Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

I do agree with both of you in a way. The stuff is really overpriced. You don't NEED the Premium items for the game, but most people who are really into the game WANT them. And if they haven't got the money to spend then the only option is either do without, or use a hacked file.

I have spent money on the game. But the way I see it is I won't be spending mad amounts of money for a game full of bugs from the off, which could crash any day forcing me to lose all my cash items. And with the terrible customer service from EA a difficult time to get anything back. They upset a lot of people who spent a huge amount of money only to login one day to have their town reset to level one.

With the amount of money EA has made in less than a year from Tapped Out alone I doubt i'll see them throwing in the towel on it anytime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,557 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

DubDJ wrote: »
    I do agree with both of you in a way. The stuff is really overpriced. You don't NEED the Premium items for the game, but most people who are really into the game WANT them. And if they haven't got the money to spend then the only option is either do without, or use a hacked file.

I have spent money on the game. But the way I see it is I won't be spending mad amounts of money for a game full of bugs from the off, which could crash any day forcing me to lose all my cash items. And with the terrible customer service from EA a difficult time to get anything back. They upset a lot of people who spent a huge amount of money only to login one day to have their town reset to level one.

With the amount of money EA has made in less than a year from Tapped Out alone I doubt i'll see them throwing in the towel on it anytime soon.

Sure you want the stuff, I want it all too, but I know I cant afford it, but I wont steal it. Just like when I'm in a shop and cant afford everything I had to decide what were the most important things to me. Fortunately EA do give some free premium currency, at least 100 donuts if you hadnt blown them on silly speeding of tasks etc, and a chance to win others. It comes down to deciding what you want to spend at the end of the day, and as I said earlier at least this game doesnt force you to spend money (or even engage in facebook spamming) to progress the game

Your own attitude to hacking the game and spending money changed a lot from this post where you'd spent only 89c and thats all you ever would spend to this post 4 days later when you were bragging about having all premium items. Sorry but the model is not sustainable if everyone is to do this.

KevIRL wrote: »
    Sure you want the stuff, I want it all too, but I know I cant afford it, but I wont steal it. Just like when I'm in a shop and cant afford everything I had to decide what were the most important things to me. Fortunately EA do give some free premium currency, at least 100 donuts if you hadnt blown them on silly speeding of tasks etc, and a chance to win others. It comes down to deciding what you want to spend at the end of the day, and as I said earlier at least this game doesnt force you to spend money (or even engage in facebook spamming) to progress the game

Your own attitude to hacking the game and spending money changed a lot from this post where you'd spent only 89c and thats all you ever would spend to this post 4 days later when you were bragging about having all premium items. Sorry but the model is not sustainable if everyone is to do this.

Are you the type of person who downloads all your music, movies and TV shows legitimately too? Because that's stealing too if not. Same as not being able to afford something in a shop and stealing it.

And if you notice I did say I'd use a hack to get the premium items. Didn't see much use of it other than that. And that's all I used it for. Still play the game as normal as ever waiting on buildings to finish and saving up to buy land and decorations.

Plenty of developers who charge a once off fee of 89c and make huge money from their app. Look at how well Angry Birds has done from that model. If EA wants to be greedy so be it. Not everybody will agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

Without getting into the legitimacy/morality/whatever of hacking the game, do you not lose the will to play it when you have the ability to get stuff instantly? I know I would, the whole point of the game being, in my opinion anyway, to have to wait to build up and get stuff, and that's where the gameplay actually comes from.
    To the lads who have hacked, what keeps ye coming back to the game?

delta36 wrote: »
    Without getting into the legitimacy/morality/whatever of hacking the game, do you not lose the will to play it when you have the ability to get stuff instantly? I know I would, the whole point of the game being, in my opinion anyway, to have to wait to build up and get stuff, and that's where the gameplay actually comes from.
    To the lads who have hacked, what keeps ye coming back to the game?

Nothing's changed except you have all the premium items. Still play as normal as ever and get excited for updates and new content. Still have to earn cash and buy land etc.

• Advertisement

As it's still building I'm not too sure of the finished product but it looks like Hermans Military Antiques is the smallest building in Tapped Out so far. The Bomb shelters look pretty small too. The test dummy's are almost bigger.

Nothing's changed except you have all the premium items. Still play as normal as ever and get excited for updates and new content. Still have to earn cash and buy land etc.

Ah, thought the hack gave you infinite donuts, which would have meant that you could insta-build everything and have near infinite money.

Ah, thought the hack gave you infinite donuts, which would have meant that you could insta-build everything and have near infinite money.

Well it kinda does. Just removes the need for donuts for buying anything. You could use it to buy a load of cash but then the game is truly pointless. Keep buying 100K with no donuts needed. But again whats the point then. It would be just a town designing game with everything available to you instantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

dulpit wrote: »
    That's legitimising piracy right there though...

Oh well.

They could have easily made the first five levels free as a demo and then you have to buy a full version. Lots of other games do that and do very well out of it. I'd have gladly done that as it would give them no excuse to charge as much as they currently do.

I spent the first 15 or so levels saving up donuts. I got Kearny and a Homer Buddah (think I got poxy white fences) and was back to square one with more and more premium items being added. I wasnt ever going to be able to get everything that way and was not spending the huge amounts required. I use the donut hack now and am very happy with it. I'd probably have lost interest with how slowly progress was going towards getting one single character. Getting them all kept me interested, probably even more than I was originally.

No amount of "you dont have to" is going to change my mind about it. Donuts at a reasonable price and more common in game, would go a long way though. EA could very easily reduce the amount of people using it by reducing prices but we all know they wont ever do that. They are making a killing from the 5 million plus players. If anything, they'll charge more. Jasper at 150 shows they still dont realise how much it actually costs. A lot of squidport is apparently donuts too. You'll be looking at well over €300 after the next update. The price of 5 full brand new PS3/360 games.

You can. I did the insta-finish on one Homer playing with his MyPad to see what happened. Havent done it since. Never did the money thing.

Weird thing happened. I started the build for Herman. But when I went on today Zestys was available for building. I hadn't finished the first building either. Looks like once you unlock the build for Herman you unlock Zestys too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

They both have the same requirements, Level 30 and "Start the 'Military Antiques Pt.1' Quest'" so as soon as you can build Herman's you can build Zesty's. Would have expected at least a mini-quest first.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭TFK

I logged in just now and every one of my friends has disappeared.

I know this has happened to others, so do they normally just reappear or do I have to send requests again?

TFK wrote: »
    I logged in just now and every one of my friends has disappeared.

I know this has happened to others, so do they normally just reappear or do I have to send requests again?

Yeah it usually is due to an Origin problem. Don't worry too much. Login later and they'll probably be back.

So who else put a Bomb Shelter in Ned's back yard? :D
    d0dRtyp.jpg?2

• Registered Users Posts: 7,465 ✭✭✭corkie

corkie wrote: »

The one near the Power Plant looks a bit out of place. I'm just gonna use the one for Ned. And try get enough space for a storage yard behind Herman's where they'll be for sale. Buy up two or three.

I reckon an update could actually come this Thursday. The level 30 tasks seem short and Zestys isn't included at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Here's mine

b6df9659b2b810a9924f0c6d95c59915_zpsc7389998.jpg

I don't like it in Neds back garden because that's not his bomb shelter! If I had more space I'd put in around 4/6 and line them up because I remember Homer walking among them deciding which one to get... I love that episode

gubbie wrote: »
    Here's mine

b6df9659b2b810a9924f0c6d95c59915_zpsc7389998.jpg

I don't like it in Neds back garden because that's not his bomb shelter! If I had more space I'd put in around 4/6 and line them up because I remember Homer walking among them deciding which one to get... I love that episode

Yeah that's what I wanna do. Even though they're identical I still like to keep to the show :D I think it's the episode where home rides the bomb in a fantasy. Was hoping for a task involving this but ya can't win em all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭YellowFeather

Yeah, I'm a fool. I just got caught up in all the mystery.

Yeah, I'm a fool. I just got caught up in all the mystery.

Well it is always good to buy one and the Homer Budda too because you always win with the first of each afaik. And by win I mean something worthwhile.

Since your new a little tip. When homers walking around Tap on him 10 times. You unlock the Jebediah Springfield statue and around 10 donuts I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,980 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Well it is always good to buy one and the Homer Budda too because you always win with the first of each afaik. And by win I mean something worthwhile.

Beware. Bought my first Homer Buddha (never noticed it before). I got 10 picket fences. This is added to my 3 picket fences I got from my playing daily mystery Box.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQszpO1Qby4_aWe2s560t2X4LDIC3blG5Z64yWyBI0ACDEpgdAR8Q

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭niamhhealy86

my id is niamhhealy86

please add me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 31,889 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I've had no access to wifi for the weekend so I'm a bit behind now. No update has come through on 1mobile market so that's not too bad. Gives me time to save up. Two days for El Chemistri to build though? That's annoying.

One thing I have discovered is visiting other towns and collecting money. You don't have to tap on all the money. Just click on the three buildings and exit the town. The money will still go to your kitty.

Mars Bar wrote: »
    One thing I have discovered is visiting other towns and collecting money. You don't have to tap on all the money. Just click on the three buildings and exit the town. The money will still go to your kitty.

That's good to know. The same thing also happens in your own town, it'll automatically get collected after a few seconds if you don't click on it.

Ok, I've been randomly clicking on and off all day now. I can see this being bad for my productivity!! Have got to visit a few of your towns - they're so nice! I can't wait to have pretty things!

Since your new a little tip. When homers walking around Tap on him 10 times. You unlock the Jebediah Springfield statue and around 10 donuts I think.

Cheers! Yeah, I'm waiting for Homer to stop watching his flipping monkey marathon! I wants them donuts!!

Would actually be brilliant if you could personalise your graffiti in other people's towns. Even if it just spelled out your username.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Seanafitz

faceman wrote: »
    Not sure if this is the right gaming forum for this but anyway
    Anyone playing Tapped Out? What do you think?

I'm enjoying it but I'm quickly realising that greater gains can be made by adding friends' cities

My username is faceman101 if anyone wants to connect.

My username is seanafitz ... Add me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

gubbie wrote: »
    Here's mine

Thats the way I plan on doing mine. Just waiting for it to come up in the quest now. Marge didnt offer anything last time she was free so was sent back to work. Hopefully she'll be more co-operative next time.

Also, my Mount Carlmore no longer resembles an out of place eyesore:

4j0qhw.png

The Conform-o-Meter is definitely broken in the latest update. Before the update I had 4.5 stars. I built the Community Centre, Zestys and Herman's Military Antiques and bought another Krusty Burger, a Gulp 'n' Blow and a few Houses. My Rating is still 4 stars. Even before I had any extra houses or stores/restaurants I had a higher rating than that.

Makes me think they had it all set for the Squidport update and changed it last minute. Meaning all those stores that were supposed to be added to your rating are missing resulting in the low ratings. Maybe Thursday will fix it :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭steve_r

The Conform-o-Meter is definitely broken in the latest update. Before the update I had 4.5 stars. I built the Community Centre, Zestys and Herman's Military Antiques and bought another Krusty Burger, a Gulp 'n' Blow and a few Houses. My Rating is still 4 stars. Even before I had any extra houses or stores/restaurants I had a higher rating than that.

Makes me think they had it all set for the Squidport update and changed it last minute. Meaning all those stores that were supposed to be added to your rating are missing resulting in the low ratings. Maybe Thursday will fix it :D

Did you go up to Level 30 - if so that might adjust the ratings required to get the 4.5 stars

Advertisement