Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

It takes 7 days to die. Did you leave it that long?

yea i think so it was on my ipod an i didn't turn it on in ages. Put it on my Android phone today and logged in to see death and destruction all over the farm.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

90 days growing corn logged in today to collect it and it had died .......:(

Man, that sucks!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

If you havent collected it yet have a friend visit and revive it.

Odd, I got a quest today to start building the squidport and all that, thought that didn't unlock till you hit level 30? I'm level 15 at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

delta36 wrote: »
    Odd, I got a quest today to start building the squidport and all that, thought that didn't unlock till you hit level 30? I'm level 15 at the minute.

No, level 15 is the starting point. I guess they didn't want to cut off access to thousands of people just because they haven't gotten to the highest level.

• Advertisement

No, level 15 is the starting point. I guess they didn't want to cut off access to thousands of people just because they haven't gotten to the highest level.

Fair enough, though from the sound of it, how long it takes and the amount of money it costs, I may leave it for a while yet, can only earn around 15k a day with constant playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Logged in and got an update today. Haven't noticed any changes. Looks like a bug fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

DubDJ wrote: »
    Logged in and got an update today. Haven't noticed any changes. Looks like a bug fix.

There was a small update yesterday too but again no changes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Got lucky at the races and won 200k. I'd been trying since a couple of days ago when I saw they changed the odds and lowered the price. It immediately got spent on Fat Tony's mansion and the Skinner house.

I never use Springfield Downs but gave it a go when I read this. $20,000 on the first attempt, yeah! Cheers for reminding me it's there.

Just won 200k on the Springfield Downs. Spent about 10k on it since they changed it around. Won the top prize and lowest prize. That's all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,465 ✭✭✭corkie

Currently building my 16th boardwalk section it will be ready early Sunday Morning (36 hour build), I am glad that the tile bug has been fixed. I didn't want to be waking up to collect at that hour! I have to wait till Sunday to continue the quests!

I finished the main story quests last night!

The Flying Dutchman finished building tonight and by a bit of shuffling around I was able to get all my buildings in row with out doubling up! I thought I would have need the 16th tile to do it! My lemonade stand will be back with hotdog and popcorn stand when I have my next tile.

Here is my squidport: -
    954751_10151523604091298_1269351960_n.jpg

Regards,
    John

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,627 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Much prefer that there is no time constraints with Squidport. Means you can tackle it at your own pace.

The one big downside to Squidport though is the lack of creativeness with user planning. At least with main Springfield users can plan and layout your town as you see fit. You're extremely limited with Squidport

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

agreed it's pretty much a straight line until maybe Christmas when we have enough tiles

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

The game isn't bad...but....I started last week or so, and now lvl 12.

Everything is 24hrs to build ? , build white house 24hrs -> Millhouses house 24hrs-> Springfield Elementary 24hrs -> willies shack 24rs -> Nuclear plant ->24hrs

It's not as fun anymore waiting a whole day to build something else

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

SeantheMan wrote: »
    The game isn't bad...but....I started last week or so, and now lvl 12.

Everything is 24hrs to build ? , build white house 24hrs -> Millhouses house 24hrs-> Springfield Elementary 24hrs -> willies shack 24rs -> Nuclear plant ->24hrs

It's not as fun anymore waiting a whole day to build something else

Its not really a game that you play for a few hours at a go, its more a pick it up for 10 mins and get some tasks done,come back a few hours later. All buildings take 24+ afaik, but once you get loads of characters you will be able to space them out and queue them to do 4hour,8hour,12hour tasks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Has anyone else lost all their friends?

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭CSSE09

Yes, they got sick of me staying in to play tapped out.

It can happen sometimes when origin messes up, wait a few hours and see if it fixes itself. If they don't come back download origin on your pc and check if your friends list shows up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

CSSE09 wrote: »
    Yes, they got sick of me staying in to play tapped out.

It can happen sometimes when origin messes up, wait a few hours and see if it fixes itself. If they don't come back download origin on your pc and check if your friends list shows up.

Effort :L I'm getting kind of bored of the game anyway :o

It happened to me as well a while back, it'll fix itself in a little bit. As for quitting, you think you'll quit, you'll try, but then you'll come back, they all do in the end..

When you've gotten so many characters at level 30 and you gradually buy more and more land collecting becomes a right pain. I used to send all characters on 12 hours tasks but i've switched to 24hrs instead as it just means collecting only once, but i'll still regularly collect from Houses and buildings.

I've got to a point where i've three rows of land left to purchase. One on the left, right and bottom. Done a quick estimate and it looks like its gonna cost around 3 million to buy it all. So by this time next month I should have all land purchased. I'm getting around 100K a day now from my town which is great. Still takes a lot of cash for all the land though.

Once i've all land i'm going to work towards the aspirational stuff, such as the escalator to nowhere etc. Another 6 million is gonna be tough to reach though.

Still plenty in this game to keep you going besides tasks and events.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

And there was me thinking 33000 was steep for the water expansion!!

Quick question does the more expensive 'tree hugging'/ vanity items increase your rating more?? Or are they all equal?

Really wish there was a ten hour task to carry me over the night, 8 is too short 12 too long :/

PinkFly wrote: »
    And there was me thinking 33000 was steep for the water expansion!!

Quick question does the more expensive 'tree hugging'/ vanity items increase your rating more?? Or are they all equal?

Really wish there was a ten hour task to carry me over the night, 8 is too short 12 too long :/

TSTOTips done a few guides a while back listing details on what goes towards what. In general I find its really easy to build up your Vanity/Tree-hugging rating. A few plants and decorations and your sorted. The Gluttony, Idolence and Consummerism I'm having trouble with. Hoping Squidport will help. I hate having multiple amounts of the same building.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

so my mystery box gave me 30 donuts, then the app quit and when i went back in i got my mystery box back and a parking lot :mad:

Just finished the task to send Springfielders to eat the The Frying Dutchman. Everybody except Jasper and Herman seemed to have the 8 hour task available. Maybe because they're the most recent additions to the game. It was funny though seeing every other character all in the same restaurant. Only needed to send 20 but sent them all instead. Easier to collect :D

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭CSSE09

Just finished the task to send Springfielders to eat the The Frying Dutchman. Everybody except Jasper and Herman seemed to have the 8 hour task available. Maybe because they're the most recent additions to the game. It was funny though seeing every other character all in the same restaurant. Only needed to send 20 but sent them all instead. Easier to collect :D

Same as myself, I took this last night
    Screenshot_2013_06_22_22_35_19.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,465 ✭✭✭corkie

I am just after starting that task sent everyone as well (except Jasper and Herman, (who i sent on there own 8 hour tasks) and snake who was on a random quest to serve time). Finish at 8pm! My town is a ghost town except for my pet snake!

I nearly forgot to start the build of my 17th tile, when I was busy sending the characters to the Dutchman.

How many main characters have we at this stage in total? (I have squeaky voice, moleman, jasper and duffman as well!)

Edit: I have counted 43 characters in total!

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Digits

Hey I just added a few of you guys. Not long after starting so my town is pretty bare. :/

Add me fullhouse11

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I got sick of chasing everyone around to give them tasks so I replaced my roads with pavements. Left one bit of road so I go and collect everything in the town while everyone makes their way to the one bit of road. So much easier. They'll hang around the boardwalk for a little (if thats where they were) but will end up heading to the road also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

When I send characters to do tasks on the boardwalk (e.g. Bart and Milhouse to the Itchy and Scratchy shop, people to eat at the Frying Dutchman), they don't walk there like normal, they just disappear, and when I click on the building they're already there.

Is this happening to anyone else? It doesn't bother me or anything, just wondering if other people are seeing this too.

• Advertisement

Yeah I've been noticing some characters just appearing on the Boardwalk. But some walk. Also see some characters just walk through buildings and fences. Bit annoying as they take most of the routes as normal and then just become invisible and walk through things.

Advertisement