Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭endacl

corkie wrote: »
    I wonder did they fix the Tile tapping and how?
    Only one way to find out. Wanna volunteer?

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Just got the update too, tiny and barely noticeable. Just downloaded instantly. I was wondering was the removal of the lampost a glitch, now I know :D

I keep forgetting to click on that Squidport arch. Lost a fair few hours in build time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭steve_r

DubDJ wrote: »
    Just got the update too, tiny and barely noticeable. Just downloaded instantly. I was wondering was the removal of the lampost a glitch, now I know :D

I keep forgetting to click on that Squidport arch. Lost a fair few hours in build time.

Yeah I don't get the logic behind the tiles really. For the bigger buildings, it'll take me longer to get the tiles than to build the building? Delighted with Squidport though, think it's added a lot to the game without being the absolute grind that whacking day was.

steve_r wrote: »
    Yeah I don't get the logic behind the tiles really. For the bigger buildings, it'll take me longer to get the tiles than to build the building? Delighted with Squidport though, think it's added a lot to the game without being the absolute grind that whacking day was.

For me I'd prefer to build the boardwalk first, then add the buildings over time. It doesn't make sense to have buildings easily accessible but nowhere to put them.

Maybe even give a few more free tiles at first. And then build them up over time.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,981 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

For me I'd prefer to build the boardwalk first, then add the buildings over time. It doesn't make sense to have buildings easily accessible but nowhere to put them.

Maybe even give a few more free tiles at first. And then build them up over time.

Tiles aren't an issue for me, it's the land expansion (stupid lack of money)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,627 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I've almost 2.1m in cash saved but I'm saving for the giant magnifying glass yoke which is 3m. Its hard to avoid haemorrhaging cash with the squidport update

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭Catphish

I've added a couple of you, thanks for accepting :) If anyone else would like to add me on there I'm Catphish13

I'm only on it a couple of weeks but I'm up to level 19 and progressing along nicely. I know other people can see my springfield, but I can't see theirs. Has anybody else had this problem? I think it's some kind of a synch issue but I don't know how to resolve it :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

Few weeks and on level 19?!? How the heck? !?

PinkFly wrote: »
    Few weeks and on level 19?!? How the heck? !?

Dedication.

endacl wrote: »
    Dedication.
    This ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

And there was me thinking I'm addicted obviously not as bad as you :P

PinkFly wrote: »
    And there was me thinking I'm addicted obviously not as bad as you :P
    Oh I'd well believe you are :D Seriously though, I send them all off on hourly tasks. Few taps to collect and send them off again when I have a sec, then I send them off on long tasks just before bed. Also, when the builds get as low as 2 doughnuts to speed up a build I've used my level up doughnuts on them. This thread is going for months. I have work to do to catch up on you lot :D

I'm still having this issue with seeing other peoples springfields unless I log into someone elses device, weird :confused:

it's a tidy but small set up Sure you can add me if you like :)

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭CSSE09

Catphish wrote: »
    Oh I'd well believe you are :D Seriously though, I send them all off on hourly tasks. Few taps to collect and send them off again when I have a sec, then I send them off on long tasks just before bed. Also, when the builds get as low as 2 doughnuts to speed up a build I've used my level up doughnuts on them. This thread is going for months. I have work to do to catch up on you lot :D

I'm still having this issue with seeing other peoples springfields unless I log into someone elses device, weird :confused:

Sure you can add me if you like, it's a tidy but small set up :o:)
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, save them you could get something decent later on with them.

CSSE09 wrote: »
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, save them you could get something decent later on with them.
    I was waiting for someone to pick me up on that! I know it should bother me, but it doesn't at the moment.

/sells house to buy doughnuts later :pac:

Sure you can add me if you like :)

I used to do that. Whacking day got it out of my system though. Now I check in every evening and send all the little yellow feckers of for another 24 hours task. Squidport kind of put the game in perspective. If it'll take a year to complete, what's the rush? Plus, the developers can't seem to keep up with those of us on level 30. I'd like to see a whole lump if levels appearing at once. I may be wrong, but I appear to have spent at least a third of the time since I started this game on level 30.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,465 ✭✭✭corkie

If your on android have you tried clearing the app data and do a force close on the app, you will have to download the in app updates again!

The other option might me to uninstall the game and install again, but the above should do the same thing as that!

Thanks for accepting my friend request!

I found a bug with the Human Statue, If your boardwalk is full with buildings and he has nowhere to walk to, he gets stuck on the spot! See screenshot below!

1017207_10151517679536298_731907336_n.jpg

Anyone try storing buildings so you can build the next? I was nearly tempted to do it! I am currently on Squidport Pt. 11 (2nd post in thread), so it's a waiting game for me for next 4/5 days building tiles!

As i was playing the waiting game, I decide to start the build on Zesty's and I built Pimento Grove recently as well that is why my cash is low in the above picture!

I think I have enough expansion to finish the boardwalk tasks as you only need
    "You can fit all the buildings on 15 squares exactly, if you lay them out in a 3×5 grid.

So i get puzzle at people buy too much expansion at the start?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 tnynll

this game is seriously addictive!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭steve_r

I used to do that. Whacking day got it out of my system though. Now I check in every evening and send all the little yellow feckers of for another 24 hours task. Squidport kind of put the game in perspective. If it'll take a year to complete, what's the rush? Plus, the developers can't seem to keep up with those of us on level 30. I'd like to see a whole lump if levels appearing at once. I may be wrong, but I appear to have spent at least a third of the time since I started this game on level 30.

Yeah same here. Now that I know I'm up to date with the storyline, I just want the characters occupied so as I've funds to advance in Squidport.

As regards saving donuts to buy stuff, I did that, took me ages and eventually had enough, got one premium character through a homer buddha and that was it. I don't think it's feasible to get the premium stuff by saving donuts, I think its just for spenders and hackers (please don't let this start annother debate! :pac:)

I see what you're saying. I think I'm suffering the same eagerness most did to start out with, thats all :o

I've never had a whacking day, though I've skimmed through the thread so I know it exists. I think my problem is related to origin and a sync thing, and as a result I can add people as friends and they can see my springfield, but I cannot see theirs. I can from someone elses phone though, so when I do hop on I've been tapping on my friends worlds etc. Its a bit sh1t I can't do it from my own device :(

I don't know why but I'm not enjoying this update as much as I have others. I think the Boardwalk thing annoyed me. So now I've to hold off on buildings. And even when I have space they're squashed together and look crap.

• Advertisement

If your on android have you tried clearing the app data and do a force close on the app, you will have to download the in app updates again!

The other option might me to uninstall the game and install again, but the above should do the same thing as that!
    I'm not on android :/ I've also uninstalled and re-installed, no luck.
    Thanks for accepting my friend request!
    No bother, I've already been in on another device :D
    I found a bug with the Human Statue, If your boardwalk is full with buildings and he has nowhere to walk to, he gets stuck on the spot! See screenshot below!

1017207_10151517679536298_731907336_n.jpg

I have the squidport update, but I haven't started it yet as at level 19 I've still a bit of work to do on dry land :) I've expanded out a little and can't justify spending the money on the water yet when I've so much still to do.

thanks for the tips anyway, hopefully I'll get sorted soon!

I don't know why but I'm not enjoying this update as much as I have others. I think the Boardwalk thing annoyed me. So now I've to hold off on buildings. And even when I have space they're squashed together and look crap.

I know what you mean. We were all expecting another 'event' what we got was an expansion. So, while I'm happy with an expansion, I must admit I'm looking forward to an event...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,465 ✭✭✭corkie

I'm not on android :/ I've also uninstalled and re-installed, no luck.

Another option is you could use bluestacks to play on a computer, although not great with out a touchscreen!

Another option is you could use bluestacks to play on a computer, although not great with out a touchscreen!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Today was my third time to reach the level up point on level 30 :o

They need to add more than one level at a time, even if the content is more spread out.

I've been having server trouble since about 3am. :(

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I've been having server trouble since about 3am. :(

Go to bed!

Go to bed!

Dont think the boss would approve of me going home early :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭badgerhowlin

Just got a Mystery box from homer buddha which gave me 30 donuts!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭ruthiepie

Just got a Mystery box from homer buddha which gave me 30 donuts!

I got the exact same thing yesterday, was a nice little bonus after usually getting crap from the boxes!! :D

Advertisement