Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,465 ✭✭✭corkie

Yeah, I know it's not worth it - 90 days is a serious commitment. A crop of corn is just calling to my irrational side.

How long have ye guys been playing to get to level 30?

Me I think since near the end of march (when it came available on android)! Hence why I have only a few days left on my crop of corn! My first post on TSTO is here and that's when it was updated to include origin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I've got 42 days left on my corn :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭endacl

cloud493 wrote: »
    I've got 42 days left on my corn :mad:

Quit now. It's pointless. It's worth more to you planting a 24hr crop once a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I don't think you can quit it, can you? You have to store it in your inventory and then place it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,465 ✭✭✭corkie

humanji wrote: »
    I don't think you can quit it, can you? You have to store it in your inventory and then place it again.

Putting anything that's currently in the middle of task into your inventory cancels the task! Handy if want to free up a character to continue a quest! and much cheaper than using donuts to speed up tasks, you just don't get the reward associated with the task!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭recyclops

corkie wrote: »
    Don't grow corn it actually takes 90+ days to grow and the money reward at the end is not great! I am 6 days and counting till I will be able to collect $45000 and 9000 xp! (plus what ever multiplier I am on, I think about 27% the last time I checked)

Is there nothing else you would get from growing corn though, I though mu game was broke as for some reason marge wouldn't start the Herman task, she eventually did so out of the blue

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Some of the tasks seem to be on a time delay. They wont start straight away, they need a bit of time after the previous.

My second game is level 15 and I've decided on white houses. Only need to check in twice a day. I get $30,000 every morning when everything is collected plus whatever tasks are finished.

Not sure how much I get on my main game, but it's a lot. Easily $500,000 a week, probably more but I'm constantly spending it on decorations and whatnot. Still havent decided what to do with Edna's apartment block.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,889 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I haven't done the house farming at all. No room on land to do it either. You really have to do it at the start of the game to do it right.

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I haven't done the house farming at all. No room on land to do it either. You really have to do it at the start of the game to do it right.

I half did it on my main game, but it was just to make it a residential area rather than farming. Didnt like it do dumped most of them into storage.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭gotthebug

Looking to get friends list up. level 25 at the mo collect everyday. gt shanecorkery. Thanks

• Advertisement

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Some of the tasks seem to be on a time delay. They wont start straight away, they need a bit of time after the previous.

My second game is level 15 and I've decided on white houses. Only need to check in twice a day. I get $30,000 every morning when everything is collected plus whatever tasks are finished.

Not sure how much I get on my main game, but it's a lot. Easily $500,000 a week, probably more but I'm constantly spending it on decorations and whatnot. Still havent decided what to do with Edna's apartment block.

2nd game?!?

:)

endacl wrote: »
    2nd game?!?

1st game is on my phone, second is on my iPad :D

1st game is on my phone, second is on my iPad :D
    Silly question number one... Can you not play the same one on both? Do you not just log on to either with your origin ID? Isn't the game held on d'interwebs?

Silly question number two... And I ask everybody who has one. Still haven't got a good answer. WTF is an iPad for?!?

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Silly question number two... And I ask everybody who has one. Still haven't got a good answer. WTF is an iPad for?!?

I love the iPad. At a time I thought I wouldn't use one. And finally caved and got one. Used it as a replacement for my laptop in college. Studying notes for exams etc. Made life so much easier. Now I use it more than my iPhone and Laptop. Play a lot of games which look a lot better on the bigger screen. Prefer to watch videos on the bigger screen. Brilliant battery life too.

I mainly use it for media consumption. Chilling out on the sofa watching videos and playing games. I'd really miss it if it was gone now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭steve_r

DubDJ wrote: »
    I love the iPad. At a time I thought I wouldn't use one. And finally caved and got one. Used it as a replacement for my laptop in college. Studying notes for exams etc. Made life so much easier. Now I use it more than my iPhone and Laptop. Play a lot of games which look a lot better on the bigger screen. Prefer to watch videos on the bigger screen. Brilliant battery life too.

I mainly use it for media consumption. Chilling out on the sofa watching videos and playing games. I'd really miss it if it was gone now.

+1 to that. I would have thought the same myself originally but I wanted an e-reader. Battery lasts a lot longer than my laptop, way more portable, everything your phone can do but on a much larger screen.

It's an expensive luxury for what it is, I used to use it a lot more but still happy to have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

steve_r wrote: »
    +1 to that. I would have thought the same myself originally but I wanted an e-reader. Battery lasts a lot longer than my laptop, way more portable, everything your phone can do but on a much larger screen.

It's an expensive luxury for what it is, I used to use it a lot more but still happy to have it.

Right now I'm watching live TV on mine!

Its the first apple product I've bought and it is an unnecessary luxury but I mostly play games on it and browse the internet - it's lighter then my laptop! It's great for games like tapped out with the bigger screen. It'll never replace my 3ds though because I need buttons! I also got mine in America so it was €280 or thereabouts.

I'm still not convinced! Maybe if one of you fine folks were to lend me your iPad for a month or two...?

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Dr.MickKiller

I'm still not convinced! Maybe if one of you fine folks were to lend me your iPad for a month or two...?

This fella got one from his daughter and found a great use for it.

This fella got one from his daughter and found a great use for it.

Interesting. Well, if anybody's happy to lend me one I'll try that. Good to know. Thanks.

Silly question number one... Can you not play the same one on both? Do you not just log on to either with your origin ID? Isn't the game held on d'interwebs?

1. Yes to all. I just wanted a second game. I get to do all the tasks twice :D

2. It replaced my laptop for ages. Their are limitations such as lack of Flash but it's great to have and will dump your laptop into the background. It's like a phone (you can even make calls with Viber on it) combinded with a laptop.

• Advertisement

Finally finishing up the latest Level 30 tasks. Just about to send Herman and Marge on their 24 hour tasks which wraps up the all tasks for Level 30. Also a nice little surprise for people when they do finish the task. (I read the walk through so I know what's happening next). Should be all wrapped up tomorrow night.

Few things to note. The tasks were extremely long making me think it was supposed to stretch out for 2 weeks and keep people busy. I'd be very surprised if the next major update didn't come on Thursday (e.g. Squidport)

Also the dialog, although controversial, gave me the impression that Wolfcastle and his mansion will definitely be added for Level 31. Few references in the script so safe to say that's coming soon.

Interesting update all the same.

It's like a phone (you can even make calls with Viber on it) combinded with a laptop.

It's not! It's a big screened phone that can't make phone calls.

Having an android phone makes me realise how restricted the ipad is. I can only do what apple wants me to do. And no flash.

If you want to do anything illegal the iPads useless

gubbie wrote: »

Having an android phone makes me realise how restricted the ipad is. I can only do what apple wants me to do. And no flash.

And why is that such a bad thing? I've a pain with the whole Flash thing. It was a wise decision not including it. Whatever the real reason was (money or battery life) it worked well for Apple. I don't have problems not having it. Barely ever run into websites that need it. HTML5 is replacing it quickly now anyways. Adobe has discontinued Flash for mobile devices so it goes to show its not even in their best interests keeping it around, even with the huge number of Android phones using it. It's a never ending source of security vunerabilities too.

It can make phone calls, with Viber and I'm sure plently of other free Apps.

What exactly can you not do?

Hopefully we arent going too far off topic :pac: To get back on topic, what was the Wolfcastle reference? Wonder if I missed it, or didnt get it yet.

To get back on topic, what was the Wolfcastle reference? Wonder if I missed it, or didnt get it yet.

Sorry I actually read it here while I read ahead in the game. Was getting curious because the tasks seemed to be going on forever. He mentions Wolfcastle films. Then a few more lines and he says the next update will 'knock your socks off'. Maybe just me reading into it too much but it is highly likely that this will be the next level update. He's already in the files. Just not sure when he's coming.

What exactly can you not do?

This is what I can't do that I would want to do. There are plenty of other things

Things I can do on my android but not an apple tablet
    Play roms - I really like rehashing some games I played as a kid on my phone. No emulators on the App Store.

Things I can do on a laptop but not on a tablet
    Lego mindstorms coding - a computer is needed. I'd say any programming is much suited to computers actually. I can't imagine even practicing on a tablet.
    Gaming - the majority of games in the App Store and google play really are just casual gaming. Like the simpsons tapped out. There's nothing taxing about it. It's just tap tap tap. I don't get the gaming experience from any game on a touchscreen. There's nothing to draw you in like a good pc game does (or console).

I don't like playing the Simpsons on my phone though. Probably because I've very often while scrolling accidentally hit the back button and exited the game! Grr. And I have a galaxy s2 and I think the screen is tiny. I think I'd go mad on a iPhone 4

This is what I can't do that I would want to do. There are plenty of other things

Things I can do on my android but not an apple tablet
    Play roms - I really like rehashing some games I played as a kid on my phone. No emulators on the App Store.

Things I can do on a laptop but not on a tablet
    Lego mindstorms coding - a computer is needed. I'd say any programming is much suited to computers actually. I can't imagine even practicing on a tablet.
    Gaming - the majority of games in the App Store and google play really are just casual gaming. Like the simpsons tapped out. There's nothing taxing about it. It's just tap tap tap. I don't get the gaming experience from any game on a touchscreen. There's nothing to draw you in like a good pc game does (or console).

I don't like playing the Simpsons on my phone though. Probably because I've very often while scrolling accidentally hit the back button and exited the game! Grr. And I have a galaxy s2 and I think the screen is tiny. I think I'd go mad on a iPhone 4

In the last 6 months I've seen around 3 different emulators on the App Store. They might have been snuck on disguised as something else but they were still there. Safe to say they were quickly removed. So that coulda solved one problem for ya. Also to note the quality of gaming is certainly improving on iOS, especially with the ever increasing processors and RAM upgrades. The trailer for the upcoming MC5 looks good. Getting closer and closer to console gaming graphics. Lots of big name games on iOS and Android. GTA 3 and VC for example. Two of my fav's.

I can play ROM's on my phone with no trouble at all. There are also games like FIFA on it but I havent tried them.

Ah I somehow predicted that you'd use examples of really good games that are on the ipad as ones that are cross platform games. Phoenix Wright is an excellent game and I surely .would buy it if I hadn't already played it 3 years ago on the ds.

And regards your argument about emulators, come on, you're saying that if I had been there at that time and very quickly gotten an emulator when it had appeared on the App Store then I wouldn't be cribbing. Wasnt it described as something else too? Right now I can't get one.

I also don't care for graphics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,889 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

So...the game?

Reached level 30 this morning. Still have to try and build The Pimento Grove but there is always other buildings to build!

Advertisement