Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭steve_r

Anyone else find the righteousness stat is a bit random? Mine will randomly drop to one star then hover around one and a half to two, catch a couple of Sideshow Bob's and it's at 5 again for ages

I was expecting there to be a post on this site: http://tstotips.com/the-conform-o-meter-posts/ but there's none yet so maybe there's something up with that rating.

That link should be useful for the other ratings though.

Regarding notifications, on Android I changed mine through the Android settings themselves (i.e. not in the app) and it hasn't been an issue since. Was wrecking my head....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Looks like we might not see Squidport today. It's late in the day already. There's always a chance it could come tomorrow. But who knows today isn't over yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,889 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I'm away for the weekend but bringing my kindle. I really hope the place we are going to has wifi!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

When I first got the game Homer frightened the life out of me at 3:30 am. Didnt know their was notifications like that :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Well seeing as Squidport didn't show, I'm building Pimento Grove and El Chemistri. Should push up my gluttony stat.

I'm on level 29 now and there's a little picture of a present at the end of the XP bar. Is this a standard gift or random like the mystery boxes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭sundodger5

Well seeing as Squidport didn't show, I'm building Pimento Grove and El Chemistri. Should push up my gluttony stat.

I'm on level 29 now and there's a little picture of a present at the end of the XP bar. Is this a standard gift or random like the mystery boxes?
    You get to pick a box with 1, 2 or 3 donuts in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭CSSE09

When you reach that box a window pops open with 3 boxes, you choose one, can win 1, 2 or 3 donuts. After that the xp bar resets to 0 and you build it up again to reach the box except this time it adds 20% more xp needed to reach it. When level 30 comes out as well you'll automatically be that level too.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

So logged on today to find my friends list empty, either all you guys decided at the same time that you hate me, or there's something up on Origins end. Anyone else having this problem? I'm playing on Android.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

delta36 wrote: »
    So logged on today to find my friends list empty, either all you guys decided at the same time that you hate me, or there's something up on Origins end. Anyone else having this problem? I'm playing on Android.

Ok guy's, who blabbed?
    So much for teamwork

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

And we have level 30.

Jaysus $249,000 for Herman's Military Antiques and $204,000 for Zesty's (150 donuts for Community Center and Jasper)

• Advertisement

Just got the update too. Luckily I've amassed over 300K in the last few days. Plenty of walking around money ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 39,556 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

The fallout shelter is pretty cool.

Hopefully at least another week before Squidport to rebuild funds

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

ah, these updates always hit just as I'm about to get a donut box. Will have to settle for 1 donut for levelling up instead of the 3. I've been saving my money so have about 150K at the moment so will be primed to buy these buildings over the weekend I hope.

KevIRL wrote: »
    The fallout shelter is pretty cool.

Hopefully at least another week before Squidport to rebuild funds

Probably gonna be longer than that. 1 week atleast. I could see it being 2 weeks, depending on the tasks.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭TFK

House prices dropped for me so that's a bonus! So now I have el chemistri and fat tonys mansion building. Just need another 100k for the Skinner house.

Have to sy I really like the design of the Community Centre. And Jasper is a voiced character btw which is a bonus.

My town finishes their jobs at around 11pm so I'll find out then who prompts the build for Herman's Military Antiques.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,464 ✭✭✭corkie

DubDJ wrote: »
    Have to sy I really like the design of the Community Centre. And Jasper is a voiced character btw which is a bonus.

My town finishes their jobs at around 11pm so I'll find out then who prompts the build for Herman's Military Antiques.
    Marge needs to be free to kick things off!

See tstotips if you want to read more!

On another note, EA give me 300 free donuts today, for reporting the "Gills donuts bug on android" even thought I told them, i had gotten them by buying a scratch card!

First thing I bought was the school bus and otto!
    tumblr_mdn6t7r4aY1qhaf2uo1_400.png

Still have 190 donuts any recommendations of things to buy, already have the duff brewery!

Please anyone experiencing the crashing bug in android (just after tap to continue), could you visit this link and click on me too in the EA Answer HQ! You probably need to login using your origin id! Thank you!

Regards,
    John

corkie wrote: »
    Marge needs to be free to kick things off!

See tstotips if you want to read more!

On another note, EA give me 300 free donuts today, for reporting the "Gills donuts bug on android" even thought I told them, i had gotten them by buying a scratch card!

First thing I bought was the school bus and otto!
    tumblr_mdn6t7r4aY1qhaf2uo1_400.png

Still have 190 donuts any recommendations of things to buy, already have the duff brewery!

Please anyone experiencing the crashing bug in android (just after tap to continue), could you visit this link and click on me too in the EA Answer HQ! You probably need to login using your origin id! Thank you!

Regards,
    John

Yeah I follow TSTOTips regularly. Great site. I didn't spot the end part of the latest post with Marge needing to be free.

So they rewarded you with 300 Donuts for reporting a bug? Nice of them for once. Why not buy Jasper?

corkie wrote: »

Nice one, I wonder if they'd give bonus donuts for reporting Origin usernames admitting to using hacks to steal premium items from the game....

Nice one, I wonder if they'd give bonus donuts for reporting Origin usernames admitting to using hacks to steal premium items from the game....

There is an option in there help menu to report Cheating/Harassment!

• Advertisement

Tbh you'd have to be pretty low to do that. If it was affecting your game or progress in any way I'd say fair enough. But it's not, so it would really just be out of spite.

Good idea on the bug reporting though. Anything to make the game more stable and enjoyable is a good thing IMO.

Tbh you'd have to be pretty low to do that. If it was affecting your game or progress in any way I'd say fair enough. But it's not, so it would really just be out of spite.

Good idea on the bug reporting though. Anything to make the game more stable and enjoyable is a good thing IMO.

Oh I wouldnt do it obviously but y'all are being silly admitting to hacking the game to steal premium items in a thread where all yer Origin usernames are posted. Not to mention advising others on how to do same.

Still cant understand for the life of me why anyone would cheat a game where there is no winner though

Oh I wouldnt do it obviously but y'all are being silly admitting to hacking the game to steal premium items in a thread where all yer Origin usernames are posted. Not to mention advising others on how to do same.

Still cant understand for the life of me why anyone would cheat a game where there is no winner though

It's not really a cheat though. It's basically having a game and instead of being limited and having to pay an extortionate amount of money to get the full potentiomal out of the game just using a little hack to get around that problem.

I personally think the in-app purchasing model is broken, and its too easy for developers to take advantage of it to make a huge amount of cash. I'm all for people getting paid for their hard work, but I think it's too much.

It's not really a cheat though. It's basically having a game and instead of being limited and having to pay an extortionate amount of money to get the full potentiomal out of the game just using a little hack to get around that problem.

I personally think the in-app purchasing model is broken, and its too easy for developers to take advantage of it to make a huge amount of cash. I'm all for people getting paid for their hard work, but I think it's too much.

But you arent forced to buy all the premium items, in fact you dont need any of them to make the game progress on its usual course. It doesnt make a blind bit of difference if you have none, the game makers even give free donuts at various points in the game.

You can choose to spend small amounts, help the game to continue to be made and use the donuts bought plus the dounts earned in the game to buy some premium items. Or you can choose to steal the premium items and be part of the reason EA may stop making updates for the game if everyone was to do it.

Finally starting skinners mum quests with "Principalling Around"!

Plus I am also on "This little Wiggy Pt. 8", "The cleaner Pt.1" and "Lenny's Downfall Pt. 2"!

On level 30!

13 more days to my crop of corn!

Regards,
    John

But you arent forced to buy all the premium items, in fact you dont need any of them to make the game progress on its usual course. It doesnt make a blind bit of difference if you have none, the game makers even give free donuts at various points in the game.

You can choose to spend small amounts, help the game to continue to be made and use the donuts bought plus the dounts earned in the game to buy some premium items. Or you can choose to steal the premium items and be part of the reason EA may stop making updates for the game if everyone was to do it.

You could really do with getting off that high horse before you fall and hurt yourself.

Before the most recent update, it cost roughly €230 to have enough donuts to get all the premium items. I dont use donuts for anything other than the way overpriced premium items and characters.

At one donut a level how long will it take you to get the 150 needed for Jasper alone?

As for helping the game continue, they are absolutely raking it in!

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    You could really do with getting off that high horse before you fall and hurt yourself.

Before the most recent update, it cost roughly €230 to have enough donuts to get all the premium items. I dont use donuts for anything other than the way overpriced premium items and characters.

At one donut a level how long will it take you to get the 150 needed for Jasper alone?

As for helping the game continue, they are absolutely raking it in!

Why would you need to get all the premium items and characters though? Does the game not progress perfectly fine without them? I have a few premium characters I won in boxes, also got a couple of snake logs early on in whacking day when I realised visiting friends was a head wreck, and Ive paid for the duff brewery and the duff party bus cause I'm a sucker for Duff stuff. The game would move along perfectly fine if I didnt have these, I could have finished whacking day without the logs, but it would have been harder, so I made the choice to get them.

Its not high horse, its really simple, the more people cheat to get premium items the less EA make, the less likely they are to keep on adding updates or put effort into making things like Squidport etc.

I agree completely that the premium items are too expensive, but I'll reiterate my earlier point, you dont HAVE to buy them, you can pick and choose which you want and it will not affect your game.

Why would you need to get all the premium items and characters though? Does the game not progress perfectly fine without them? I have a few premium characters I won in boxes, also got a couple of snake logs early on in whacking day when I realised visiting friends was a head wreck, and Ive paid for the duff brewery and the duff party bus cause I'm a sucker for Duff stuff. The game would move along perfectly fine if I didnt have these, I could have finished whacking day without the logs, but it would have been harder, so I made the choice to get them.

Its not high horse, its really simple, the more people cheat to get premium items the less EA make, the less likely they are to keep on adding updates or put effort into making things like Squidport etc.

I agree completely that the premium items are too expensive, but I'll reiterate my earlier point, you dont HAVE to buy them, you can pick and choose which you want and it will not affect your game.

It's simple. I want them. Thats all there is to it. I'm just not willing to pay €230 to get them. If they were a reasonable price, or if donuts were more common (I have all the land and think I got two donuts after the first one in the tutorial) there would be no need to use the hack.

It's simple. I want them. Thats all there is to it. I'm just not willing to pay €230 to get them. If they were a reasonable price, or if donuts were more common (I have all the land and think I got two donuts after the first one in the tutorial) there would be no need to use the hack.

But you dont need them all, there's lots of stuff we all want, but we cant simply take. The makers of the game decide the price of the premium items, unlike other games though not having them doesnt affect the progression of your game, it will go along perfectly fine without them. They provide enough donuts for free to be able to pick some premium stuff for free (not just in the rubbish, but each level up, free ones for valentines day, 10 free for whacking day, free ones at the start, the jebbidiah statue etc etc) they arent easy to come by but they can be gotten. Then if you want some of the other ones you can spend a few quid. If everyone was to take the attitude of I want so I'm gonna rob them then EA would quickly stop doing updates or at least make them less frequent and not as good.

Again I'll point out 2 things

-In my opinion the premium items are too expensive and should be cheaper
    -However you do not need to have any of them. They are a purely a choice spend, the game doesnt force you to spend real money to ensure it continues

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,976 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

That's legitimising piracy right there though...

Advertisement