Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

Is it saying that 'the device is un compatible for the update' for everyone else that cant update??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,465 ✭✭✭corkie

Finally my river runs all the way from my springfield falls to just the very edge of the water, pity it can not flow into it!

258066.png

Sorry to a few members of my friends if you don't like your buildings sprayed or cleaned by visitors, my Righteousness took a massive dive today and i needed to get it up again!

I was out of the game for a while because as soon as i had updated the game it crashes at the tap to continue bug and I had to download all the in app updates again and it took ages! So that bug still is not fixed with this update!

Please anyone experiencing the crashing bug in android (just after tap to continue),
    Could you visit this link and click on me too in the EA Answer HQ! You probably need to login using your origin id! Thank you!

Regards,
    John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Wow, there's a guy (or maybe girl?) on my friends list who has bought all the seafront, a fair amount of water and built a decent amount of boardwalk already. That must've cost some amount of money/donuts!

Vojera wrote: »
    Wow, there's a guy (or maybe girl?) on my friends list who has bought all the seafront, a fair amount of water and built a decent amount of boardwalk already. That must've cost some amount of money/donuts!

More than likely its a sign of a hacked game!

It's played out in quest form and the buildings only unlock once you have quest's done. One of the first tasks is for "homer to swear at the ocean" for 12hrs!

It also takes an hour to build one boardwalk section!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

corkie wrote: »
    More than likely its a sign of a hacked game!
    Ah, I'd say you're right. I never thought of that!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Mine downloaded with no problem? Don't even need it yet, I'm only on level 8 :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Luckily my town finished all tasks about 1hr after the update dropped. So Homer is currently shouting at the sea. And have part of the Boardwalk built. Strange update so far, nothing available for immediate build, not even decorations.

I've a feeling the whole storyline will give us one piece at a time. I'd say Level 31 will drop during this update too. Started to get boring after Whacking Day so i'm glad this is here to reignite my addiction to the game :D

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Nesie

Been trying to download all evening. No joy yet and I can't get in in the meantime to collect cash! Very frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

I'm having the same problem, download stuck at 0. Oddly enough the app didn't want to update from within, it directed me to the play store.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

delta36 wrote: »
    I'm having the same problem, download stuck at 0. Oddly enough the app didn't want to update from within, it directed me to the play store.

Try connecting through a us based VPN. It will then download!

I posted on EA AnswerHQ here

You might visit and click the Me Too button!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Just noticed Springfield Downs has changed for betting. It's not 2,000 to enter instead of 5,000. You can win up to 200,000 no but with 99/1 odds.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

KevIRL wrote: »
    Everything in Squidport (including the premium items) are only unlocked by quest, the boardwalk tiles can take a while too build as well, up to 2 days, also gonna cost a LOT of in game money, So looks like the update will take a while to get through - for the non hackers/cheaters anyway which can only be a good thing, nothing worse than not having new things to do in the game

Fences can now rotate 360 degrees
    Still on that high horse anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

Hmm on my tablet the download is stuck at 0 (probably hogging resources too), and on my s4 the app brings me to the play store to update which tells me the app is not available in my country! The devs really do release buggy updates for this game don't they!

Hmm on my tablet the download is stuck at 0 (probably hogging resources too), and on my s4 the app brings me to the play store to update which tells me the app is not available in my country! The devs really do release buggy updates for this game don't they!
    I've never heard a complaint from the Apple side, but constantly hear complaints from the Android side. Bizarre how one is seemingly flawless while the other has tons of problems.

Doesnt look to be anything as limited time so you dont have to worry about starting later. Most of it seems to be quest related so I'm guessing it'll be a while before we get anything else. Krustyland maybe?

Lamposts have gone from unlocked to locked as soon as I decide to start using them. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

delta36 wrote: »

These are Google's new terms for updates after the Facebook problem.

http://www.zdnet.com/google-outlaws-android-app-updates-that-dont-come-from-its-play-store-7000014574/

• Registered Users Posts: 15,661 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I was getting that message on android too - not available in my country, but this morning I just searched for the app in the Play Store, and it gave me the option to upgrade. It's installing the in-game updates on the load screen now so it should be ok that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,981 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Yep, wouldn't update last night, updated now.

Can't afford any sea land expansions yet :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

what is the usual deal with these updates. Is it likely to be permanent?
    Id imagine some of it would be permanent to the game.

I'm still leveling, so not sure if I have to concentrate all my effort in the squid-port stuff or can I get round to it later?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,559 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

what is the usual deal with these updates. Is it likely to be permanent?
    Id imagine some of it would be permanent to the game.

I'm still leveling, so not sure if I have to concentrate all my effort in the squid-port stuff or can I get round to it later?

None of the items are marked as limited so it looks like the whole thing will be permanent

• Registered Users Posts: 15,661 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I had a nice bit of cash saved up ever since the time of the snakes & the last update. So I went a bought a load of land/water, only to realise it takes an hour to build each piece. Now to just remember to go on every other hour now to build another piece!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

KevIRL wrote: »
    None of the items are marked as limited so it looks like the whole thing will be permanent

cheers, I dint get a chance to look around yet, my time was wasted updating it. quickly spent the money I had on beach and sea and logged off.

FitzShane wrote: »
    I had a nice bit of cash saved up ever since the time of the snakes & the last update. So I went a bought a load of land/water, only to realise it takes an hour to build each piece. Now to just remember to go on every other hour now to build another piece!

It's two hours for the second piece, not sure about the third but it'll probably increase up to 24hrs.

Seems to double each time. 1 -> 2 -> 4 -> 8. Thats what I'm on. Only difference is more expierence each time.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭CSSE09

There's a bug when you visit a friends town and hit the tile over the squidport, it removes that tile from your friend and they have to start over from the same point. Until that gets fixed make sure not to do that.

CSSE09 wrote: »
    There's a bug when you visit a friends town and hit the tile over the squidport, it removes that tile from your friend and they have to start over from the same point. Until that gets fixed make sure not to do that.

Would that not just put the shaking hands over Squidport and they could still click it? Or does it remove the tile that was built?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,889 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

They are finally letting those of us who can't get the update yet to go into the town and work away as normal. Can't access other peoples towns who have the upgrade yet but still better than nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Has anyone come up with a solution yet regarding not being able to see your friends springfields?

E.g. I'm Apple and the GF is Android, we both have the game. My Springfield comes up on her version of the game but her Springfield won't come up on mine.

Very annoying.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭CSSE09

Would that not just put the shaking hands over Squidport and they could still click it? Or does it remove the tile that was built?

Yea the shaking hand appears but when you click that you get no tile. The progression for that tile is reset. When I logged on this morning I seen the hand above my squidport, clicked it and got no tile, tapped the make button and it's the same tile from last night.

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9556984.page

Advertisement