Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

I'm still leveling, so not sure if I have to concentrate all my effort in the squid-port stuff or can I get round to it later?

Squid port seems to start at level 15 and be a part of the game's normal progression, I have the update but everyone was on 12 hour tasks and just logging in now to free them and start messing with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,889 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Wahey! Just got the update. :)

It's gonna take me forever but that's grand. The longevity of the game is nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

I've left off sending Homer on the 12 hour task as I won't be near my game in 12 hours and he will earn more money on some shorter tasks till later today when I will put him on for 12 hours so he's done in the morning, will build up tiles/cash till then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Seems to double each time. 1 -> 2 -> 4 -> 8. Thats what I'm on. Only difference is more expierence each time.

more expensive each time too :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Clubsport

It takes 364.5 days to get all boardwalk pieces.

I'v just spend 3 Million and 9000 Donuts getting them, Just working through the storyline now. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Clubsport wrote: »
    It takes 364.5 days to get all boardwalk pieces.

I'v just spend 3 Million and 9000 Donuts getting them, Just working through the storyline now. :)

How many pieces does that work out to? Can you cover all the sea with boardwalk?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Clubsport

How many pieces does that work out to? Can you cover all the sea with boardwalk?

Havn't a clue, I havn't covered it all as I'v fenced off water sections on the boardwalk.

It's 3 land plots out down the left side, You can cover it all but you'll still have a tiny strip of water at each side.

Some of the pieces will take up to 3 days to build!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Don't know of this has been said already but if you make homer read his mypad and the keep tapping on him, you'll get the jebediah Springfield statue and you also get 10 donuts :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,627 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

CSSE09 wrote: »
    Yea the shaking hand appears but when you click that you get no tile. The progression for that tile is reset. When I logged on this morning I seen the hand above my squidport, clicked it and got no tile, tapped the make button and it's the same tile from last night.

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9556984.page

Got stung with this too. :mad:

faceman wrote: »
    Got stung with this too. :mad:

Hey faceman, have you sorted out your mess of a town yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭endacl

"Ah, the boardwalk. Full of charming junkies..."

- Homer J Simpson.

:)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,627 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Hey faceman, have you sorted out your mess of a town yet?

lol not yet!

faceman wrote: »
    lol not yet!

Was just in it there a while ago. Looking better than it was at least. During whacking day it was a proper mess. Buildings all over the place, Hail Ants signs everywhere you looked, barely a road in sight. Couldn't find a snake for shít!

corkie wrote: »
    What list? If we need one add my name to it!

Well, we could put together a fresh list of active players who want to add/be added. I've space for about 40. So.... New list. Reply and add your origin ID.

endacl

endacl wrote: »
    Well, we could put together a fresh list of active players who want to add/be added. I've space for about 40. So.... New list. Reply and add your origin ID.

endacl

michaeldoyle1984
    I've around another 30 spots I think

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Looks like this is gonna be a long drawn out update. Probably better though as it will keep people coming back for more.

What I don't like however is nearly a year to collect all the boardwalk tiles! It's this definitely accurate?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

endacl wrote: »

endacl

garethsema724
    karifans

both active

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

Lgoring21

DubDJ wrote: »
    Looks like this is gonna be a long drawn out update. Probably better though as it will keep people coming back for more.

What I don't like however is nearly a year to collect all the boardwalk tiles! It's this definitely accurate?

If it is it'll be longer than that even as you have to add all the time that it's ready and you haven't clicked on it and started the new one yet. I always find myself every couple of days with no programme running at Channel 6 as I forget to do it.

DubDJ wrote: »

Seems its not a timed update. There's no limit, so there's no rush. So, anybody under level 15. No panic. It'll be there when you're ready. You're not missing out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭tjalana

taylorjame79 still playing and needs friends,thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭TFK

Saw a few towns today with squidport completed, where is the fun in that?

I like finally earning enough money to build a new building, even if it does take days.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭Wossack

Im pretty active, but dont visit other towns - my old 3gs is so bloody slow loading other towns I cba sadly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

TFK wrote: »
    Saw a few towns today with squidport completed, where is the fun in that?

Those same people will probably be complaining in a week that they're bored and they'll want something new to come out :rolleyes:

It seems Squidport is permanent (it would want to be, given how much money and time is going to go into it!), so it's a good way of keeping players at level 30 who've completed all the quests happy, and new players can add to it as they want, or wait until they have the normal town finished, or go between both.

I'm lv30 but I've still got a good few buildings to catch up on, so I'm happy to do a bit of Squidport and do a bit of regular building as I save up the cash. I'm interested to see how it turns out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,465 ✭✭✭corkie

Please don't tap on the squidport entrance when visiting friends towns , I had a tile building last night and when I got back today, tile was gone!

More on the subject from TSTOtips

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Hey. Just started playing this today after having it on the phone for ages. Add me - malistheman

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

Any one know how to hack it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭7ofBrian

4.3 hack not available on android yet. dunno about iphone. Usually takes a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,889 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

One and a half day builds are a pain in the arse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

So far i've reached the Itchy and Scratchy build. Wonder how long it actually takes until all new buildings, decorations and characters are unlocked with the latest update.

One thing about EA, they change the system each time with each update. Valentines and Whacking Day were very social updates. This one requires a lot of time and constant logging it to keep things going at a fast rate. It's an addictive mixture they've got going. Combine that with arguably one of the best cartoon TV shows out there and you've got a money making machine! :D

Advertisement