Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭CSSE09

In relation to Squidport, will this be a time limited thing like the Whacking Day?

I have three buildings (Hospital, El Chemistri, Pimento Grove, collectively ~250k) waiting for me to collect enough cash for them, but if Squidport comes soon I may need all the cash I can get.

Not a chance, it's a land as well as building expansion, if anything there'll be a few limited time items for sale. I'd suggest keeping all your cash until thursday evening though, good chance they'll release it this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,889 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

In relation to Squidport, will this be a time limited thing like the Whacking Day?

I have three buildings (Hospital, El Chemistri, Pimento Grove, collectively ~250k) waiting for me to collect enough cash for them, but if Squidport comes soon I may need all the cash I can get.

I have all of those buildings to build and not enough land and cash. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I have all of those buildings to build and not enough land and cash. :(

I did a lot of shifting around of buildings, deleting unnecessary roads, etc and found loads of room.

I'm hoping Squidport stays a while if it does come out this Thursday. I'm going on holidays from this weekend and might not be able to play the game for a while. I'll be hoarding my cash for the moment anyway.

Just checked there and saw all the quest related Squidport buildings cost 389,000. Although buying land on top of that could easily push it to 450,000.

Ahh now they want me to build Fat Tony's place too. I'll be grinding for cash for weeks now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

I remember those days! The "holy crap I've so much to build and not enough cash or land to build it. My tips? Take all the buildings that you have not got a place (ie, somewhere you've not started decorating) and start doing a Tetris with it. Secondly, focus on buying land. There really is no rush to the game and once you "finish" and are waiting for updates you'll wish that you'd waited. I dunno about you but I hate seeing just a load of buildings plopped down with no order. You may not have space for them, but if its done with the whole town and not just some it's a head wreck.

I'd say squid port will be a permanent thing

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

So all the 'Yard Sale' items are gone as of this morning. Left the game around 9am. So now the game is back to normal progression with no limited items left. All set for the next big update I'd say.

I'd confidently say we'll be seeing a major update with all the Squidport items tomorrow. Probably an App Store update too. Since it will be opening up so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Reddzer2002

Hi guys

Recently started playing the game and was reading through this message board. I hope you do not mind that I have added some of you??

The people I have added have appeared to accept my friend request. They are able to do tasks in my town etc but I cannot visit their towns. They are in my origin list as people not using tsto! Has anybody else had this problem?

If anybody else wants to add me feel free. Username is reddzer2002

Hi guys

Recently started playing the game and was reading through this message board. I hope you do not mind that I have added some of you??

The people I have added have appeared to accept my friend request. They are able to do tasks in my town etc but I cannot visit their towns. They are in my origin list as people not using tsto! Has anybody else had this problem?

If anybody else wants to add me feel free. Username is reddzer2002

I think this is down to people using Android and iOS devices. There seems to be problems with them recognising each other through the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

I've decided to take a break from quests and grind for cash for a few days. I'm planning on buying a rake of land and redesigning my town. I'm level 29 (doing level 24-26 tasks) and I figure there's no hurry to the top. Buildings thrown everywhere, ugh.

Of course if Squidport comes out this week then those plans go out the window!

• Advertisement

Vojera wrote: »
    I've decided to take a break from quests and grind for cash for a few days. I'm planning on buying a rake of land and redesigning my town. I'm level 29 (doing level 24-26 tasks) and I figure there's no hurry to the top. Buildings thrown everywhere, ugh.

Of course if Squidport comes out this week then those plans go out the window!

Most likely it will be out tomorrow so perhaps hold off on the redesign as it could need to be done again tomorrow.

What I done was wait until I unlocked all buildings, then redesign my town. It's the best way as you don't need to keep making room and moving stuff around for new buildings.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 drpm_99

Hi I have recently started playing this too, my username is mitched7 - if anyone wants to add me, go ahead...I might start adding some of you too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 31,889 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Reached level 29 but still have four buildings to buy as well as land for them and I only have 10 grand in cash. Kinda wish the next big update was a little further down the line!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,464 ✭✭✭corkie

Hoping squidport is a given to us in quests!

I'm currently waiting for the Adult Education Annex to finish building and I nearly have enough money to start building Businessman's Social Club! So I haven't gotten to Shinner's house and mum yet!

So would like to see the squidport added as quests after that!

The full list of building quests are provided here (not including skinner's house)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

I enjoyed this for the short time i was able to play it, but i've tried everything on my phone and i simple cannot turn off the annoying notifications.A Shame!

corkie wrote: »
    Hoping squidport is a given to us in quests!

I'm currently waiting for the Adult Education Annex to finish building and I nearly have enough money to start building Businessman's Social Club! So I haven't gotten to Shinner's house and mum yet!

So would like to see the squidport added as quests after that!

The full list of building quests are provided here (not including skinner's house)
    I'd say it will be added as a quest towards the beginning. Like when they prompt you to place a lake, road, path etc. I'd say it will all be towards the beginning. It doesn't look like much of it (if any) will be limited. So there's no rush either way. Just build what you'd prefer.

I enjoyed this for the short time i was able to play it, but i've tried everything on my phone and i simple cannot turn off the annoying notifications.A Shame!

Are you on Android? If so go to settings>apps>tapped out and untick the show notifications box

• Registered Users Posts: 10,976 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Or in-app go to Build mode, click the i button in top right hand corner and there should be an option to turn Push Notifications on or off.

dulpit wrote: »
    Or in-app go to Build mode, click the i button in top right hand corner and there should be an option to turn Push Notifications on or off.

that's new. they didn't have that when I first went to turn them off. The settings route is more surefire as glitches and updates can enable the setting in-game again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭ruthiepie

I didn't know there was such a thing as notifications on this game. Just checked there and apparently I have them still turned on but have never gotten any. And I just saw you can confirm to spend your doughnuts. How have I not know this, ah I won't need to worry about accidentally spending my doughnuts AGAIN!!!!

Anyway, finally built the hospital and now trying to save up enough money for the El Chemistri Restaurant. If Squidport does come in today, I don't know what I'll do. I won't have enough money for everything!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

ruthiepie wrote: »
    ah I won't need to worry about accidentally spending my doughnuts AGAIN!!!!
    Note this is usually reset after each update so when squidport turns up you may have to go back in and tick that box again.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭TFK

I have spent the last few days trying to build up as much money as I can. I have to build el chemistri, fat tonys mansion and the skinner house. I also need land. I am on level 29 so I am hoping to be able to make my town look much nicer once I catch up on all the building quests so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭endacl

10 donuts. First good mystery box!

Anyone else find the righteousness stat is a bit random? Mine will randomly drop to one star then hover around one and a half to two, catch a couple of Sideshow Bob's and it's at 5 again for ages

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭ruthiepie

Anyone else find the righteousness stat is a bit random? Mine will randomly drop to one star then hover around one and a half to two, catch a couple of Sideshow Bob's and it's at 5 again for ages

Mine just seems to be permanently stuck at 3. No matter what I do, doesn't seem to change, has been like that for the last week I think!

Are you on Android? If so go to settings>apps>tapped out and untick the show notifications box

Im am on Android but it seems my version doesnt include the "show notifications" box under the "force stop" option.

dulpit wrote: »
    I did that and thought i solved it untill i heard homer shouting out of my phone from the other side of the room

Im am on Android but it seems my version doesnt include the "show notifications" box under the "force stop" option.

Might have something to do with me running cyanogenmod.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭endacl

corkie wrote: »
    So I haven't gotten to Shinner's house and mum yet!
    This one? Is it a premium item? Hasn't shown up in my quests yet...

clon-sinn-fein.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Yes, especially when I gain a level, it seems to just plummet.

I get my OH to graffiti my town when that happens as I find that I gain half a star for every building I mop. Otherwise I don't really know how to raise it quickly.

Advertisement