €200 you'd have to pay. Now my defence is weak, but its a defence
    Long story short, your post is silly. EA aren't a charity

. I think EA have provided a very good game which you can play just fine without spending any money on it and those people on "their high horse" who are spending money (and not the free players) are the only reason this game exists and continues to expand in such a way.

I also believe that EA are pulling our legs if they expect us to pay €10 for a house and character. I fall on the side of the fence of "I'm willing to pay for this game, but I'm not willing to pay that much". Personally I've given €5 a month, like a subscription, because I don't believe it's right to take something for nothing. But I also don't believe that the game is worth the €200 you'd have to pay. Now my defence is weak, but its a defence
    Long story short, your post is silly. EA aren't a charity

I think your defense is spot on, I dont mind paying for anything I use, but in this (and many other businesses) they are massively overcharging beyond ripping off the user. If they charged a fair price then I would pay it. I dont think its currently fair so I refuse to pay it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

In relation to Squidport, will this be a time limited thing like the Whacking Day?

I have three buildings (Hospital, El Chemistri, Pimento Grove, collectively ~250k) waiting for me to collect enough cash for them, but if Squidport comes soon I may need all the cash I can get.

• Advertisement

In relation to Squidport, will this be a time limited thing like the Whacking Day?

I have three buildings (Hospital, El Chemistri, Pimento Grove, collectively ~250k) waiting for me to collect enough cash for them, but if Squidport comes soon I may need all the cash I can get.

Most likely not. There's too much in it for it to be limited. Such as unlocking the seashore and the boardwalk decorations. They'd all be added permanently IMO and it would make no sense for EA to make it limited.

There is however a possibility that certain items will be limited.

Advertisement