Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

Anyone wrote: »
    Starting to get annoying now....lvl 28, I have 3 buildings I need to build(havent got the cash) I am running out of space and cant afford land, and now squidport is wanting more money to build stuff!!

i have 2 accounts in tapped out one on ipad one on iphone,

the ipad one was started ages before the iphone, but i found the progression was brilliant as it meant i could buy buildings/land/decorations as i needed them. the iphone got caught in this buy on top of each other thing, and its a mess. i too am running out of space/money far too often so i never finish things (because i forget about them or have moved on to the next thing by the time i save the money) its ridiculous.

im hoping they go back to the way it was, much better than this pile it all on thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

I've noticed the Duff/Barney blimp is now making a burping sound when clicked. Before that was mute.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

I am still active. Add me if you haven't already

mrsflushdraw
    lewisbaitson

Please add my son as well as he needs some neighbours. Cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Apparently the last 30 Squidport boards will take
    84 hours
    each!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

What? I was hoping they'd peak at 24 hours :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,465 ✭✭✭corkie

From the sticky on the EA forums
    First 4 are free.
    Tile 5 takes 1 hour $250
    6 takes 2 hours $450
    7 takes 4 hours $850
    8 takes 8 hours $1700
    9 takes 12 hours $2500
    10 takes 16 hours $3350
    11 - 15 take 24 hours $5000 (5 days)
    16 - 30 take 36 hours $7,500 (22.5 days)
    31 - 60 take 48 hours $10,000 (60 days)
    61 - 90 take 60 hours $12,500 (75 days)
    91 - 120 Need to redo my Springield!105 take 72 hours $15,000 (90 days)
    121 - 151 take 84 hours $17,500 (108.5 days)
    About 345 days total time.

With scheduling added so your around to collect the tiles when they are ready! It will take longer than the 345 days! I will be starting the build of my 11th tiles this evening, collecting my 10th shorthly!

Please remember: Do not click on the tile floating over the SquidPort entrance when visiting friends towns!

I think that message has gotten out, I have seen a few tiles floating over friends town's when visiting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭ruthiepie

None of those fixes worked for but have finally managed to sort it. It seemed to be a play store issue which other people have also been having trouble with. Have found a fix and finally updated my game!!

Everyone is in tasks at the moment so don't really know what's new yet but it better be worth it after the hassle I've had trying to update it!!!

ruthiepie wrote: »
    None of those fixes worked for but have finally managed to sort it. It seemed to be a play store issue which other people have also been having trouble with. Have found a fix and finally updated my game!!

Everyone is in tasks at the moment so don't really know what's new yet but it better be worth it after the hassle I've had trying to update it!!!

Glad to hear you got your problem with the playstore sorted (what was the solution in the end?)

You need homer free to start squidport quests! (Post 2 in this thread on the EA forum has the details)

Where is everyone else at in the squidport quests?

I currently have the "Sea Captain read nautical literature" which finishes around midnight, I also have the task for bart "set off flares in Brown House" waiting to go. Waiting to the end of the day when I send everyone on 12 hour tasks. Building my 11th tile!

Other tasks I have are: Couch Surfin USA Pt. 4 and Military Antiques Pt.4.

Two of my friends that I have, nearly have completed the boardwalk and they have either spent a fortune or hacked the game!

This is my sea side so far!
    992975_10151513784691298_1423923232_n.jpg

1013427_10151513785056298_142239433_n.jpg

oops was moving things around and i forgot I placed the broken down washing machine there, it is back in front of the apartments building!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭endacl

corkie wrote: »
    From the sticky on the EA forums

With scheduling added so your around to collect the tiles when they are ready! It will take longer than the 345 days! I will be starting the build of my 11th tiles this evening, collecting my 10th shorthly!

Please remember: Do not click on the tile floating over the SquidPort entrance when visiting friends towns!

I think that message has gotten out, I have seen a few tiles floating over friends town's when visiting!

Doesn't really matter. Plenty of other tasks to be getting on with while the boardwalk is building. I think, after whacking day, we've all become conditioned to build and finish everything as quickly as possible. You only need enough tiles to hold the buildings you have. I'd prefer to see EA adding a batch of levels rather than tacking them on one at a time. Maybe squidport is intended to slow us level 30s down a bit? Also, I can imagine the cost and build times coming down a bit once the novelty has worn off.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,889 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Did the place a bet option in Springfield Downs come down in price? Thought it was 5000 and now it's 2000.

• Advertisement

Also, I just sent Homer and Lisa on a clean up at the same time and they picked up a donut each!

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Did the place a bet option in Springfield Downs come down in price? Thought it was 5000 and now it's 2000.
    Mars Bar wrote: »
    Also, I just sent Homer and Lisa on a clean up at the same time and they picked up a donut each!

Just wondering why two post's? Could you not have just edited your previous post! Yes the price went down with the squidport update, well done on the treasured items of donuts.

Just wondering why two post's? Could you not have just edited your previous post! Yes the price went down with the squidport update, well done on the treasured items of donuts.

Just quicker. Seeing the "edited by Mars Bar @" in a post really annoys me too. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭ruthiepie

Glad to hear you got your problem with the playstore sorted (what was the solution in the end?)

It turned out to be a simple enough fix. Just had to go into my application manager and reset my application preferences. Never touched them to begin with but at least it's sorted now

Hmm need to raise loads of money it seems for squidport. Lucky enough I have everyone coming out of a 24 hour task at 11 tonight so that should give me a fair bit of cash to start things off!

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭badgerhowlin

Any one got this problem.

After building The Itchy and Scratchy Store You can not press Done on the Squidport Pt.5.

Any one got this problem.

After building The Itchy and Scratchy Store You can not press Done on the Squidport Pt.5.

Known bug! Just store it in your inventory and put it out again!

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭badgerhowlin

Thanks Corkie

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭TFK

Just finished the military quests, I won't spoil it for anyone but it did make me giggle.

Bart is currently buying flares and the sea captain is off reading.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

TFK wrote: »
    Just finished the military quests, I won't spoil it for anyone but it did make me giggle.

Bart is currently buying flares and the sea captain is off reading.

did you get donuts? i got donuts but i accidentally skipped the why part....

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Clubsport

1-4 Free instant builds

Tile 5 – $250/60 minutes or 2 donuts to rush

Tile 6 – $450/2 hours or 2 donuts

Tile 7 – $850/4 hours or 2 donuts

Tile 8 – $1,700/8 hours or 4 donuts

Tile 9 – $2,500/12 hours or 6 donuts

Tile 10 – $3,350/16 hours or 8 donuts

Tiles 11-15 – $5,000/24 hours or 12 donuts

Tiles 16-30 – $7,500/1 day 12 hours or 18 donuts

Tiles 31-60 – $10,000/2 days or 24 donuts

Tiles 61-90 – $12,500/2 days 12 hours or 30 donuts

Tiles 91-120 – $15,000/ 3 days or 36 donuts

Tiles 121-150 – $17,500/ 3 days 12 hours or 42 donuts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,559 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

hoodwinked wrote: »

Yep, 3 donuts given at the end of it

• Registered Users Posts: 39,559 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Handy guide listing all the land prices, including the Squidport update

springfield.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Wow I've only got about a quarter of the map unlocked. Long way to go.

Kinda the opposite of the old Irish way of thinking about land, isn't it?

They are making more of it...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

endacl wrote: »
    Kinda the opposite of the old Irish way of thinking about land, isn't it?

They are making more of it...

In the Dutch sense of reclaiming it from the sea. Just checked and I'm closer to a fifth of the total land.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Whacking Day helped me build up a lot of land. Now I've too much. Still wanna buy it all though, I'm a bit of a completionist :D I'd like to see more sea related items in a future update. Maybe the garbage barge that's been in the show once or twice. Or just general boats. Take advantage of the sea area.

In the Dutch sense of reclaiming it from the sea. Just checked and I'm closer to a fifth of the total land.

I have a feeling that map will expand. Xeno's paradox...

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭TFK

hoodwinked wrote: »

Yeah I got donuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Assuming the other sides havent expanded I'm only missing the coastal land. I kept ignoring builds and buying land instead :o

• Advertisement

Small update just received

The only reported change from the EA forums is that:
    The original lamp post is back.

I wonder did they fix the Tile tapping and how?

Edit: The tile tapping has been reported fixed on this forum

Advertisement