Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Would be good if there was an interactive element again. Led to some great banter here. Everybody wanting a willy...

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭TFK

Updating now, well trying too.......

• Registered Users Posts: 39,559 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Homer starts the Squidport quests.....

Everything in Squidport (including the premium items) are only unlocked by quest, the boardwalk tiles can take a while too build as well, up to 2 days, also gonna cost a LOT of in game money, So looks like the update will take a while to get through - for the non hackers/cheaters anyway which can only be a good thing, nothing worse than not having new things to do in the game

Fences can now rotate 360 degrees

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭7ofBrian

No updates in the android store for me :(

• Advertisement

endacl wrote: »
    Would be good if there was an interactive element again. Led to some great banter here. Everybody wanting a willy...

No interactive element to this

7ofBrian wrote: »
    No updates in the android store for me :(

Check under the My Apps option.

Ah interesting, some of the Squidport tasks 'pay' out Boardwalk tiles

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭7ofBrian

TFK wrote: »
    Check under the My Apps option.

Nope. not in the list :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,465 ✭✭✭corkie

7ofBrian wrote: »
    Nope. not in the list :(

Try going to the app page for it! Just to note the downloading of the app isn't working at the moment! I was hoping that they might have pulled it to resubmit fixing the bug, going by your post! But no luck I cleared the app data for google play and it still showed up!

On another note you can no longer visit friends who have already updated!

• Advertisement

I have started the squidport stuff, homer is currently swearing at the sea.

Just so people know, you need a good chunk of money to start as you need to buy the land and sea expansion as well as the entrance.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Android app available for me, but not downloading. Stuck at 0%. Stupid EA.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,889 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Have to wait for 1mobile market to get the update but that's okay, I still have to build Fat Tony's Mansion and the Skinner House.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭CSSE09

Connected to my US vpn, have the android update downloading now, couldn't get it working without the vpn though.

Have homer on a 24 hour task which isn't finished for an hour, can't store the house to get him out any quicker I shouldn't have bothered with the vpn. The land/sea is very expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭endacl

KevIRL wrote: »

Fences can now rotate 360 degrees

Bugger. Now I've to go tidy up me fences...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,465 ✭✭✭corkie

CSSE09 wrote: »
    Connected to my US vpn, have the android update downloading now, couldn't get it working without the vpn though.

Thanks for the tip, I used http://superfreevpn.com/ and it's now downloading for me!

It looks like building the boardwalk is going to be expensive ( depending on how big you want it) and time consuming. First bit cost 250 with 60 min build time, second bit cost 450 with 2hr build time.

Can you only do one at a time? Or have I missed something?

Also I think I need to hire a town planner, I haven't a clue what to do with my town.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Ive over 500k saved from the last 2 weeks so hoping it gets me off to a start. Strange it dropping on Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭CSSE09

One at a time going by what others are saying over in the EA forums. Thta's going to be painful.

DubDJ wrote: »
    Ive over 500k saved from the last 2 weeks so hoping it gets me off to a start. Strange it dropping on Wednesday.

That should give you a great start.

• Advertisement

TFK wrote: »
    It looks like building the boardwalk is going to be expensive ( depending on how big you want it) and time consuming. First bit cost 250 with 60 min build time, second bit cost 450 with 2hr build time.

Can you only do one at a time? Or have I missed something?

Also I think I need to hire a town planner, I haven't a clue what to do with my town.

The multiplier works for the tiles, if you have loads of premium items and a high multiplier.

The time goes up dramatically though after you get 3 tiles

• Registered Users Posts: 31,889 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Just as well I set my characters out for 12 hour tasks coz now I'm locked out of the app until the update comes through for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,981 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Just saved up 55K to buy Mrs Krabappel's apartment. So I have less than 1K, about to collect some money now... Tough times in the dulpit town...

CSSE09 wrote: »
    One at a time going by what others are saying over in the EA forums. Thta's going to be painful.

Meh, whats the rush, cant understand the hurry to have everything done as quickly as possible and the the inevitable complaining from those forum types that there is nothing new in the game for ages. Squidport should last a long time.

Again it seems like the premium items in Squidport are not necessary to progress the game, and the likes of the premium artist characters on there dont venture outside of Squidport

Love how its possible to place buildings on the land near the beach. Definitely going to move Sir Putts a Lot and the Ice-cream shop beside the sea

• Registered Users Posts: 10,981 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Hmm, update is stuck at 0%...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

Cant update in android :( this is the first update on android n its wrecking my head

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭recyclops

My gf text me I got update, half hour later she still cant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

corkie wrote: »
    Thanks for the tip, I used http://superfreevpn.com/ and it's now downloading for me!

Sweet, cheers for that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Fúck it, I'll just wait till tomorrow when EA or Google sort out the update.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I used the tunnelbear android app to update, uninstalled and then it installed properly which it wouldn't do before. Downloading in game update now, hopefully will work.

Advertisement